It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm working on a new project, and I could use some help. I and r'Tayrtahn were (are?) the lecturers in an Uru Live event series called the Cavern Tours. We are planning to make a non-monitized YouTube video series using polished versions of our lecture notes as the scripts.

The problem I'm facing is that several of the characters mentioned in the games do not have avatars, were never portrayed by actors, and sometimes don't even have descriptions. Since I want illustrations of as much of the in-game "history" as possible, I'm looking for a Myst fan artist.

We wouldn't be able to pay anything -- we're doing this as a labor of love, and will not make any money ourselves.

Since the first episode is planned to be about Anna, we'd need illustrations of her life as a girl and as a young woman living in the Lodge, her life with Gehn and Atrus in the Cleft, and so on. The same goes for other characters like John Loftin and Elias Zandi, who don't have any descriptions.

To give you a hint about what has been put into this so far, I have received authorization from Cyan Worlds to use everything but the music from the entirety of the Myst game series as resources for the videos. My goal is to produce as definitive a video reference about the Myst games as I can, with an emphasis on how they relate to Uru. I'm permitted to use concept art, video clips, audio clips, game textures, screen captures, and recorded game play.

All I can offer the artist is full credit in the title sequence, listing their Deviant Art page and / or personal web page. If nothing else, that should provide few more visitors to whom the artist can advertise his or her own projects.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Like a Spoiler Filled RAW wiki experience with all the undeveloped story concept art etc?

Like the Hectors and their wierd life death cycle that never got into a game?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you've never been on one of the tours, there's not much I can say to explain it properly. Those who have been on the tours would have a pretty good idea the potential of the project.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni