It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:39 pm 

I am trying to set up the marker editor. I have followed all of Jahmen's steps through to number 5. Now test the plClient. I get past the login screen and the game begins to load, however it hangs at "Loading Global. . .msg 11333."

So I went ahead and completed step 6 - Phython file. I now get the message: 'Loading Global. . . msg 11165." and the game just hangs there.

I have Windows 7, can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for your help : )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:37 pm 

zftm, the only things I can suggest, make sure your script wasn't copy pasted in but typed. If that doesn't fix it, try uninstalling the game and reinstall it and follow the steps again.
However the last suggestion to uninstall and reinstall is a last resort measure that usually fixes most software issues more often than not. It's just time consuming.

Hope this helps.

P. S. I had to do my own steps a few times before I got them to work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 pm 

Thanks so much Jahmen I deleted everything, including my new moula download and started again. It worked! have a great day! : )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:10 am 

:D Glad to hear it worked.
The Marker Editor is a fantastic tool for creating complex Marker Games of text.
I never got around to working out how to get the old marker editor games I had created to work with the new Marker Editor version. I only know the format scripting had changed. Nobody was able or willing to post any steps for me to transition my old marker quest text over into the new marker editor format. Making Quest Games was my main interest of fun in MOUL, so without the ability to remake all my former works, I quit plying. I now just visit the city on occations.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Not really a guide, but there’s an example and a discussion of the new format here.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:41 am 

korovev, Thank you for posting.
The shared link to what Lyrositor posted I think I had seen before, however, in seeing it again it occurred to me perhaps I hadn’t fully or correctly understood what was meant by deleting the GUIDE and had done it all wrong. Yet, I’ve never seen posted just exactly how we go about deleting the guide so as to have the Quest upload as new.
Problem is that any trial and error to solving the deletion of the guide to get it to upload the game as new just isn't practical.
What I mean is; do you completly delete guid: line? or just what comes after the guid:
Both of which I tried and didn't work with a few other ways. Messing with the Guide always kept my Game Quests from uploading, period.
I just assume it must be some deep dark MOUL Explorer secret amongst the Elite Quest makers using the CWE Marker Editor now.
ALL I know is the CWE Marker Editor produces a different scripting format now from the original Marker Editor Lyrositor had done that I have all my Quests made in. After a copy pasting of script from my original Quest games into the new Marker editor, it wouldn’t upload, and knowing how exacting the old script coding was I did a test.
TEST: I created a new Quest, threw down 10 markers and downloaded the game using the CWE Marker Editor.
If I copy/ pasted my old original marker coordinates and text into the new game marker’s script format in the CWE Marker Editor, it would upload and work taking my edited changes to marker coordinates and text.
HOWEVER, deleting and retyping in, line by line, each marker’s coordinates and text from all of my 20 plus old Marker Games of 110 to 300 markers would be too labor & time consuming to be practical.
I was told others had no trouble restoring their original Quests saved from the original Marker Editor we all used by just deleting the guide of the old Quests and uploadeing them as new.
I asked them to Post how, but they never Posted privately or publically how they deleted their guide to make it upload as a new Quest game.
I had plans for additional Quests, but without the ability to restore what I had already made, they wouldn’t make much sense to do. Until somebody posts a step by step or example on deleting a Quests Guide to get it to upload as a new game using the old Marker Editors format, I’m effectively out of MOUL for good.
I know that my absence makes little difference to the World of MOUL and I will always recall the tremendous fun I had with other explorers with great fondness.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Could you post a small sample (before and after editing, enclosed in [ code ] tags), so we can try to find the problem?
If you wrote the quests exactly as in the OP, you’re missing a “]” in the coordinates and there are too many quotes.

