It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am utterly enchanted! Yay for tiny Atrus!

I've shared it with some friends of mine who love the games but aren't into the fandom very much, and they're happily following along now too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 am 

She was also chosen to showcase her work in Artists' Alley at Comic Con this year:

Read al about it here: http://ayame-kenoshi.deviantart.com/art ... -310716072

CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER !!!! I am happy for you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:59 am 
Obduction Backer

MYSTRIVEN wrote:
She was also chosen to showcase her work in Artists' Alley at Comic Con this year:

That's a nice gig. Congrats!

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow!!! That's indeed a great leap forward ... Congratulations, dear Heather ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

MYSTRIVEN wrote:

Thanks MystRiven for sharing the love!! :hugs:

Yes, I'm very excited about it. If anyone is going, please come and find me! I'm going to be there all day THURSDAY. I'll have copies of the 70 page myst comic with me you can look at :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, I've read your comic and have shared it with friends. I've also been thinking of writing about it. Love your work. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

After a hiatus of over three months, Heather Larkin resumes her work on the next chapter of "The Book of Atrus" !

She says she'll be updating with a new page every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

Pick up reading from Page 94 or start from the beginning if you haven't been following her work; she really puts a lot of thought and care into everything she does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
After a hiatus of over three months, Heather Larkin resumes her work on the next chapter of "The Book of Atrus" !

She says she'll be updating with a new page every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

Pick up reading from Page 94 or start from the beginning if you haven't been following her work; she really puts a lot of thought and care into everything she does.

Thanks Emor! You're the best! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 am 
Obduction Backer

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

of course this would be on the day i DIDN'T check the page!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:02 pm 

I am in love with these drawings :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

(bump!)

For anyone that hasn't been following it, Heather Larkin has just completed her Chapter 5 of her graphic-novel treatment of "The Book Of Atrus".

Just to give an idea of how much care and attention she's dedicated to this project: in 128 pages averaging eight to 12 panels per page, she's now covered the first 66 pages of the original book.

She's also looking for some feedback from the MYST community regarding her eventual path toward publishing this project: http://mystcomic.smackjeeves.com/survey/#.UR5kVmcUkmw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey guys,

Almost exactly a year ago, I started posting the first pages of the Myst Comic. Today, I posted page 128, which marks the end of Chapter 5. It has taken a tremendous amount of time and effort. I'm very proud that I've made it this far. I couldn't have done it without all your supportive comments, likes, shares and tweets. :)

I am excited to announce that a new friend, Michaël, has taken the initiative to translate the comic into French! Myst: le livre d'Atrus! He's started posting the pages here: http://myst-livre-datrus.webcomics.fr/. The comic is now publicly available in three languages. The Russian translation, by Dagnarus, is still going strong here: http://a-comics.ru/comics/myst-book-of-atrus/. I'm so happy that so many people get a chance to read the story!

We've reached the end of Chapter 5. I'm pumped to start working on Chapter 6. Atrus and Gehn travel to D'ni! What will they encounter along the way? Is Gehn going to be angry-pants the whole time? I need to write and thumbnail the chapter before I can start producing and posting pages, which might take a few weeks (though hopefully not months, like last time).

In addition to working on Chapter 6, I'd like to work on a plan for publishing "Volume One: Chapters 1-5" of the Myst Comic in real-world, tactile, pulped-tree form. I am in contact with Cyan Worlds, Inc (copyright holders of the original Myst book) and we are working out the details about how to publish and sell the book. A portion of any profits will go to them.

At the moment, I'm exploring publishing options. What printer to use? Print on Demand? Take pre-orders, bulk order, and ship from my place with little goodies inside?

Many of you have recommended starting a Kickstarter campaign to produce the first batch and raise support for the project. I'm keen to give it a try, though, I understand running a campaign is not easy. One of the first things I'd have to do is make a budget and come up with a reasonable goal.

This is what I imagine a hypothetical Kickstarter campaign might look like: If I knew X number of people definitely wanted a book, and books were valued at $Y including shipping, then I could set the goal at minimum X times Y. I know Kickstarter is not just about purchasing products but more importantly about supporting projects you care about and getting unique prizes. For those willing to contribute less than a book price, there would be smaller prizes like a PDF of the whole book. For higher tiers, there would be other cool prizes. For example, two other talented Myst fans have said they would be willing to contribute prizes. More than anything, that last point makes me excited to do a Kickstarter campaign. How cool would that be? Creative Myst Fans Raise Money Together To Make Cool Things!

So the question for me is: how many people are interested in a copy of the Myst Comic: Volume 1? I've made a quick survey and if you fill it out, it would help me a lot with making a plan.

GO TO SURVEY: http://mystcomic.smackjeeves.com/survey

I said a lot of words. Thanks again for reading guys. I'll keep you posted about progress on Chapter 6 and publishing Volume 1.

Best,

Heather

Post subject: More translations!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Heather!

I had no idea there were translations of your work! I'm on it!!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

After about a 3-month hiatus for planning and layout, artist Heather Larkin is off and running on Volume Two, Chapter Six of her "Book Of Atrus" graphic novel treatment...she's adding two pages a week now, on Tuesdays and Thursdays..

Currently at 132 pages, many many hundreds of drawings, Heather's about 1/4 of the way into the original book. This is an epic undertaking, and she's really taking the time to properly honor the story:

mystcomic.smackjeeves.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Fantastic news! I can't wait to see Heather's visualization of D'ni. I'm sure she'll do a great job. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next