It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:49 pm 

I'm doing a report on the D'ni civilization for school and I need some Ideas for which pictures to use for each slide.

Here are the pages I made, and any Pics I already have
Title page (A shot of Kerath's arch from the library area) (done)
Linking books (Phil's bookshelf) (done)
Lining Books vs descriptive books
Exodus of the D'ni
The City (that big mountain shaped thingy in the middle of the courtyard near tokatah alley)
The Fall (the pub off the great staircase, or a side view of the library)
After the fall
Charastics of the D'ni as a race
Religion (the Watcher symbol that appears on that ball in the watcher's sanctuary)
Governemnt
Guilds
Guild of maintainers (the training center in gahreesan) (done)
Books (how they are the book centric society)(A nexus terminal, or maybe a bevin book room) (I have the one from near the library, but i might replace it)
Number system
Timekeeping (a pic of a D'ni watch that I found somewhere. I don't think it's "official" but it looks nifty so...*shrug*) (done)
Holidays and Games (an ayoheek table) (If i can get a shot of Jalak that looks good as a background I might use that)

This report is basically going to cover the Society of D'ni from when they entered the cavern (and a tiny bit before) to when Atrus wrote Releeshan. I'm not going to cover the restoration or even mention the Bahro

I'm asking for opinions on what I should put as the background of the Slides, so any areas you suggest to photograph should be either dark enough that I can use white text, or light enough to use black.
I'm more than open to suggestions about the report itself.

Take 2 posts/day until sanity shatters. Side affects may include; sarcasm, disbelief, shock, inspiration, boredom, or rage. Do not read if you have chronic stupidity, lower than 100 IQ, or are allergic to logic. Consult your subconscious before use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Some ideas:

Quote:
Lining Books vs descriptive books

I believe the only Descriptive Books we see that are explicitly labeled as such are the Riven book, and the Rahleeshan book. So maybe show side-by-side pictures of one of those with a regular linking book would work, as the sheer size difference should be evident.

Quote:
Charastics of the D'ni as a race

There's a photo of Aitrus (Gehn's father) in Riven. That might help.

Quote:
Number system

There are a bunch of appearances of this, in Riven especially. Gehn's clock has the numbers on it. Or the D'ni clock in Uru.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]