It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:22 pm 

In the last few days, a lot of peeps have been having problems launching game after selection of avvie. :(
It seems that we are all getting the dreaded "Untranslated: Set Active Player failed: Internal Error" message and then having to restart the game to get in.
Some have said that they have to restart 2 or 3 times before getting in. For me, it's always a 2nd start that gets me in.
Once I'm in Relto, if I quit the game and restart, I'll get the same message as above, do a restart and all is good from there.
Just an inconvenience but maybe it's indicative of a growing problem that could be checked out maybe... :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:34 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

A lot of times, that happens because it takes too long for the avatar data to be loaded from the server. So that could indeed be a sign that the server is having some sort of issue. On the other hand, and this may be entirely coincidental, I've noticed that my own internet ping times and connection speed has been highly variable over the past several days (all those folks with new laptops, tablets and media streamers going nuts downloading stuff I expect ;) ) and that kind of thing could also be having an effect.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have four accounts including my family.
A phenomenon same as this happens to all four people of the family. :shock:

I hope that this phenomenon is temporary. :|

Toki #00084908
TOKIO #02973205

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm 

I had the set active player error when i tried to log in yesterday. When I started the program again it I was able to log in. I thought I should mention that I have only had it happen once before. So if it is happening to many people recently that may indicative of something.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I saw this once yesterday approx 3 seconds after selecting the player, so it's no timeout. Generally, internal error means "oracle error". Probably need to restart the DB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:01 pm 

I've been getting this error as well in the past few days, usually the first login attempt fails and the second try works again. This happens on both of my accounts FWIW.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Been having the same problem I can get in the second time but now the first time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

There's a bunch of dead DB connections laying around from what looks like a server crash (and auto restart) that happen 4 days ago that is causing problems.

We are going to do a complete server restart tomorrow morning PST (1/5/2016) that should solve the problems.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:08 am 

Yay ! Thanks Chogon, Mac, Adam, etc.
Just for the heck of it, I deleted the Uru TOS file (as is needed from time to time for various bugs ) and even though it's supposed to be replaced during updating procedure, during 2 more Log In's it has yet to be visible onscreen and is not visible in the Uru folder where it usually is.
Perhaps it's just a little more evidence pointing to a DB reset being needed.

Thanks again to all for the terrific service and attention paid to keeping things going for all of us. :!:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Thanks (yet again), Chogon! I was beginning to wonder why I was having so many network errors every time I activated an avatar. It would crash on the first attempt, but always activate on the second.

This happened in Win 7 and Win 10, but not in XP.

Correction: it's started happening in XP, too.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:09 pm 

Quote:
I was beginning to wonder why I was having so many network errors every time I activated an avatar. It would crash on the first attempt, but always activate on the second.

Same here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:18 pm 

A big call out to Chogon for the restart; cheers, cheers, cheers! Not only did that solve this problem everyone was having, moi included, but the FOREVER updating (mentioned by me in another post) that could go on for over 10 MINUTES has stopped as well. Now it is 15 to 30 seconds. Before when I was starting Uru, I would go in the next room for a snack only to come back in 10 or more minutes and find I had to do it all over again! Most annoying.
Mnay thanks.