It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Avatar emotes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:08 pm 

I ran into a player in the cavern yesterday who's mouth actually moved while speaking! I asked for the program name but she was also having some diffuculty with the sound, it was cutting in and out. Has anyone heard of this program?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:10 pm 

The way that works is that you simply press the TAB key. This transmits voice so if you speak, the others can hear you in the cavern. Rather cool, but it can get annoying, and can be hard to hear. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:37 pm 

Uru has a builtin voice chat system. You don't need an extra program to talk to other people.

Uru has also a large list of emotes like /wave, /cheer, /dance and even a Homer Simpson like /doh. My signature contains a link to a PDF doucment with a full list of emotes and other commands.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject: voice chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:50 pm 

Voice chat bugs me to no end! Nothing worse than walking along in peaceful harmony with the surroundings, listening to the sounds of the city, or whatever age you are in, only to be violated and startled by a scratchy voice chat! Then you have to turn off your volume, and with it, the sounds of Uru, and with that, ruins the experience. I wish it would be banned, or at least reserved for meetings in hoods, or private chats.
:evil:

Amber Horizons Hood

Post subject: Re: voice chat
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

sacred wrote:
Then you have to turn off your volume, and with it, the sounds of Uru, and with that, ruins the experience.

Ah, not true! Go to your wrench icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, and go to Audio Settings. There, turn the voice sliders all the way down, and then go back to resume Uru. That way you can still hear all the music and sounds, and no voice chat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Funnily enough, the best way to turn voicechat off is through a bug. Selecting your specific sound hardware via the slider will turn off voicechat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:35 am 

I can see your point Sacred and I'd say the main issue there is lotsa folks are totally clueless about their audio settings...ie: of course you are not gonna be able to hear my voice over the noise of the nearby waterfall whilst you have got your ambience/soundfx volumes maxed! And voice is gonna sound crappy if you haven't configured your mic and you've got your mic gain maxed out. Due to injury I can only type one-handed...so voice chat is a godsend for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]