It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

1.)Why do Marker Games break on the server ?

2.)For a week now I can't walk with the mouse, it aims me Lt. to Rt. and sometimes locks forward. I blame it on a WIN 10 update, but the mouse works fine in all other programs and other games.

3.)Skydiving collision walls do not appear to be the same as the original game and jumping physics is not consistent in the cavern now.

@ Adam: There you go, thank you :)

Last edited by TrapperDave on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Can we get an English translation of this stream of consciousness?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Can we get an English translation of this stream of consciousness?

The "headlines" I was able to gather:

* Skydiving in URU is hit or miss (this is new?).
* Lyrositor's Skydiving client is awesome (it sure is!).
* Odd mouse movements since fall Windows 10 update (I've had the same).

I think that about sums it up. Remember folks, editing and formatting are your friends. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

One at at time :) > Bots & a Full Ki:
My #1 question is why do Marker Games become corrupted on the Server? What exactly causes the text file on the Server to bork or become corrupted? Many think it was because people left the marker game on while logging out. Recently some have blamed use of the Bots for corrupting Marker Games and also your entire User Account. I do not believe by using Bots your entire client side files or the server files can become corrupted. The Bots do a great service to the community and in no way do I think the Bots can corrupt the Server. Does anybody really know how the Marker Game files become corrupted and how to prevent it? In addition to that why would a full Ki corrupt the other Marker Game files and/or your User Account and Avatar, as some have stated?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

The bent bahro are to this day sabotaging the Cavern, obviously.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ kor lol ... Must be the bahro, a good explanation :)
#2.) A simple thing like moving with the mouse is annoying and frustrating. Running into walls or other peeps is not fun. I could blame it on the WIN 10 update since it seemed to occur right after the update. However the mouse works fine in all other programs and in two other games. I get the same results using another mouse also. Are the bahro trying to eat mice now? Chatting around I have found many others with mouse movement problems. I have never had this problem before?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

#3.) Skydiving or jumping: What I mean by this.
It's pretty simple. If one time you jump long and the next time you jump short you miss the mark. By consistent I mean it's not the same every time you log in. The game used to be very stable and you could depend on it being exactly the same as the last time you were there. Now it seems to be erratic, changing every time you log in.
What is changing? I don't know if it's due to Server loading of the game, the physics changing, or lag on the new server, but it is not like the original stable game? I know lag can effect this and your connection to the server. It puzzles me as to what is going on ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:49 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

#1. No-one knows what code is in the server so no-one will know in what way it might be involved in the losses or corruptions.

#2. I wouldn't discount the "Fall Creators Update" as a source of the mouse issue. With movement, there's a bit of bouncing back and forward of messages between the client and server, so if the messages are delayed by Windows you'll get odd things happen (that how the lag/mean person/people arises). MOULa isn't known for the robustness of its network code, so the fact that you have no problems elsewhere doesn't really help pin it down.

#3. I'd probably say "see #2". The collision surfaces haven't changed. What you describe sounds like classic network lag issues, so combined with #2 I'd suspect it's the cause of both problems. That Fall update changed a whole lot of stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if something in the network setup has ended up unoptimised.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

1. Pure speculation, as I have no idea how the Vault actually work: using the KI alone, there is a practical limit on how many marker quests an explorer could make and play. With the bots handling dozens of MQs, and the Marker Editor facilitating making MQs with lots of markers, perhaps the part of the server that manages markers is reaching a bottleneck more often.

2. The mouse issue does seem to happen in other shards.

3. The ‘original game’ used Havok, of course the physics felt different. But I guess that’s not what ‘original game’ means here :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am 

I would like to tell you once again that bots are totally innocent about the corruption of any player file and therefore marker games. You have to consider them exactly like any avatar that evolves in the game.
You will find that these problems will still appear even when I withdraw my bots after December 31st.

Why do some marker games files fail to open?
When looking at such a file, it appears that there is no longer any marker coordinate. Only the GUID of the game, the name of the creator and the name of the game are still readable. As a result, nothing happens when a player tries to open it.

What can corrupt a markers game?
This usually happens when a game is in edit mode by the creator of the game and there is a link break between the computer of the player who publishes his game and the server where this game is saved. It is as if, the moment you save a file to your hard disk, there is a power failure. The file will not be saved correctly and you will not be able to open it later.