Note that any quest made before the Great Crash is bound to have a wrong GUID.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

The early editor followed the JSON specifications:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Code:
{
   "markers": [
      {
         "age": "city",
         "text": "Museum IS L-Post light",
         "coords": [-204.81971740722656, 37.16176223754883, 249.9773406982422]
      },
      {
         "age": "city",
         "text": "Museum IS R-Post light",
         "coords": [-211.4159393310547, 24.666122436523438, 249.864501953125]
      }
   ]
}

The latter editor follows the YAML specifications:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Code:
markers:
     text: Museum IS L-Post light
     coords: [-204.81971740722656, 37.16176223754883, 249.9773406982422]
     text: Museum IS R-Post light
     coords: [-211.4159393310547, 24.666122436523438, 249.864501953125]

Note that you should also have the “creator: ” and “name: ” items, and “guid: ” if necessary.

You can find a converter here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:56 pm 

korovev WOW! :D
I came back to see if anything was new to solving the old Quest formats incompatibility with the new CWE Marker Editor format.
I hadn't known what their language specification names were, but I loved how you posted each to show their language differences in your examples.

Then I noticed at the bottom
You can find a converter here. and found the Converter LINK! :shock: SWEET!

Excited! and BUMMED because my dual PCI SLI Nvidia GeForce graphic cards died on my 10 year old Desktop Gaming PC!
Oh Yeah, does anyone know if MOUL will run in Windows 10?

I had been on the fence to buying a cheap Graphic card replacement or just buy a new PC, given the age and expected failure of remaining PC hardware being inevitable.
A Cheap Graphics Card and hope the rest will last long enough to convert all my old Quest files over.

Then a NEW GAMING PC when Obduction comes out, figuring up coming Windows 10 released should have most of the usual OS release security & bugs worked out by then.

Guess I will be returning to the cavern now. Did anyone miss me? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:23 am 

I have!
I am really psyched that maybe! ???
Jahmens Journals will soon be back???
:)

Lyneesa KI#107095 aka Lyyne 106746 aka Taadpole 106952

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome back Jahmen!!!

Jahmen wrote:
Oh Yeah, does anyone know if MOUL will run in Windows 10?

It works well in Windows 10 but you have to run the off-line game (URUCC) in windowed mode to get it to work properly (Just found that out today - Thanks again Ainia)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:33 am 

Bummed! Came back looking for the Quest games converter to start converting my old quests now that I'm back in MOUL playing again.

But in the post thread "Then I noticed at the bottom
You can find a converter here. and found the Converter LINK! SWEET!

The link to it no longer works. Is it still available?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi ;
have you lost all I wrote you in PM? You don't have access to your previous account?

This converter is an informatic language converter, not a quest converter. I told you about that in the PMs.
I still own the quest converter that I've built for you, and you still have to test it... :wink:

*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that post was quoting mine, and the link is this one :wink: .

See the examples to determine which syntax your quests are written in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

1 year ago, I've build a quest converter for Jahmen; it's converting an old syntax quest to a new syntax quest, which is what Jahmen was looking for.
But there's a problem: I built it as a local PHP file, because it's the only way I was able to build a converter.

I was unable to fully test it because I don't have any old syntax quest on my computer (not only an example, but a full quest).
Like I said to Jahmen, when my converter will be fully tested and fully fonctional (maybe it's already fully fonctional, who knows), I'll take some time to secure the PHP file; and when this file will be secured, I'll upload it on my website.
In this way, everybody can use it to be able to enjoy again the old quests.

Or, I can "give" this PHP file to someone else; this "someone else" tests the converter, does the necessary corrections (if there's some), secures the file and uploads it on his website.
Or this "someone else" can also simply use this PHP file as an idea to build a quest converter application, for example.

