It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Guild of Actors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:53 pm 

I'm not sure if this has been thought of, I know a play has been suggested. What I propose is a guild of actors, where we write and perform plays, skits, ect.
Any takers on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Sure...

I don't know about a guild (I'm not a big fan of them) but certainly a troupe or two or three. The Cavern Players over at CCN has been around for a few years, and we actually have some things getting ready for production. You are welcome to join us, or come and talk about something you'd like a group to get involved with.

The other thing to do is write something and then invite people to play parts. I and several other explorers are part of something now. You can see more about this on our forum. CCN Central Forum

You can see some of the things we are working on, too. CCN Website (the actual website) ;)

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:02 am 

I didn't know about the CCN, and I'll be checking it out. Thanks alot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 am 

just to bad they only release in mp4 .. it crashes almost all the time on my pc... quicktime is so buggy i hate it...

but cool that there is some video podcasts out there too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't want to make this thread about video, but I think I have a possible solution for you, Yoummy.

In truth, the mp4 format is fairly new for CCN to use, and only because (I understand) the podcatchers require it. I don't know a lot about those quite yet. We have always offered high quality video in wmv format, and the programs are more frequently offered in flv for streaming. Yes, each format has its bugs -- let me tell you, learning how to produce a program and render it in all these formats is taking its tole on the number of hairs in my head! :roll:

But, we press on... And, I guess, it is the same situation whether a CavernCast or an actor's skit. It's not so good to have done all this work and gone bald if the program can't be watched...

If you can play a wmv file, try this link: CCN Cavern Cast: A New Light It's a little larger than the mp4 at 100MB, but it's a high quality video. Try downloading it and see if you can watch it.

Try this link, too, and see if you can get the playlist and the titles to play. MOUL Episodes Soundstage

We are slowly adding download links on the pages that play the streaming files, too, because some people can't get that to work either. It's helpful if they can just download it from the page they are already on. That is just a matter of time and resources.

One way or the other, we'll get something to you that you can watch. :lol:

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299