It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: fractalMYST
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 am 

This thread deviates from my eariler fractal pieces I've posted on Jamey's 'Uru's True Beauty' thread as instead of creating new Uru fractal pieces, with my recent acquisition of realMYST I've been visiting the old ages and have done the same thing there.

So I'd like to present to you all the fractalMYST gallery thread, posting fractals images using realMYST ages and images :D I'll show off the first seven pictures, one for each of the visitable ages. Each of the titles are referances to songs that remind me of the ages;

[spoiler= Empire Ants]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Zoolook]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Oxygene Pt. 4]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Industrial Revolution Pt. 3]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Formations]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Oxygene Pt. 6]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler= North Pole Transmission]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I find "Formations" particularly fascinating, but all of them make for a very interesting project! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Formations is interesting... especially since the first two things that enter my mind when I see it are Cyan and the fissure.

North Pole Transmission is interesting as well. I wonder what that would look like with the electricity and the aura.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:08 am 

I have enjoyed playing Uru for a while now, but was surprised to find when a friend of mine saw playing it in s3d and didnt know anything about it. After setting him up to play in s3d, he's been ecstatic. As such, I figured I would post a couple of pics in s3d, so you all could get a glimpse of how I play Uru all the time.

(NOTE: you will need 3d glasses to view the pics properly)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 am 

tanshin wrote:
Formations is interesting... especially since the first two things that enter my mind when I see it are Cyan and the fissure.

North Pole Transmission is interesting as well. I wonder what that would look like with the electricity and the aura.

It's interesting you talk about the fractals used in the Selenitic piece; I chose them with good reason, the cresent moon is to depict the general shape of the land, albeit it's more a sickle than a cresent, and the shape in the middle you'll actually see in every one of the major pieces here - it's the shape I used fo the Myst fractal. I did that deliberately to tie each of the ages together as the network of ages.

As for extra Rime pieces, I'm very interested in doing the aurora shots, I took four seperate shots of the three colours and the conductors by themselves so I plan to make something out of them too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey, chris, yesterday somebody posted some links to 3D fractals in the Mystmovie
comments area and I found this just stunningly awesome!!! I immediately thought of
you as you're so passionately experimenting with the magical beauty of fractal art...

Maybe you've seen this already, but I'd like to post those links here nonetheless...
I don't know if you can do something about this in relation to Uru though, but it is
however uplifting and inspiring to watch the stunning beauty of those artworks...
There around are also many infos and even apps mentioned to create such miracles
for yourself...

Have fun however... :D

First link...

A short YouTube video... there are many more on this page...