It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Archiver..Issue 9
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Archiver brings you Issue 9. Along with an interesting editorial by Narym, a recap of

episode 8 "Deception" on MO:UL, a TownHall meeting with the intriguing J.D. Barnes, a great

backstory on Dr. Watson, Cavern Couture, a KI Toon from Thend, pix of the Golden KI

winners, The Bulletins on what's happpening and...something new from The Archiver...the

Prelude to an serial story.

You can find it all here:

CLICK FOR DOWNLOAD

We sincerely hope you enjoy this issue!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:47 pm 

im not getting it.....again...

_Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:48 am 

So, I assume you're getting the file, but you just can't open it?

I would say either update Acrobat Reader, or try downloading the pdf again. You seemed to fix it last time :D. Try doing either the first, or both of the above things again, the post back and tell us whether you were successful.

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:38 am 

Have you tried an alternative PDF reader like Foxit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:43 am 

it came up when i started the computer up again tonight, odd...

Its odd...

_Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:58 am 

My diagnosis.... Your computer is possessed :D

Solution: Backup everything, and reformat, to purge the evil demons from the system. :P

BTW, does you computer have any other oddities as well?

And I hope you enjoyed the issue ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:08 am 

well...the key board stops typing in a typeing window, every now and then, and if i hit a certain key it does a peticular function, it hapend once durring uru, i hit the "F" key and it did a F1!thats right! it switched from first to third person! so yeah, it does do some odd things, as for possesed, I KNEW DIGIMON WERE REAL!!!YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D and i did like it!

_Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:56 am 

Okey well, I don't know whether I have permission to do this (forum rules etc.) but I advise you to scan your computer with the f-secure online scanner: http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/olsbeta.shtml (it's a bèta but it rocks and I often use it when I go fixing other people their computers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:44 am 

Oh, and also

Please, please, PLEASE!!! Feel free to send in e-mails, anyone who reads this. To satisfy our fragile egos, of course :P

No seriously, we really want to have some community input into this thing. We would like to know what you liked, didn't like, what you want to see more of, etc. Even just a short shoutout or "Hi!" would be welcome.

Any feedback at all can go to archiver[at]thecaverntoday[dot]org.

Oh, and we're also looking for people who own a Mac, and also have some experience with Apple Pages (either from iWork 06 or '08 ) to join as part of the assembly team. However, if you have the tools, but not the knowledge, we have a core of experienced assemblers who'd be more than willing to give you a leg up. Any expressions of interest can also go to the above address

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 pm 

The Archiver gets better with every issue. Thanks and keep up the good work. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:14 pm 

First I want to say I enjoy the Archiver very much and always look forward to next issue. So when there was an opportunity to for artist I was more than glad to help. There was a need for illustrators for the Pursuit into Majesty article, as well as a need for cover art. I submitted several ideas and was told that my piece would be used for the cover however there were changes to be made. Many many many changes which I was more than happy to do. When everything was completed I submitted the final piece and was told again it will be used and everyone loved it. Now I see that it wasn't used! I think the illustrated drawings Bpgisme submitted are wonderful and the the illustrated cover art work very well with the article, I wish I wasn't lead to believe my piece was going to be used because frankly... it was a big waste of my time. In the future when working with artists it is best not to tell them that you are going to use their work until you are ready to go to print. At that time is when you can ask the artist to make fine detail changes. I understand something better may come along which it did..I really do like the sketches. Sorry for the rant..but I take my craft seriously. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great issue, good work.

But... where's the Jalak feature?

KI#01165421
Hey! Visit The Jalak Registry, the source for all things Jalak. Yes, it's still open!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:32 am 

Atheni, don't worry, we're still going to use your artwork. We just thought we'd start low key, but we will use your artwork, possibly as an issue cover. I apologise for not advising you of this earlier. :( I haven't had a lot of time recently to do anything.

And TNR, I think Stella was intending to do an article for it, but it never eventuated .I'll ask him about it, but I'm sure there'll be one in the next issue :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 am 

Quote:
Atheni, don't worry, we're still going to use your artwork. We just thought we'd start low key, but we will use your artwork, possibly as an issue cover

oh... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:34 am 

If you want, feel free to carry this on with me in pm :)

And again, I'm SOO sorry I didn't inform you of this. I feel really bad about it. :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next