It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Two new articles have recently been published, one written by NoorMax, another by Ahlisendar, and both edited by Doobes and yours truly:Both articles were particularly long to edit, and time constraints meant they were sitting in our workflow for quite a while; we apologize for the delay, and hope you enjoy both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

A new article written by Max and mostly edited by Doobes is out now! It details the creation of the water polo and soccer games. Read it here: Game, Age and Match: Sports In The Cavern

We are currently looking for more article writers - if you have an idea for a column or for a one-shot article, remember to contact either Doobes or myself, either on our forums, by PM or on IRC.

Post subject: Re: The Cavern Post 2.0
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's been a while, but we finally managed to get a new article out: Luna plays... Dear Esther

It's our own fault this wasn't published earlier, as Luna had already written the whole article way back in October! Sorry Luna! :oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:17 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
It's our own fault this wasn't published earlier, as Luna had already written the whole article way back in October! Sorry Luna! :oops:

Eh, you have a valid excuse (university). I, on the other hand, was just bein' a lazy bones. ;)

Excellent article, Luna!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:39 pm 

*cough* Like some cabinet bookshelves in the Archive which need to be refinished. *cough*

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 pm 

Nev'yn wrote:
*cough* Like some cabinet bookshelves in the Archive which need to be refinished. *cough*

Ack! He's on to me!

/me Links back to continue restoration efforts :D

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Wonderful article, Luna. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:37 am 
Obduction Backer

The Overlord of the internet declares this article epic awesomeness.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Nice timing, as Dear Esther happens to be on discount at the Humble Store. I bought it but haven’t played much yet, so I’ll save reading Luna’s article for when I’m done. (So far I’m impressed by the scenery, puzzled about the story, and frustrated at being unable to climb on the hills.)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

ooh, so it is! Thanks, Christian :mrgreen:

Great review, Luna - my interest was also piqued by hearing Rand talking about Dear Esther recently - at the Doom/Myst event and at the GOG hangout last night (he said rather similar things about the game both times). I won't spoil it for Christian by saying whether he agreed with you!

At that Humble Bundle price (£1.99) I've decided it's worth a look for myself.

So as Christian says, you posted Luna's review at just the right time, Lyrositor and Doobes!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 am 

We have another wonderful game review written by Max over at The Cavern Post. Read about his thoughts on the game Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons!

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/mag ... e-two-sons

We are looking for more articles that review games that might be of interest to Myst/URU fans. You can send in your articles to The Cavern Post at our site (http://rel.to/gome). Click on the "Submit" button, then on "Article", and start writing! :)

Generally, we try to keep to family-friendly games as that is what Myst and URU are, but we will go on a case by case basis if the game is more mature.

We accept all serious articles, so let us know in detail about one of your favorite games that your fellow explorers in the cavern may like!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 am 
Obduction Backer

great review, thanks, Max :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Both reviews are absolutely awesome, every single one in its own way ... :P

'Dear Esther' is described more with reference to its controversial discussion about it, and it offers of course a very special and delicate experience, which everyone will experience/feel/go through and 'look at' in hindsight quite differently, whether one might consider it 'a real game' mechanically or otherwise or not, but this review still offers sufficient 'incentive' to anticipate something extraordinary, mysterious and unexpected as well as a work of art ... So, it seems to be quite a challenge even to review this little gem, which Luna has accomplished astoundingly well ... I've played it two years ago myself btw ...

'Brothers, A Tale of two Sons' by our Max is something else, though it seems to emotionally 'go' in a similar 'direction', but maybe with more hope for a so called 'Happy End' lol, whatever everyone might consider this to look like (for me the ending of 'Dear Esther' was nice and almost a relief :wink: ) ... This also seems to be an incredible great work of art, which is beautifully described and wonderfully illustrated as such ... There's lots of interaction, you're not alone and there's much nature to breathe in and mythical beings involved and just breathtaking beauty everywhere, so, a completely different experience ... We have here a wonderful extensive review by Max ... I didn't know this game before ...

Many thanks to you both and all who'll feel inspired to add some more awesomeness for us ... :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:11 pm 

We have not one but TWO new articles on The Cavern Post! The first is a background piece on the D'ni Musicological Research hood by Musica, while Afalstein has written a wonderful article about the game "Proteus".

"DMR Spells Music" by Musica - http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/mag ... ells-music

"Afalstein Reviews: Proteus" by Afalstein - http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/mag ... ws-proteus