It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:36 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

dinahS,

Thanks much for listening.

The ability to check Myst Online: Uru Live in Edit Game Details would solve my problem. However, it would solve the general complaint, and your own concerns, if you keep the IM/MMO checkboxes grouped, but decouple them such that the MMO default follows the check/uncheck event on the IM checkbox control, but also allows independent (not grayed) use of the MMO checkbox regardless of the IM checkbox value.

While I have your ear, I might as well put in a plug for many requests I've seen to allow the audio mute setting to stick between sessions. The sudden audio upon logon can be jarring. We here un Uruvia often play late at night. In a house where the computers are in a central place and the kids can leave the speakers up, the sudden volume can be alarming or wake sleeping people. If we want audio off, it should stay off.

For the same reason, it would be great if we could set the TV to default to off at logon. You should find that a great number of Uru Live players do not fit into the demographic which enjoys all the noise when we first step in your door. The TVs here in our home do the same thing - they stay off when you turn them off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:40 pm 

Quote:
allow the audio mute setting to stick between sessions

Agree, agree, agree. And in fact, I just increased the priority of the defect to remember audio settings from session to session (on a local machine, not server side). I can't tell you when it will be fixed, but rest assured it's on the docket.

As for the opting out of TV in GameTap Home, heard and understood. This is an issue that is bigger than interaction design, but it is being evaluated on an ongoing basis by the business. However, once we get the session to session audio fixed, the tv in home will be mute anyway - and that's most of the problem, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:30 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

dinahS wrote:
and that's most of the problem, right?

Yes, it is. We in Uruvia like persistence of state. ;)

In case there is some department, such as marketing or production budgeting, which is concerned about making sure we watch the TV from time to time, I do. I just like to do it when it's my choice.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:53 pm 

dinahS wrote:
Quote:
allow the audio mute setting to stick between sessions

Agree, agree, agree. And in fact, I just increased the priority of the defect to remember audio settings from session to session (on a local machine, not server side). I can't tell you when it will be fixed, but rest assured it's on the docket.

As for the opting out of TV in GameTap Home, heard and understood. This is an issue that is bigger than interaction design, but it is being evaluated on an ongoing basis by the business. However, once we get the session to session audio fixed, the tv in home will be mute anyway - and that's most of the problem, right?

If you work for GameTap, PM GreyDragon and get him to change your text color...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:56 pm 

Maratanos wrote:
If you work for GameTap, PM GreyDragon and get him to change your text color...

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... ght=#72341

Quote:
Yes, I'm one of the UX designers at GameTap. Visit our blog at http://angledwhiteboards.com. If anyone has GameTap questions, feel free to ask them there. I promise we're paying attention.

(Or something.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2