It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hoods
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:48 pm 

I deleted my hood book then tried to join 4 different hoods. Never got a book. We did everything right. I had hood member take me to their relto and I used their book. Anyone know how to fix this glitch? TYSM in advance.

Post subject: Re: Hoods
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:19 pm 

The game has been glitchy lately. I speculate that Cyan needs to reset the servers.

Quit the game and log in again. Then try to join the new hood. If you're added as a neighbor, go to the Great Zero Antechamber (third book in hood's book room) and put your hand in the machine to register your KI to that new hood.

If that doesn't work, then restore your blue hood book to its original place on the bookshelf by clicking on the empty space between the left side of the bookcase and the Nexus book. The hood book should slide out so the spine is showing. (When you delete an age, the book doesn't vanish; it retracts into the bookcase.) Then try to delete your hood book and join the new hood.

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Susa'n is probably correct. Because the server needs a reset, KI updating and therefore (probably) Hood updating lags. So there is a definite chance that the next time you log back online you will belong to the Hood of your choice. If not I would wait until the server has been rebooted and then retry.
Server updates are normally listed in the Announcements & News section of this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:40 am 

Thank you Susa'n and HenryMikel for your help. As I have done all the things you suggested with still no book, I will wait. I hope they do it soon. Thanks again, CandiColette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:27 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Restarts used to be done every three weeks, but I think with recent lower usage that was relaxed to six weeks. Even at that we're probably overdue a restart, but I'd guess Obduction fettling is taking precedence.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:50 am 
Obduction Backer

"fettling"? Like "in fine fettle?

Ventris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:24 am 
Obduction Backer

I too have had a problem of not being able to get out of my assigned hood. (DRC 86)
This has happened ever since the big server crash some time ago when we all had to start again with new KI's / hoods etc.
Having tried MANY times with many generous helpers, including recently with Sus'n, over a long time now it just doesn't work.
Some interesting glitch behaviour / aberrations to note:
(I have compared these behaviours with the usual behaviours by testing with another account and AVIJ)

1. When trying to delete my hood:
Click on the book - it goes in, but IMMEDIATELY reappears. Click it AGAIN, and it stays n and I then get the expected confirmation dialogue box as usual. (This does NOT happen to me when using another account - It behaves normally. One click and you get the message)

2. After having deleted the book, If I leave relto and then return, hood book has returned.
This DOES NOT happen with other account

3. If I 'delete' my hood book and I try to create a new hood at Nexus, (by clicking on the flashing yellow book icon) I get the dialogue box but then NOTHING HAPPENS!
Book icon disappears - no new hood name appears alongside - entire top line is blank.
(All other links below appear and act as normal)
Return to Relto and the usual hood book is back again

It is simply not possible to leave this Gulag hood!
Help! Does this behaviour happen for anybody else?
thanks
Geoffree.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:42 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

ventris wrote:
"fettling"? Like "in fine fettle?

As in Boba Fett-ling - the bounty hunt for rogue code.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Hi geoffree, I'm sorry for your frustration with this issue. You may have already tried this, but it's the only thing I can think to suggest: Take someone to your Relto who's ready to invite you to their hood (their hood book is unlocked beforehand) and immediately after deleting your hood book, go to their Relto and use their hood book.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for replying Tai'lahr,
but yes we tried that one!
I've had many months to try lots of solutions, the one upside is that it has been a great way to meet and get to know some very generous people trying to help fix the problem!
It seems as if this is going to remain a mystery, unless somebody from "headquarters" can get into the servers and find out what's happening.
Recent tests show that it is specific to my main Avi, and not my whole account.
(A new Avi created on the same account behaves normally)
Thank you very much for your interest!
Best wishes
Geoffree

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Primary avie, huh? Probably shouldn't have signed that DRC waiver form. ;)

Joking aside and throwing things out from left field, does your primary avie have a lot more experience than the others and/or a full KI? And, have you tried logging in from a different system and trying?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Again.
Yes - pretty full KI. -I might clean out a bit of rubbish and see if that helps.
Doing left field stuff myself, I checked no marker games were running
(even checked that no pellets were cooking!)
I'll try your login from a different system idea and see what happens. Haven't tried that .
Thanks
geoffree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

:?: We tried last night for 5 attempts to bring geoffree into the Obductee's hood.
The first two attempts went OK linking through my book, but he would not show up on the Neighbor list.
Also he linked in to the main floor & not the lower balcony? He did go to the Great Zero & to the Ki machine each time. I had him log out & back and we tried again. The next 3 times he would crash on
linking through my hood book. Then never to return. On the 2nd attempt I went along to his relto & had
him bring his hood book back out. Then deleted it again & being right there quickly linked him through my relto hood book. I think MOULa might need a reboot? geoffree has another avie on the same account that has joined the hood successfully on the same computer. But he would like to bring his main avie into this hood.
Is there such a thing as a borked avie? The next time I see him I think I'll try to have him join some other hood & then see if we can bring him back to Obuctee's hood.
Darn Bahro's are messing things up :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

This happened to me a while ago, I couldn’t change hood no matter what. Unfortunately the solution came in the form of a Global Reset, so I have no suggestions to offer (except writing to Cyan Support).

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:19 pm 

I remember a long (loong) time ago when Faceinpuddleman tried to get back to his own Hood after joining some "safe" "protective" Hood that a group of people had opened, called Mother Tree or something (what was it called, really??), he had been trying for weeks and months to change Hoods (I think there should be a topic in this forum about it) but he never managed to escape that membership until the Wipe came, a couple years later.
So it *can* happen and there's nothing to do about it. My deepest sympathy if it's happened to you. :|