It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:25 pm 

From the DRC forums:

Professor Clarke wrote:
Hello!

First off, I'm going to be helping Ava out filling in Vincent's old duties. I'm sure fewer people will be maimed in the process :lol:

I wanted a gauge some explorer interest to see if some of the pieces we have found should be fast-tracked or not. Please post here or PM me and let me know which of these ones you'd like to see more of..

2d art: We've found several tapestries and stained glass pieces, paintings and even some interesting stone lithography. But we've seen a sort of "flooding of the market". Pretty much all the DRC projects have been in this vein and we're unsure if anyone really cares about this sort of thing anymore.

3d art: We've found repositories of sculptures, decorative vases, jewlery, etc. As well as more everyday items (ink-bottles, bookends, we're even considering releasing some of the lamps from the museum for restoration). These require more skill to restore than simply fixing cracks in a stained glass and blowing the dust off, so we're worried the level of work needed will scare people off.

Music: In practically all of the rooms (particularly the themed ones) we've found scores of music. Some are simply ambiance for the room as a way to make guests more immersed in the other culture, but others are quite beautiful pieces inspired by visits to other Ages. Like with the previous item, we're worried the level of work of setting the music together again would prove too daunting for anyone to consider.

Texts: Texts are a big thing. There's one room where the artist just had pages attached to the wall. Another where a long sheet of paper was strewn around the room. Artistic types.. :roll: Anyhow, the problem we see is that text restoration is sort of a minor thing. You don't get to work on a beautiful piece of art, you have to slog through a bunch of dried-up pieces of paper. We're worried that the dull-ness of the activity might keep people away from them.

Anyhow, thanks for reading. Hope there are still some people after being Kingsley's cannon fodder! :lol: