It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:17 am 

I'm trying to return after a very long hiatus, and I found that I don't remember my password. So I took myself to the "Play" page and clicked the link to recover my MO:ULagain password, only to be told that account creation is offline. Any word on when it'll be back? I've finally got a machine capable of handling the cavern without collapsing, and I'm excited to get back into the city.

Virg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:57 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Send a PM to Chogon or Tor'i and ask for your password to be reset. The self-service system may be down for while yet.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:04 am 

Hi everyone,
Same problem, I am a new player but I can't create a game account....
I made this forums account in order to ask for a fix.
Thanks!
Regards.
Faye Nana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:07 pm 

As my previous reply - send a PM to one of the Support people, include your email address and ask for an account to be created for you.

There's nothing "broken", so there is no "fix" ;)

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:34 am 

sorry if this is a bothersome question. but I had read the fourm post and saw that you had said to contact support. i was assuming it was the two names you mentioned above.

i contacted both a day apart and i had yet to get a response. its been about 2 or so days now.

i dont know how long i should wait or if i need to contact another person in support but i am very exited to try this game out again after seeing its still alive after playing it in the gametap days i think once or twice (i was like 10 i wasnt not smart with puzzles hahah)

EDIT: i forgot to mention i was trying to get an account created.

Last edited by supersonic21 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:57 am 

I am also trying to get my old account back or re-created since it has been a LONG time. I have sent a message to Tor'i tonight since this is te first day I was able to post (had to wait to get added to the Explorers)

Slackers 00076610
H'URU 0027226
Garden Club 00028790

Current: 05891706

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah and welcome home, supersonic and cyanna. If you've sent a message to Chogon and/or Tor'i, all you can do is wait, now. It is the weekend, so that's likely part of the delay. I'm sure it won't be long, though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:00 am 

Hello All. I am new here. I was browsing this forum, because I wanted to see what I could do to create a MO:UL Account. I absolutely love the entire MYST series and have playe all of them several times... Well except for URU. I just recently finished URU Complete Chronicles, but I have heard there is a lot different in MO:UL. I Really want to try it out. I guess I should contact Chogon and/or Tor'i, but I feel a little odd messaging people when I'm new and don't know anybody... To be honest I've never really been one for MMO games. People usually frustrate me. (Nervous chuckle...) But I have heard a lot of good things about MO:UL and that the players are accepting and helpful. Also this game is more about working together than all that PVP stuff that I don't really like. So Anyway, I just wanted to say Hello to all, and See what I need to do to get started playing.

The ending can never truly be written

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

If all goes well, you do not need to contact anyone.
Press Esc to stop scrolling background.
Welcome, and have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah, Sundrop and welcome to the community. I'm afraid there's no other way to get your new account activated than to contact Chogon and/or Tor'i (Cyan employees). I understand your discomfort. I was a forum lurker for years before joining the community. It seemed like everyone knew everyone else and who was I to crash their party? But, everybody has been new at some point. And, now that you've posted, you're part of the community. Welcome!

tommyap wrote:
This is a reference to something you'll encounter when you create an avatar. The intro video was removed (OpenSource, blah, blah, blah reasons) and replaced by a scrolling background. You'll see it after you've created the avatar and nothing will happen at that point until you hit Escape.

I hope you get into the cavern soon to begin your explorations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

And... for the older explorers trying to re-activate their old account, there was a vault wipe some time back, so everyone's account was lost and we all had to start over from scratch....

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 pm 

Charura wrote:
... so everyone's account was lost and we all had to start over from scratch....
We'll, actually it was the avatars that were lost - the accounts/passwords were OK. But yeah, it was pretty much a case starting over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Shorah, Sundrop and welcome to the community. I'm afraid there's no other way to get your new account activated than to contact Chogon and/or Tor'i (Cyan employees). I understand your discomfort. I was a forum lurker for years before joining the community. It seemed like everyone knew everyone else and who was I to crash their party? But, everybody has been new at some point. And, now that you've posted, you're part of the community. Welcome!

tommyap wrote:
This is a reference to something you'll encounter when you create an avatar. The intro video was removed (OpenSource, blah, blah, blah reasons) and replaced by a scrolling background. You'll see it after you've created the avatar and nothing will happen at that point until you hit Escape.

I hope you get into the cavern soon to begin your explorations.

Thanks a bunch. I'll message them right away. I can't wait to start exploring the cavern! ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:26 pm 

Hooray I have an account now! I can't wait to meet you all in the cavern! ^_^

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

I see that online account creation has been unavailable for at least two months now.
Is this a tech matter or a policy thing: a bug or a feature? Temporary or permanent?

Does anyone have the true background story?