It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:00 pm 

You know, I enjoy the simple pleasure of thought. Just being able to sit and quietly think is truly amazing. Rarely, do I commit these thoughts to paper any more- I just revel in them- letting them ebb and flow, running circles through my life. Sometimes they call me to action and yet others linger, convincing me to quietly embrace them and keep them, only, as my very own.

Sometimes they come floating in from some unknown place and perch, in my mind, until they get tired of waiting and simply flit away. At other times they come charging in from all directions causing such a cacophony of sounds that it is hard to distinguish one from another.

And on special occasions, when one really catches my attention, I carefully examine it. Look at all it's sides. Gently open it up and gingerly take it apart. Turn it inside out and upside down, trying to see how it works or if it may have been better formed. Always looking to see where some well designed elements may be used within another. Then, I try to skillfully, reassemble it and keep it close, revisiting it from time to time.

Occasionally, when I find one that may be helpful to someone else- I share those thoughts. Sometimes they are not a welcome gift, but other times they are cherished and even come to flourish among many others- only to be shared over and over, until many have the same thoughts. And then they too, can take them apart and examine them, looking for the well designed parts to incorporate within their very own.

Ahhh, but best of all, sometimes they are returned. Brought back to the place they emerged from inside of me- even if only to be examined again. And if they are returned- there may have been something special inside, of that particular thought, in order for it to make the journey- and close it's own circle by returning home.

"Always consider the Whole, Atrus. Always look at the interrelatedness of things and remember the 'whole' of one thing is always just a part of something else, something larger." wisely spoken by Anna- "The Book of Atrus"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]