Edit: Here is the source code of the PHP file:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Code:
<?php
   if(isset($_POST['marker_game']) AND $_POST['marker_game'] != '')
   {
      $markerGame = htmlspecialchars($_POST['marker_game']);
      $file = fopen('marker_game.txt', 'r+');
      ftruncate($file, 0);
      fputs($file, $markerGame);
      rewind($file);

for($numberOfLines = 0; $numberOfLines < 2; $numberOfLines = $numberOfLines + 1)
      {
         $data['guid'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      }

$data['name'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      $marker = 1;

for($numberOfLines = 0; $numberOfLines < 3; $numberOfLines = $numberOfLines + 1)
      {
         $data['marker' . $marker . 'text'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      }

$data['marker' . $marker . 'age'] = rtrim(fgets($file));

for($numberOfLines = 0; $numberOfLines < 2; $numberOfLines = $numberOfLines + 1)
      {
         $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 1] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      }

$data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 2] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 3] = rtrim(fgets($file));

for($numberOfLines = 0; $numberOfLines < 3; $numberOfLines = $numberOfLines + 1)
      {
         $data['marker_end'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      }

if($data['marker_end'] != '],')
      {
         $marker = 2;

for($data['marker_end'] = ''; $data['marker_end'] != '],'; $marker = $marker + 1)
         {
            $data['marker' . $marker . 'text'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
            $data['marker' . $marker . 'age'] = rtrim(fgets($file));

{
               $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 1] = rtrim(fgets($file));
            }

$data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 2] = rtrim(fgets($file));
            $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 3] = rtrim(fgets($file));

{
               $data['marker_end'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
            }
         }
      }

$data['creator'] = rtrim(fgets($file));
      $totalMarkers = $marker - 1;
      $marker = 0;
      $markerGameParts[0] = str_replace('!\'\'!', '&quot;', str_replace('&quot;', '', str_replace('\&quot;', '!\'\'!', $data['creator']))) . '
' . substr(str_replace('&quot;', '', $data['guid']), 0, -1) . '
markers:';

for($foundMarkers = 0; $foundMarkers < $totalMarkers; $foundMarkers = $foundMarkers + 1)
      {
         $marker = $marker + 1;
         $markerGameParts[$marker] = '
-   ' . substr(str_replace('&quot;', '', $data['marker' . $marker . 'age']), 0, -1) . '
    coords: [' . $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 1] . ' ' . $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 2] . ' ' . $data['marker' . $marker . 'coord' . 3] . ']
    ' . substr(str_replace('&quot;text&quot;', 'text', $data['marker' . $marker . 'text']), 0, -1);
      }

$markerGameParts[$marker + 1] = '
' . substr(str_replace('!\'\'!', '&quot;', str_replace('&quot;', '', str_replace('\&quot;', '!\'\'!', $data['name']))), 0, -1) . '
';
      $markerGameParts = str_replace('&quot;', '"', $markerGameParts);
      rewind($file);
      ftruncate($file, 0);

foreach($markerGameParts as $markerGamePart)
      {
         fputs($file, $markerGamePart);
      }

fclose($file);
      header('Location: marker_game.txt');
   }
?><!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
   <head>
      <meta charset="utf-8" />
      <title>Marker Game Converter</title>
   </head>
   <body style="text-align:center;">
      <form method="post" action="index.php">
         <p>
            <textarea name="marker_game" rows="33" cols="120" placeholder="1) When using this kind of tool, always make sure to keep a copy of your files.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              2) For each quest (marker game) you want to convert, create IN GAME a new quest (no marker needed) and give it the title you want (the same title than the ''name'' in the old quest).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               3) Use the MarkerEditor to download the new quest file.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               4) Copy and paste here the content of the old quest file, replace the ''guid'' code by the new quest ''guid'' code, make sure the ''creator'' name is the same than your current avvie name, and clic on ''convert the marker game''.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             5) Right clic on the new webpage, select ''Save as...'', select the new quest file and save the new marker game by replacing the new quest file (the marker game filename should become the one of the file you're replacing).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         6) Use the MarkerEditor to upload the new quest file.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               7) I hope the quest runs...                                                                                                                                                                                                                               -- TheScar --"></textarea>
         </p>
         <p>
            <input type="submit" value="Convert the marker game!" />
         </p>
      </form>
   </body>
</html>

*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.