At the moment, we are seeing big disruptions between our computers and Cyan's servers. There are, for example, more disconnections than before.
I think that when a maintenance is done by Cyan, some problems will be solved. For example, the fact of being able to create markers games because the program "seems" to see a play storage limit for an avatar or avatars for all on the same account.

You have to understand that the game is already old and that it needs a major overhaul to follow the evolution of the operating system (Windows).

Wait and see... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ Mister Magic I totally agree with you that the Bots do No HARM ! Others have said that on a FB post. And I said I disagree with that. They went as far to say a Bot corrupts the whole account!
I stated the Bots do a lot of good for the community! And I Thank You :!:
I told them in the old days we had the Fun House and gray hats, and it never broke players and/or Marker Games that were made in the Magic Ages that I was aware of.

As to Marker Games they are a text file like:
{
"guid": "53ad1a6c-8aa1-4025-bcec-c50135f58ecc",
"name": "Treasure Hunt - City Map/ Kadish/ Eder Gira",
"markers": [
{
"text": "BONUS YOU ARE EXTREMELY RICH",
"age": "city",
"coords": [
]
},
--
If one character is out of place the script is broken I think?
The server must send a separate copy of the file to each player because their progress is saved. So if that player left the game open while logging off, I do not see how it could affect the original file on server, since they must have a separate copy of the file.
Therefore it must be the owner while editing, as you have stated?
Read Minasuna's post on the forum. This is how the Marker Game subject arose :) Her Uru Advent Calendar game was broke & she could not make any more games. When that happened to me I cleaned my Ki out, still not fixed until a server reboot, then everything was fine for me :)
--
A bunch of us had Net 5's this morning :( The game is unstable more than ever before! I never had Net 5's or 6's before ( knock on wood). My mouse is worse than ever. I never had mouse problems before either! I do not see any good fixes with the update that I was unaware of. I do think Cyan needs to reboot the cavern.
--
Read the post on Face Book in the Group URU - MOULa, SHARDS and BEYOND under Mina's URU ADVENT CALENDAR. Where all this arose from on the Bots.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/307148366124646/
I stuck up for the Bots!

So I brought all this here to the forum for feedback :) Along with my mouse problem. It is frustrating that from Day One in the cavern I never had the mouse problem before. ( Is it a WIN 10 problem?)
--
Skydiving is a different problem. It was never "hit & miss" as was said. It was an exact skill. I understand lag making you jump short. However I do not believe that lag will cause you to jump long!
There does seem to be a difference and some collision walls missing or changed? I do not know how or why?

Just asking for feedback and help as to what's going on lately:)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

TrapperDave wrote:
As to Marker Games they are a text file like:

No they aren’t, that’s a JSON export of a marker game, it has nothing to do with how MGs are actually stored in the Vault.

TrapperDave wrote:
Others have said that on a FB post. And I said I disagree with that. They went as far to say a Bot corrupts the whole account!

If bots were harmful, Cyan would obviously have banned their accounts long ago; it’s not like they enjoy having around stuff that can corrupt data.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:01 pm 

@ TrapperDave
Quote:
The server must send a separate copy of the file to each player because their progress is saved. So if that player left the game open while logging off, I do not see how it could affect the original file on server, since they must have a separate copy of the file.

In fact, when you receive a markers game in your Ki, it is not a copy of the game sent to it but the address of the game recorded on the vault.
Each player also has a backup of his progress in the game, using a file called "chronicles". All these data files are grouped in a "chronicles" directory belonging to the avatar.
This explains that since there is only one file of creation of a makers game, when the creator of the game edit his game, it reverberates to all the players who play this game.
It is the same for pictures and notes (ki mails).

I know you do not believe that bots are responsible for the problems described in this post. but once again I wanted to make it clear to those who still doubt that bots have nothing to do with these problems. It is simply a server maintenance to perform.
This is what is currently being done by Cyan!
I think everything will come back in order in a couple of hours !

Good evening. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:11 pm 

I would also like to add that you can have a maximum of 10 markers games in total in your Ki with a maximum of 1000 markers in all ages listed in your Ki. But these numbers are unlimited in your inbox.
The images are limited to 15 and the notes to 30 (still in the ages listed in your Ki)

:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Any chance these numbers could be increased??, many marker games are quite large as far as number of markers....

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422