It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:50 pm 

Depending on what you enjoy doing, you may want to add masking to your GIMP skills.

Cyan simplified the video controls. There is not much we can do to change how our copy of the game renders. Other games go so geeky one can do almost anything with the rendered image quality. You just need a collage education in graphics settings. With Uru we have to handle enhancements in GIMP, Paint.Net, or Photoshop.

It looks like you learned how to control the overall image contrast and brightness. Your images have much more pop now. The next step is learning how to apply those corrections to selected parts of the image. I took one of your images to use as an example. I exaggerated things. It’s not a realistic image because of over adjustment. But, these adjustments allow one to high light things they are talking about or want people to notice. Artsy things can be done to make flying Bahro stand out or the sea to light up as I have done.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Orignal

Masking

Adjustments Applied

These types of adjustments are not necessary. When one is trying to show the game as it is, the adjustments can be misleading. But, if you are trying to show something or make a nice image they come in handy.

Your thinking on how things connect is great. You have brought up things that never occurred to me.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 pm 
I managed to find 10 bah'ro flying about the Arch. 3 to the left of the Arch, one in front of the arch on the left, one visible through the opening, on visible in front of the Arch above the opening, two to the right of the Arch, one on the right-hand edge of the picture, and one towards the bottom of the picture, on the right of the Arch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I couldn't resist. Here's a location in the City of D'ni that I seriously doubt anyone else will be able to find.

6 Brownie points to anyone who can translate what the sign says.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

For those of you who are as linguistically challenged in D'ni as I am, here's what it says:
[spoiler]"McDonald's 10,000,000,000 Served" (Although the word is "kotahg", which literally means "given").[/spoiler]

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Last edited by larryf58 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:28 pm 
Lol. Now someone will move in and start up McDonald's down there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 pm 

DLordofTime wrote:
Lol. Now someone will move in and start up McDonald's down there...

Well, the DRC could use new funding...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

There goes the neighborhood :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just noticed that there is a size cap on the pictures I'm posting here. They are hosted on Photobucket, if you'd like to see the full-sized ones:

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/lwf58/

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

C.J.Herekeless wrote:
Well, the DRC could use new funding...

OR at the very least a new burger name

Uru burger with a new name

It takes a while to order it through the drive thru...
Ga(hreesen)Te(ledahn)Ka(Dish)To(lesa)Ed(er)Gi(ra)Ed(er)Ke(mo)Ne(gilahn)De(reno)Pa(yiferen)
Te(tsonot)Ed(er)D(elin)Ed(er)T(sogahl)E(rcana)A(hnonay)M(inkata)J(alak)

Loosely spoken... Gate' Katoed Gied Ke Nedepa Teed Ded Team'j ...

I think it means 'Hey..I've been waiting for 6 years and now you are able to feed my team?

LOL have fun and remember to donate..

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

And what strip mall would be complete without one of these?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Last edited by larryf58 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:49 am 
Obduction Backer

larryf58 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Now that's a bit more classy at least. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:41 am 
Obduction Backer

The Museum:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

D’ni public buildings are not necessarily what the names given by the DRC or explorers might lead one to believe. Names like “the Museum” or the “Library” or the "Canyon Mall" give us certain expectations, when in reality the names were given just so people would have a common point of reference when talking about them.

The Museum is a tall building with a rooftop similar to that of Tokotah II building #1. Inside, there are two floors, the lower of which is inaccessible to explorers. There are wall and railing decorations that are the same as those found in the Library, which may indicate that both buildings served much the same purpose: holding public linking books with a common theme.

View from the roof of the Museum:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Museum main entrance door:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Along the walls surrounding a central opening that contains a lamp sculpture are ten linking book pedestals, five on each side. On the right hand side as you enter the building, four of the pedestals hold linking books to observation pods on a world that has been called Reziksehv, although this just means “the pod Age” in D’ni. Reziksehv is a ringed planet, about which a moon called Todelmer orbits. There are fourteen known pods. Thirteen are on the planet itself, and one is in orbit in the ring system. The orbital pod’s linking book may sometimes be found on the center pedestal if certain conditions are met, but normally that spot holds a Relto page which adds a sun and moons to Relto. There is a central Bahro pedestal on Todelmer that also allow one to reach the orbital observation pod if the right symbol is inscribed on it.

Central lamp sculpture:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Pedestals and wall design. You'll see all five Pod books in this shot:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

View of the design on the railings:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The lower floor of the Museum is almost the same as the upper floor, except that it does not have an exit on the building entrance side, since the stairs from the entrance to the upper level are there. It does have a door at the opposite end, identical to the door at the end of the upper level. I presume that there is a staircase on the other side of the door linking the levels.

