It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:06 am 

After completing the four ages and returning to the Cleft, Yesha gives me the Cleft book and I go to touch it, everything freezes and I cannot do anything. I take this to be what I called corrupt somehow. I was just hoping to discard everything and begin again fresh. I was not looking for some secret way to do anything. Not interested in a spoiler, whatever that is. Just dealing with what I believe is a technical issue. If I could redo everything perhaps the issue will go away. I was hoping there was a way to do this.
I am not perhaps as savvy as some, and I probably described the issue badly. I apologize for my ignorance here. I have met some very nice people playing the game, so I guess I would be better served asking them. The few I have asked did said they had never heard of this issue and suggested I try posting here. So I did, and I seem to have upset some because they think I want a "spoiler", which I take to mean a "cheat" of some kind. That is not the case.
If the game freezes, that seems to be technical. So without advice I have no hope but to muddle through this alone and see what happens. I have no idea how to delete everything but I will attempt something. I suspect I will lose all, even the cool nickname I was hoping to salvage. Whatever happens will happen.

Post subject: Re: Cleft book
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:20 am 

Last reply by Voyager is absolutely a spoiler.
One is not, If one does not want to, supposed to know any of that to keep the game interesting.

Not what comes thru doin what or whatever. Please!

MR

PS!
There is a section for posting issues involving potential spoilers when discussing. A player should be able to read things i Spoiler-Free without risking getting plot or part of puzzles or order of events, or events at all, revealed. Can we just move this thread and continue helping out without upsetting the explorer who does not want ahead knowlegde of any sort.

Post subject: Re: Cleft book
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, it can be a bit confusing: for puzzle and lore discussions there are a spoilers and a spoiler-free section, plus a third one for technical problems. Of course, in a puzzle game, it can sometimes be difficult to tell what’s a bug and what’s a feature :lol:

Now, there seems to be some general problems with linking at the moment, so I would wait a bit before starting from scratch.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am sorry if i have upset you Voyager, that was not my intention.
But it is somewhat tricky to get into the details without spoiling something here or there.
Usually a problem in an Age can be solved by restarting it.
When you restart an Age you will still retain some of your progres regardless, like Relto-pages for instance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:43 pm 

tommyap wrote:
???

How does one restart the "cleft" with its original avatar ?

Only Cyan could have solved that problem (In Uru Live) if they put their mind into it unless I miss something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:29 am 

tommyap wrote:
I am sorry if i have upset you Voyager, that was not my intention.
But it is somewhat tricky to get into the details without spoiling something here or there.
When you restart an Age you will still retain some of your progres regardless, like Relto-pages for instance.

In order to restart an Age, tho, you have to delete the book and re-acquire it. The Cleft book has no delete button--- and since...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
it doesn't have a spot in-game where you acquire it-- it normally just appears in your relto, then moves to your shelf...
...you wouldn't be able to start it over.

No, I think the OP's avatar is doomed. BUT.. I am pretty sure I've deleted an avatar, then re-used the same name on a NEW avatar.... and I THINK, op, that if you delete your avatar, that'll make the name available again--- so you can PROBABLY start a new avatar with the same nickname. i THINK so.. been awhile since I did this, tho.

-- the only issue I remember from doing it myself, is that ALL my personal Ages had "(1)" added to the title. Cuz they were all re-creations of the original deleted versions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:55 am 

HarveyMidnight wrote:
No, I think the OP's avatar is doomed. BUT.. I am pretty sure I've deleted an avatar, then re-used the same name on a NEW avatar.... and I THINK, op, that if you delete your avatar, that'll make the name available again--- so you can PROBABLY start a new avatar with the same nickname. i THINK so.. been awhile since I did this, tho.

-- the only issue I remember from doing it myself, is that ALL my personal Ages had "(1)" added to the title. Cuz they were all re-creations of the original deleted versions.

Thank you HarveyMidnight,

I just did a test, delete an old avatar and did recreate it within a few minutes and....it worked.

Advice: take a few screenshots of the first avatar /all settings in the Relto wardrobe, save all KI mails and makers games if any, by sending them to a spare avatar.

Next replay everything according to your wishes / plus avoid making the same mistake(s) again.

Good luck.

Edit: typo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Advice: don’t delete everything because linking fails; it happened before (Bahro caves) an it wasn’t because of corrupted avatars.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:14 am 

My bad!
I started to read in the other section and ended up here on the same subject later. I don´t mind it here in technical.
MR