It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Norfren, thank you so much. This is wonderful.

That said, where the heek is the second crystal, the one that's not in the room? I've been through the maze four times searching for the thing, firemarble in hand.

Katreeny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

The second crystal is on the green table with the yellow buttons.
That place is found beyond the maze.

belford wrote:
Okay, I'm missing it...

There is a hint in Norfren's comment to your review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:28 am 

:( OOC: Okay now I am thoroughly lost in the maze...and what has me confused is when you exit a side tunnel which direction do you face?

StarCat79

KI#01686230 (MOUL)
KI#02980834 (MO:ULa)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:56 am 
Obduction Backer

StarCat79 wrote:
:( OOC: Okay now I am thoroughly lost in the maze...and what has me confused is when you exit a side tunnel which direction do you face?

StarCat79

Yeah, I have the same problem. If all you did was face a closed gate, then you're facing the same direction you were before. Otherwise, if there's a system, I never did figure it out. I learned to go all the way to the end of the corridor, whatever direction I was facing when I came out. What I saw there would, at least, narrow it down. The side rooms narrowed it down further. This meant a lot of traipsing up and down and many wrong guesses. Fortunately, the maze is not very big. My biggest problem was not the maze but the fact that I kept missing whole areas because I didn't find some of the hot spots. Altogether, fun and Myst-like, and I hope Norfren does more of this! :D

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:41 am 

I'm still LOOOOST!

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:44 am 
Obduction Backer

:arrow: It is quite easy to identify the tunnels and directions if you note the ends of the corridors, they are different: wall, window, open or closed door. Put them down on a piece of paper.

Last edited by Norfren on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:56 pm 

Well, I've squelched around the place looking for someone with a towel (those ARE my soggy footprints everywhere :P ),
I ended up with a relto book, a lightstone and a green crystal, and found my way to the beach and strange rings.

Now what?

Oh I found a green table and a linking book with a swirly pattern that I immediatle clicked on (oh you adventurous
soul, you :P ), and just as immediately didn't link anywhere - perhaps I shorted it out when I put my soggy mitts on it :shock: - sneaks away quickly and hopes no-one notices)

This is fun! :D

She's quite, quite mad, you know (sadly shaking head)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

I seem to have brought this firemarble home with me....Maybe there's something I overlooked and I need to go back? :)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

sarabonny wrote:
Oh I found a green table and a linking book with a swirly pattern that I immediatle clicked on (oh you adventurous
soul, you :P ), and just as immediately didn't link anywhere - perhaps I shorted it out when I put my soggy mitts on it :shock: - sneaks away quickly and hopes no-one notices)

This is fun! :D

I hope there's a way to reactivate that book! I was dry when I touched it, so I don't think your soggy paws broke it. :D The picture in the linking book looks like swirly smoke, which is I think what the Riven book looked like at the beginning of Myst III. So, either the age in that book has been destroyed, or we need some way to fix it (maybe bring it along to the crystal "rejuvinator" that fixed our Relto book).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 pm 

ok i cant find any green tables just a green room with a brown table ive been past the maze and all ive found is a coliseum that has those colored disks where is the second crystal thats not in the green room on the table??? where is the green table with buttons everyone is talking about??? a map would sortive help i found a pedistol with a swirly book on it but thats it neer the end of the maze

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:28 pm 

*sits down in the "maze of twisty corridors, all alike" and wonders if XYZZY might help.*

I tend to lose patience in mazes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

HolmeBrian wrote:
ok i cant find any green tables just a green room with a brown table ive been past the maze and all ive found is a coliseum that has those colored disks where is the second crystal thats not in the green room on the table??? where is the green table with buttons everyone is talking about??? a map would sortive help i found a pedistol with a swirly book on it but thats it neer the end of the maze

If you found the coliseum, you are close to the second crystal. Head back toward the tunnels, but veer to the right before you enter them.

Re: Green Table...
I feel like there is a puzzle there, but the most I got from it was a yellow beam of light from one column in the plaza to someplace in the distance. Did anyone manage anything more?

Norfren, this has been a great experience. Thank you!

David Tierce
(a previously silent member of this expedition)

This post inspected by: Maintainer #165
MOULa-Ki: 15763576
GEHN-Ki: 00022090
DI-Ki: 00145074

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I know it goes against everyone's Myst-y pride, but if you get lost in the maze, there's always the spoiler map provided at
http://web.interware.hu/frenzy/myages/myage47aa.htm

There's good stuff to be found in that maze, so check all the rooms!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

dtierce wrote:
Re: Green Table...
I feel like there is a puzzle there, but the most I got from it was a yellow beam of light from one column in the plaza to someplace in the distance. Did anyone manage anything more?

Nope. Same here. I got all excited when I saw the beam, but couldn't get anything else to happen.

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:34 am 

Can I get a hint on what to do next when I reach the Colosium? I have both my crystals and my firemarble....HELP!? please?

StarCat79

KI#01686230 (MOUL)
KI#02980834 (MO:ULa)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next