It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks ! Mac_Fife, korovev, and Mister Magic. All of this has cleared some things up for me.
I think as Mac_Fife has said , nobody knows why Marker Games break!

@ korovev The Marker Editor led me to believe marker games were a text file like that? I thought the text file was simply downloaded & then uploaded again. So there must be some conversion of code translation happening in Lyrositor's Marker Editor? I was also told the Marker Editor was somewhat dangerous to use? By the vault you mean the server?
Thanks for informing me :)

@ Mac_Fife My connection is high speed fiber and I used to not have many Net 6's or Net 5's like this morning 4 of us were booted out at once. Only recently many are having problems, say the last week or so. Thanks.

@ Mister Magic A Big Thank You goes to the Bots ! As korovev has said if they were that much trouble Cyan would have got rid of them by now :) Thanks for your input, people ask and now I can give them a more informed answer :)

Maybe WIN 10 OS does not like running an old game engine :) It was also said by someone we lost the Skydiver Client that Lyro had made? I was unaware of this & thought it was still working? However I've been trying to skydive with the normal client. Problem is I can not repeat jumps that should be a sure thing. I understand lag which would cause you to jump short (hesitation on communicating with the server). But I do not understand why you would jump long at times? That is what I mean by not consistent and hap hazard. I was not aware of the big "Fall Creators Update" that Mac_Fife has mentioned. Maybe things will get ironed out :)

I hold nothing but gratitude for the Bots. the cavern would be pretty boring without all the Bots! The Magic Ages, special magic events, fireworks, cavern tours, and all the great things they do! I thank them for their tedious hours of work and effort they put into it all! I think the majority of the community uses the Bots without hesitation. So I'm positive the Bots help keep the cavcon up!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am 

These maximum values have been set so as not to overload the game's servers.
But it would be possible to do it if Cyan wanted it of course!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have purposefully left A Marker Games open to see if it does make a difference. I used a second account and the game has been open for over 4 months now. I can still play it with avatars in both of my accounts. Now it is not a huge game- maybe 30 markers total.
But one thing that seems to damage a marker game quickly is sending it to a player that cannot do/create a marker mission. if They try and open it there is normally damage. I intend to also verify this by using my two accounts (I still have one avatar left that hasn't completed the Red/Green mission. Hopefully I will try and break a mission and perhaps verify this as a danger to marker games everywhere.