It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Hello Hevy, did you managed to run the game using "Drizzle31.jar" or the "NoCD patch"?

*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 pm 

TCB The Scar wrote:
Hello Hevy, did you managed to run the game using "Drizzle31.jar" or the "NoCD patch"?

Nah, I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm not technical and there's changing of things I don't understand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 pm 

TCB The Scar wrote:

Do you know if there is a tutorial with pictures ? And a list of all the needed tool's links for easy access without the need to go on a hunt to find them ?
I would call it "user friendly" tutorial. :mrgreen:

Edit:
Does he need to install Drizzle 31 over a clean Uru CC installation if he cannot install Uru CC and tell him the difference between Drizzle and the Offline KI :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:
TCB The Scar wrote:

Do you know if there is a tutorial with pictures ? And a list of all the needed tool's links for easy access without the need to go on a hunt to find them ?

Edit:
Does he need to install Drizzle 31 over a clean Uru CC installation if he cannot install Uru CC and tell him the difference between Drizzle and the Offline KI :wink:

The purpose of this topic isn't to know what is the offline KI etc...
- First, I try to help Hevy to run the game.
- Next, if it runs, maybe we'll talk about using Drizzle for different other things.
But the priority here, is to be abble to run the game.

HEVY wrote:
TCB The Scar wrote:

Nah, I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm not technical and there's changing of things I don't understand

The "read me.txt" I sent:

Drizzle:
Code:
To use "Drizzle31.jar" (Java is needed), you can follow the steps of "IV) Drizzle: The Path Of The Shell" in the following url:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426738#p426738

Note: Replace "C:\Uru" by your game folder address, maybe something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru Ages Beyond Myst\".

No-CD patch:
Code:
- If it isn't already done, create an avatar for the game first; no need to play, just enter his name and gender, and quit the launcher.

- Copy the following files in the game folder, by replacing the existing files (do a backup before):
   - SoundDecompress.exe
   - UruExplorer.exe
   - UruSetup.exe
   - sp.dll

- Copy the "dummyages" folder in the "dat" folder of the game folder.

- Right clic on the "SoundDecompress.exe" file, choose properties, check the "Run this program as compatibility mode for" case, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", check the "Run as administrator" case.

- Run the "SoundDecompress.exe" file.

- When the sound decompression ends, right clic on the game shortcut, choose properties, check the "Run this program as compatibility mode for" case, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", check the "Run as administrator" case.

- Try to play.

Tell me what you don't understand, Hevy.

On a side note, if you don't say "I don't understand", I can't know that you don't understand...
I'm ok to try to help, but if you don't try too, I can't ; I'm not next your computer to do the things by myself. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:16 pm 

TCB The Scar wrote:
Artic_Wagon wrote:
TCB The Scar wrote:

Edit:

The purpose of this topic isn't to know what is the offline KI etc...
- First, I try to help Hevy to run the game.
- Next, if it runs, maybe we'll talk about using Drizzle for different other things.
But the priority here, is to be abble to run the game.

HEVY wrote:
TCB The Scar wrote:

The "read me.txt" I sent:

Drizzle:
Code:
To use "Drizzle31.jar" (Java is needed), you can follow the steps of "IV) Drizzle: The Path Of The Shell" in the following url:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426738#p426738

Note: Replace "C:\Uru" by your game folder address, maybe something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru Ages Beyond Myst\".

No-CD patch:
Code:
- If it isn't already done, create an avatar for the game first; no need to play, just enter his name and gender, and quit the launcher.

- Copy the following files in the game folder, by replacing the existing files (do a backup before):
   - SoundDecompress.exe
   - UruExplorer.exe
   - UruSetup.exe
   - sp.dll

- Copy the "dummyages" folder in the "dat" folder of the game folder.

- Right clic on the "SoundDecompress.exe" file, choose properties, check the "Run this program as compatibility mode for" case, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", check the "Run as administrator" case.

- Run the "SoundDecompress.exe" file.

- When the sound decompression ends, right clic on the game shortcut, choose properties, check the "Run this program as compatibility mode for" case, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)", check the "Run as administrator" case.

- Try to play.

Tell me what you don't understand, Hevy.

On a side note, if you don't say "I don't understand", I can't know that you don't understand...
I'm ok to try to help, but if you don't try too, I can't ; I'm not next your computer to do the things by myself. :wink:

Copy the following files in the game folder, by replacing the existing files (do a backup before):
- SoundDecompress.exe
- UruExplorer.exe
- UruSetup.exe
- sp.dll

This has me a little confused.

And the drizzle window.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

HEVY wrote:
Copy the following files in the game folder, by replacing the existing files (do a backup before):
- SoundDecompress.exe
- UruExplorer.exe
- UruSetup.exe
- sp.dll

This has me a little confused.

OK.
In the "uru_cc-no_cd-drizzle31.zip" you downloaded on my website, you have a "The Path Of The Shell - NoCD patch" folder.
In that folder, are the following files:
- SoundDecompress.exe
- UruExplorer.exe
- UruSetup.exe
- sp.dll
- Read me.txt
- and the "dummyages" folder.
Select those files but "Read me.txt" and the "dummyages" folder, and copy them inside your game's installation folder (maybe something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru Ages Beyond Myst").
If there's a message asking if you want to replace the existing files, select "Yes".
Select the "dummyages" folder and copy it inside the "dat" folder of your game's installation folder (maybe something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru Ages Beyond Myst\dat").
In the next steps of the "Read me.txt" file, when I talk about "SoundDecompress.exe", I talk about the "SoundDecompress.exe" file that is in your game's installation folder.

HEVY wrote:
And the drizzle window.

Can you please, explain a little more what is confusing you in the Drizzle window, please? :arrow: Have you take a look at the steps of "IV) Drizzle: The Path Of The Shell" in the following url: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426738#p426738?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:27 pm 

Thank you so much! It worked, the only thing is the window is so small, it's up in the corner of my monitor, is that normal?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was pretty sure it have works, it's why I was insistant for you to try it! :D
Now, if the window is too small, it's (I think) because you didn't choosed the good settings when you launched the game.
Next time you launch the game, in the "Graphic" tab of the launcher, uncheck the "Windowed" case, select the screen resolution you wants, using the slider on the left of that case, and finaly, have fun! 8)
P.S.: Sorry for my bad english... :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:11 pm 

TCB The Scar wrote:
I was pretty sure it have works, it's why I was insistant for you to try it! :D
Now, if the window is too small, it's (I think) because you didn't choosed the good settings when you launched the game.
Next time you launch the game, in the "Graphic" tab of the launcher, uncheck the "Windowed" case, select the screen resolution you wants, using the slider on the left of that case, and finaly, have fun! 8)
P.S.: Sorry for my bad english... :P

Thank you again! You're English is fine :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 am 
Obduction Backer

HEVY wrote:
Thank you again!

You're welcome :)