It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Expedition in Gahreesen
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:57 pm 

So I have daringly climbed down and done some exploring in the surrounding forests.. Well beyond the towers.. I set up a camp by the river last night. The nights.. my god I've never been so terrified.

Taking a group to spend one more night there tonight. I do not recommend spending a night out there alone. I'm with a group and we are all armed.

Pictures to come.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:08 pm 

I can't wait to see what's out there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:54 pm 

I want to go with you . There is a beast in the forest and I believe it is huge. Is it a gentle giant ,or a vicious monster? I really don't care I just want to see it with my own eyes.
Do you need helping hands with this expedition? KI # is 03256103

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:48 pm 

OK, so I just got back.. what an adventure this turned out to be.. Got a few pics of some kind of ruins off in the woods.. Scary nights. Didn't get any shots of the creatures they're too fast and we learned the first night not to make a fire.. it draws them right to you.

Still resting for a bit, I'll post the pictures and document the expedition later today.

edit:

This whole thing began years ago after I first read Simpsons report.. particularly the portions about the creatures in the woods. Myself and a small group of people set out to explore those woods and hopefully catch a glipse of those creatures mentioned.. boy did we.

They're much too fast to get a picture of but.. I'm getting ahead of myself.

So I fastened a rope to the edge of the rock and climbed down to try and get a good swing so I could land on the shoreline. The Maker chose that moment to break my KI strap and it fell into the water below.. Discovery number 1: The "water" immediately surrounding the towers is highly corrosive. More security I guess.. Do not go swimming there whatever you do..

After considerable effort I managed to get the rope to a tree over the shoreline and my companions slid down the rope to safety.. or so we thought. After hiking several hours downstream and taking several snapshots of the immediate forest, we set up a small base-camp by the river opposite the waterfall, I decided to follow the current and avoid climbing a rockface near an acidic torrent cascading dangerously downward..

Just seconds after getting camp all set up night fell. And I do mean fell.. it took less then 30 seconds for it to go from bright day to pitch black. No moon.. no stars.. black night so dark you cant see a hand in front of your face. It became deadly quiet, the only sound was our breathing. I decided a fire would be a good idea. I was wrong.

Just minutes after the fire had been lit we heard them.. heavy footsteps and nightmarishly loud growls.. they were coming closer and they were moving fast. There was no point putting the fire out, they had already seen us.

I snapped a few pics with my camera but the pictures were far too dark to turn out and I dare not turn the flash on. As fast as possible we unstaked the tents, picked them up, and moved away from the fire; deeper into the woods we went. You could hear them snarling and lumbering along through the space we had occupied just minutes before. Needless to say it was a sleepless night. More to come.

Fear is the mind-killer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]