It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
Artic_Wagon wrote:
How to Show File Extensions in Windows 8.
Tutorial:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/show-file-extensions

P.S. Edit:
a) "show hidden files,folderd,and drive" means (to put a "dot" in the box)
b) to "off" extension===> in this other case mean "remove the the box checked mark"


I got it, used it, still can't play :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
TCB The Scar wrote:
HEVY wrote:
I've tried those steps before, and I have now installed all the above. The options for compatibility is Win 95, Win 98/Win Me, Win Vista, and SP 1 &2, Win 7, Win XP 2, Win XP 3. I've tried them all. At this point I don't think it will work. Than you to all who have made suggestions.

Sorry, I was spoken about all the options in the compatibility tab, not only the "compatibility mode list"...
There's no other options like "less color mode", or "run with a 640 x 480 screen resolution" or "replace something_in_english PPP" or "disable full screen optimizations" etc?

PS: if you don't find any "Explorer.exe" in the game folder, maybe your antivirus deleted it...
Have you checked in your antivirus program that the game's "Explorer.exe" was allowed to run?


I found the Explorer.exe, I had to show hidden files. Those option mentioned above, they are in the compatibility tab, I tried one where it made the window smaller but everything in it bigger, it didn't work, and was hard to get out of because the buttons to close it was covered. It's just the strangest thing, it just goes away, no errors, no loading.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 291
Location: France
The last ideas that comes to me are:
- Trying to install the NoCD patch.
- Or, and better, trying to use Drizzle31.

Both did works for me in the past... But I was on Windows 7 or 10, I don't really remember.

A link from this forum: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426733#p426733

Edit: If you don't find any link to download the NoCD patch for "The Path Of The Shell" (it's the same than for "Complete Chronicles") or Drizzle31, I can send them to you; just tell me your e-mail adress by private message, with the name of the one you want me to send you (if no name, I'll send you both).

_________________
Image TheScar.fr (In French or English.)
For some maps to find the Minkata Kivas, take a look at this folder of my Cloud*.
Also, feel free to use any idea from this folder* for MO:UL (currently 1 idea).
*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.


Last edited by TheScar(.fr) on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:00 pm
Posts: 4091
Have you tested with other screen resolutions ?

Control panel: display tab / left side menu / adjust resolution

Mine is set at 1280X960
Orientation: Landscape


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 291
Location: France
PM received, e-mail sent. :)

I hope it will work for you, Hevy.

_________________
Image TheScar.fr (In French or English.)
For some maps to find the Minkata Kivas, take a look at this folder of my Cloud*.
Also, feel free to use any idea from this folder* for MO:UL (currently 1 idea).
*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:36 am
Posts: 314
Location: Outer Space
Throwing in my 2ct when it comes to run outdated games under Windows:

Try to start the game and open the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc)
If you find a process (not task) called rundll32 (or something) there is a good chance that the game you tried to open still tries to start. Kill that game process and then try again to start the game. For me it often does the trick (under Win7). The rundll32 process however doesn't stop by itself - using a lot CPU time - but getting into the task manager again, you can eleminate that process without stopping the game.
Hope this helps.

_________________
Equal amongst others in the Guild of Sleepers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
TCB The Scar wrote:
PM received, e-mail sent. :)

I hope it will work for you, Hevy.


Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
cpt-jericho wrote:
Throwing in my 2ct when it comes to run outdated games under Windows:

Try to start the game and open the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc)
If you find a process (not task) called rundll32 (or something) there is a good chance that the game you tried to open still tries to start. Kill that game process and then try again to start the game. For me it often does the trick (under Win7). The rundll32 process however doesn't stop by itself - using a lot CPU time - but getting into the task manager again, you can eleminate that process without stopping the game.
Hope this helps.


Thanks, will try that


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
Artic_Wagon wrote:
Have you tested with other screen resolutions ?

Control panel: display tab / left side menu / adjust resolution

Mine is set at 1280X960
Orientation: Landscape


Just the default and another one that was suggested, I'll try this, thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 291
Location: France
Does it means that both using the "NoCD patch" or "Drizzle31" didn't work? :?
I'm out of ideas.

_________________
Image TheScar.fr (In French or English.)
For some maps to find the Minkata Kivas, take a look at this folder of my Cloud*.
Also, feel free to use any idea from this folder* for MO:UL (currently 1 idea).
*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
TCB The Scar wrote:
Does it means that both using the "NoCD patch" or "Drizzle31" didn't work? :?
I'm out of ideas.

I don't really know how to actually use those


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 291
Location: France
In the ZIP I sent you, there are "Read me.txt" files...
- One in the "uru_cc-no_cd-drizzle31" folder, for Drizzle31.
- One in the "The Path Of The Shell - NoCD patch" folder of the "uru_cc-no_cd-drizzle31" folder, for the NoCD patch.

_________________
Image TheScar.fr (In French or English.)
For some maps to find the Minkata Kivas, take a look at this folder of my Cloud*.
Also, feel free to use any idea from this folder* for MO:UL (currently 1 idea).
*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.


Last edited by TheScar(.fr) on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:00 pm
Posts: 4091
Quote:
HEVY

windows 8.1 / Control Panel / Admistrative Tools / Computer Management / device manager / display adapter / intel hd graphics 4000 / right click "Properties" / what driver number is shown ?

I believe that the latest could be Driver # 15.33

edit:
Btw, do you know a computer savvy person in your environnement that could trade is knowledge for a good meal ?
(show this thread to the person)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
Artic_Wagon wrote:
Quote:
HEVY

windows 8.1 / Control Panel / Admistrative Tools / Computer Management / device manager / display adapter / intel hd graphics 4000 / right click "Properties" / what driver number is shown ?

I believe that the latest could be Driver # 15.33

edit:
Btw, do you know a computer savvy person in your environnement that could trade is knowledge for a good meal ?
(show this thread to the person)


The version I have is 10.18.10.4276, that might be because I'm in Win 8, not 8.1. This LT will not update to Win 8, been trying for a long time, even back from factory settings. Only choice I have is to take it to the pc guy, I don't want to do that unless I really have to. I do it myself until I find a solution, or give up, I'm about to give up. Same with a lot of the moul stuff.

I do thank you all who have tried to help.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am
Posts: 66
TCB The Scar wrote:
In the ZIP I sent you, there are "Read me.txt" files...
- One in the "uru_cc-no_cd-drizzle31" folder, for Drizzle31.
- One in the "The Path Of The Shell - NoCD patch" folder of the "uru_cc-no_cd-drizzle31" folder, for the NoCD patch.
I'm sorry, i haven't received them. I'll send you another email


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron