It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Account Creation Offline
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:50 am 
Obduction Backer

i wonder if the below is the reason why is MOULa having so few new players recently. i know that there are griefers, many of us have encountered them at some point in the past, but MOULa needs new players. i wonder how many get discouraged and never actually contact CYAN after getting the below message because frankly, there is nothing in that message that indicates they should do so. they maybe keep "trying again later" ....... and never succeed :(. so my question is - can anything be done to repair the account creation feature ? pretty please and thank you in advance.

"Account Creation Offline

Account creation is currently not available

Sorry, but we are currently unable to process any account creation or password reset requests. Please try again later

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and hope to have service back online shortly.

Support: If you need to contact support, please contact us by visting http://support.cyanworlds.com"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:43 am 
Obduction Backer

what i meant is:
1. many people don't even realise that they have to contact CYAN in order to activate their MOULa accounts so they try, and they try some more and finally give up and walk away from MOULa :(
2. i think it will be easier for everyone, especially CYAN, now that they are busy with so many tickets, to repair account creation feature so that they don't need to do it manually every single time someone needs it.

i don't know how easy or difficult that is but, it seems to me like a better option and less load on CYAN's shoulders. i would rather see them busy with creating new games, items, ages etc. :D than busy with manually creating each and every new account .......... :?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

It might seem strange to you, but automating account creation adds up to more work, distraction, and maintenance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:33 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

ZestyOfXeniphers wrote:
2. i think it will be easier for everyone, especially CYAN, now that they are busy with so many tickets, to repair account creation feature so that they don't need to do it manually every single time someone needs it.

The account ceation service.does not need "repaired", it has been intentionally turned off to reduce workload on Support who are fully occupied with Obduction. I don't imagine that Cyan will want to amend the message either, as actively steering people to an already busy Support group is probably not what they want at the moment. Their priority will be on the revenue generating stuff, not "free" stuff like MOULa - that's business. Besides, we have no idea what state the CavCon funds are in nowadays.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

thank you for your reply Mac_Fife. well maybe then MOULa should not be free. a small subscription fee could work miracles, i think. even if it stays as it is without any new content. it would ensure regular maintenance and CavCon that counts. it would also discourage griefers.
just an idea. we love Obduction, we backed the project, but i am sure nobody would like to see MOULa die.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Voluntary donations may produce more funding than a set subscription for this game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:36 am 
Obduction Backer

yes, it might, but it doesn't JWPlatt. CavCon is at 2 and that is pretty low and we just have to do something .......... on our end we are trying everything we can think of and will keep trying ..........

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:14 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

"We" don't have the authority to set up a subscription service on behalf of Cyan - not that we'd want to - and Cyan wants its focus on new products. All that "we" can do is donate and work on open source and content to increase interest, attention and popularity. That's the power we have to make a difference, but progress is slow and participants are dwindling through attrition. Perhaps it's better to recruit talent for the open source effort or find motivated people to consistently be involved in content. As far as CAVCON goes, it has not been updated on its thread since May, so we have no clear picture of the status other than taking the game's Cavern Status message at face value, which perhaps we shouldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:53 pm 

What if people are interesting of the game and want make an account and see it's offline and I don't want this that's still offline! :( :x

Code:
A3'9UR4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:20 pm 

The problem with introducing a fee is that it opens up all sorts of issues about tracking who has or hasn't paid, and then activating/deactivating accounts accordingly (more support work), dealing with exchange rates and then it all probably becomes "taxable income" (voluntary donations aren't).

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

TGMChrist. wrote:
What if people are interesting of the game and want make an account and see it's offline and I don't want this that's still offline! :( :x

Yeah, I guess that's more the point of this thread. But giving Cyan a rest from this distraction until they catch up with other developments is better than taking it offline, eh?

However, there are other shards such as the Guild of Writers' Gehn and OpenUru.org's Minkata.

Even though they are on the Play page, maybe Cyan has enough time to put alternative shard links here too?
http://account.mystonline.com/accounts/index.php

Or at least put a link to go back to the Play page with an explanation "See alternatives here:"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

well then, let's do whatever we can to keep MOULa alive and kicking without putting additional burden on CYAN's shoulders. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:02 am 

I'm one of those people interested in creating an account..I've been checking weekly for months but to no avail unfortunately. I used to have an account years ago ..but support has told me it no longer exists due to the account purge. At this point I'm guessing I'm out of luck :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:12 am 

Why it's so difficult to make the Account Creation Online. And this game is the official and only Online game that Cyan Inc. made. :cry: The shards are made by fans.

Code:
A3'9UR4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:12 am 

Leosphinx wrote:
I used to have an account years ago ..but support has told me it no longer exists due to the account purge. At this point I'm guessing I'm out of luck :(
That suggests you're talking about an account from before 2010 - there are no surviving accounts from those times. Unused, later accounts were deactivated, not removed. You can still ask for re-activation or a new account but you'd need to raise a ticket through support.cyan.com and wait in line with all the other support tickets.