It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Patcher Problem
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:34 pm 

I was last in the Cavern 2 days ago. Several folk told me there seemed to be server issues and they were expecting a crash. Today I tried to log in and got a message saying the program was trying to download a new patcher. With only a few percent showing on the progress bar I got another message saying 'Unable to delete old patcher' and the program closed. I have tried this with the same results on two different computers. Any ideas folks?
[edit] Just tried to login on an older computer. Went through updates to 131, then crashed with the same error about being unable to delete the old patcher and saying that a .dll file is missing; d3dx9_27

Post subject: Re: New Patcher Problem
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah Adam! Check these two threads about the recent update to see if either one can answer your questions:

d3dx9_27.dll is missing

Black screen of death while using Build 918.OpenUru#131

Hope you get things sorted out soon and have a happy holiday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:43 am 

Shorah, Merry Christmas and Good Morning Tai'lahr. Good to see you online again and many thanks for your help which has now enabled me to resolve the problem. The full solution meant that I uninstalled MO:UL from my desktop and laptop computers and then downloaded and installed new copies from this website. I then used the link that you suggested, from Susa'n, and updated the DirectX .dll files. It all ran smoothly I can now access the Cavern again. I hope to see you in there over the holiday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:24 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

You shouldn't have needed to re-install at all. Worst case would be to install the updated DirectX, check in Task Manager's Processes tabs for any urulauncher.exe or uruexplorer.exe processes and stop them all then run the launcher as admin. Usually, if you've installed MOULa anywhere other than in "Program Files" you won't need to Run as Admin.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:17 pm 

I have unfortunately no success.
I have a new error message after I reinstalled direct x .
Everything is going quite normal but the login page does not open.
Then there is an error messege:
Error 0xc000007b program finish with OK
Can anyone help? :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you run the launcher/patcher as an Administrator?

That error code usually comes when running on a Windows 64 bit computer. Is that what your computer has on it?

Did you install DirectX as an Administrator? If not, can you try reinstalling it as one?

_R

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:17 pm 

The DirectX installers require admin rights and pop up an elevation dialog when you run them (like most installers do), I don't think you can run them without admin rights by accident.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:54 pm 

Dulcamara wrote:
Then there is an error messege:
Error 0xc000007b program finish with OK

That sounds to me like you've got some kind of mix-up between 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the DLLs. Uru is a 32-bit application and if only 64-bit versions of the DLLs are available then you'll get problems like this. DirectX and the .NET Framework are possibly the most likely sources. As you've just re-installed DirectX then that is the prime suspect. Did you re-boot the PC afterwards? Sometimes that's all that's needed.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:56 am 

Hello Mac Fife,
yes that was it. My PC need both 64 bit and 32 bit of DLLs.
Fixed the problem.
Many thanks for all reply. I am so happy :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:56 pm 

Hi there, this Forum thread seems to have been helpful to many that have similar symptoms.
I am running Windows 7/64-bit and trying to enter the main cavern, getting the patcher update, but it won't proceed past there.

I have successfully installed the DirectX 9.0c update (yes, running it as administrator), and rebooted my machine (per the d3dx9_27.dll is missing thread), but I still get the "Failed to delete old patcher executable. Access is denied." symptom. I can get into the Gehn and TOC shards (both of which successfully updated since the last time I visited), but not into the main cavern.

I am thinking that uninstalling and reinstalling MOULa is my best option at this point. Some have reported that this fixed the problem, but others insist it is not necessary.

What additional information can I offer to help diagnose?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:37 pm 

Usually this happens because Windows UAC is blocking the patcher from replacing itself. This will happen if MOULa is installed in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", in which case running the launcher as Admin should get you going. The other common thing to cause this is if your AV software is blocking the update - Norton, for example, needs to be expressly told to trust urulauncher.exe AND uruexplorer.exe. A third common problem is still having a rogue urulauncher running in the background from a previous failed startup attempt. Open Task Manager and look in the Processes tab for any instances of urulauncher.exe or uruexplorer.exe and make sure you terminate ALL of them before re-trying.

Generally, once you get the patcher to run once, you'll be OK until there's another client update.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

And Here Again is Mac_Fife To The Rescue...even as a 'Former' moderator..We love you Mac!!! Hope you and yours have a glorious New Year!!!

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

This sounds wonderful, Charura, and I agree ... and this is what came to mind immediately ... :P

For he’s a jolly good fellow, for he’s a jolly good fellow
For he’s a jolly good fellow (pause), which nobody can deny ... /rapturous applause ... :)
(the American version)

and the British version as of this Wiki entry

For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow (pause), and so say all of us ... /sustained applause ... :)

My best wishes for you and yours Mac and Charura as well as everyone else too for a marvelous and exceptionally wonderful and Happy New Year !!! ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
rapturous vs sustained - that definitely sounds like American vs European. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:44 am 

I am in the cavern! Therefore, I join in the rapturous chorus.
Without the responses on this Forum (and in my personal opinion, to this particular thread), the update could have been a nasty disaster for many.

Three cheers for Mac_Fife! Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah!

Cheers and Thanks!