The lower level:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Exit door on lower level:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

There were once four paintings on the walls of the upper level. Three of them remain. They are:

King Kerath:
Kerath was the last king of D’ni. After ascending to the throne, he made many changes which eventually culminated in the creation of a city council and his voluntary abdication in D’ni year 6977 DE. He was considered the most important king in D’ni history, and the Arch of Kings was renamed the Arch of Kerath to honor him.

King Kerath:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

King Ahlsendar:
Ahlsendar was the man who was called the Great King, since he seemed to fit the D’ni prophecy that a “great king” would come to Ae’gura on a boat under the Arch of Kings. It was said that when his mother fled the Pento invaders, he was born as she passed under the Arch while escaping. He later returned to confront the Pento, and passed under the Arch a second time. This seemed to fulfill the prophecy, so people began to call him the Great King.

On Ahlsendar’s orders, the D’ni healers created a plague that was intended to be used against Pento if another war broke out. It came to pass that the plague was released. However, not only was Pento devastated, but the plague turned out to be too virulent and it spread to other Ages and began to wipe out the D’ni as well. Ahlsendar announced his involvement in the creation of the plague, and gathered all of the books linking to the infected Ages. He then locked himself and the books in the Temple of the Great King, leaving the throne of D'ni to Solath. Six months later, Solath was officially crowned king. The Temple of the Great King was later renamed the Tomb of the Great King to honor Ahlsendar’s self-sacrifice.

King Ahlsendar:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Queen Lalen:
Lalen was the wife of King Hemelin and was instrumental in ending a plague. She met Hemelin when he fell ill from the plague and she was assigned to take care of him. He would later credit their blossoming love for his survival. Two years later, Lalen’s research lead to the location of lost Ages of the Healers’ Guild. This, in turn, led to the discovery of the Book of Birenni, which held a cure for the plague they were suffering. The Guild of Healers declared the plague eradicated on the same day Hemelin and Lalen were married.

Queen Lalen holding the Book of Birenni:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The Guild Hall:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

The Guild Hall is a complex of structures at the upper end of the Great Zero meridian strip that begins at the second landing of the Great Stair. From scattered records and illustrations left behind by the DRC, it seems fairly certain that the part we can see is the outer shell of a cavern. The real Guild Hall is a tower built inside the cavern on top of the Tomb of the Great King. The top of the real Guild Hall can be seen high above the windows of offices and Guild structures built into the cavern walls. The Baron’s Office used by Douglas Sharper is one of these. The Guild Hall capital is used as a symbol for the entire complex, as shown on the road signpost in Southerland Point.

The capital of the Guild Hall tower:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The signpost in Southerland Point:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Office and room windows on the outer shell:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The map in Tokotah Courtyard suggests that the Guild Hall and the surrounding buildings are reached through a walkway emerging from a tower above the Hall of Kings. The remains of the arch can be seen from near the Hall Of Kings and from the Concert Hall Bridge.

The broken arch from the Hall of Kings to the Guild Hall outer shell:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The Guild Council Chamber was begun during the reign of King Naygen, and was built directly over the Tomb of the Great King despite a half-hearted protest by the priesthood. In the reign of King Kerath, the Guild Hall tower was constructed, marking the transfer of power to the Guilds and the City Council.

During Atrus' restoration attempts, Master Tamon was in charge of excavating the Guild House. He uncovered the Tomb of the Great King, which turned out to be a huge chamber under the floor of the courtyard around the Guild Hall tower Using equipment run by Master Tergahn, they determined that there was space on the other side, a hallway filled with books written in a foreign script, and a second chamber with a linking book to Terahnee.

View of the Guild Hall complex from the roof of Tokotah 1:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Closeup of the balcony structure just below the Guild Hall capital:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

View from the end of the Great Zero meridian strip behind the veil:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

http://chiso.uruslasthope.com/ has a number of artist's sketches of the interior of the Guild Hall cavern. Whether these sketches have any accuracy at all is unknown to me. I am showing these sketches here without permission, and they will be removed if any objections are raised.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Last edited by larryf58 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:28 am 
Obduction Backer

larryf58 wrote:
'look up'

WOW!!!
This needs to be archived quickly...I'm impressed, and that is hard to do,,,Great job

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

The tattered remains of the banner draped off the palace balcony... I always wondered what that might have displayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

larryf58 wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Oh boy, I'm one step ahead of you (As far as restaurants go). Back to writing...

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is just to kick the topic back on the recent posts list. I've completed the Museum/ Guild Hall article by adding the pictures for the Guild Hall, and one shot I missed the first time around for the Museum -- a picture of the railing design.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next