It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:29 pm 

I just want to congratulate Gametap for an extremely painless transition to paying customer status. I have just completed my transition flawlessly and logged on to Live. I would like to apologise for my previous posts and lack of faith. Put it down to stress.

Well done and thankyou Gametap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:51 pm 

yeah i getting the update sitting at 0 as well not going to anythink else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I appreciate you post GD and also all the hard work that going international entails. I would like just to say Thank You to all involved.

:D :D :D

TMP is the place to be, come visit The Meeting Place Hood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:30 pm 

chucker wrote:
It's just a mistake.

I also thought - and I didn't expect it to be true. But I really think it's a major bummer. Written material usually is binding - think of the looong disclamer we needed to accept for UL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:48 pm 

Hi all,

As many of you correctly guessed, the GameTap general service email that was sent to some international players was a mistake. We apologize for the confusion but at this time the GameTap service is only available in the United States and Canada. While international players in select countries can play Myst Online: Uru Live, they will not have access to the GameTap service as a whole until the full GameTap service is released in that individual country.

Thanks for your understanding,
Trent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh my .. must have been disappointing!

I sincerely hope it won't be long before GameTap can send you (and all our overseas friends) one of those welcomes for real! (got my fingers and toes crossed) ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:29 pm 

Thanks. I am mostly looking forward to playing Real Myst since it is hard to get fingers on in stores and on the net.

Anyway we'll live. We got the very most important thing didn't we :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am so happy to see the smooth transition for those countries that can get in.

I am so sorry for those of you who can not get in yet. I wish I could wave a magic wand and solve the problem. But, I do believe Cyan and Gametap is doing their best to get you in.

Maybe it would help if writing campaigns to who ever is in charge of letting you play games in the USA could happen in your particular areas by URU fans? Perhaps Cyan or Gametap could tell you who to petition for access? If your countries know you want to play maybe they will agree faster?

If there are several of you that is good because as the old saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." The more they know about numbers who want to play may be a good thing.

Perhaps its worth a try? Just a suggestion here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:09 am 

Monster threads considered harmful:
It's not a habit of mine to criticize moderation in public, but was it really necessary to merge all these threads with similar but different subjects into one, reducing legibility to about zero?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:39 am 
Obduction Backer

OK, I've searched a few threads but I can't find anything conclusive. I'm probably not looking in the right place.

Anyway, I was using what I thought was the Gametap interface by going thru the shortcut to URU on my desktop. I now know that I should have been going thru the Gametap icon THEN to URU from there. When I go thru Gametap now it wants me to create a new player. Question: Can I somehow use my old player so I can recover all my old progress?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12