It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 71  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll reserve judgment until I see some actual shots of the Age in game not rendered through Blender. How it looks in Blender and how it looks actually in Uru can be greatly different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 pm 

Tweek, I know it's important that this level make it to Uru... and I'll do that fairly soon.

But there are quite a few changes still to be made first. Not only am I not finished with the models/textures, I haven't even started making a simplified collision mesh.

Once I have this in a better condition, perhaps a month or two from now, I'll test it in Uru:CC... and if that works well, I'll send the age files over to Karkadann, and then hopefully he - or if he's too busy, someone else - will take a crack at integrating audio & links to Vothol Gallery and Tre'biv'dil.

I haven't had time to do much since the last post, unfortunately, except for continuing to work on the rug, fixing a geometry glitch on the inside of the stairwell, and creating a better texture for the ceiling. I know there are still plenty of other issues (tiling repetition in several textures being one example) and I'll deal with those various defects when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Very impressive! Great job, Matt! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 pm 

I like that new rug, I like it a lot! Also, is that a stained glass window I see?? Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm 

Well done images! I can't wait too see the real age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Now that's a Library!

Just a random thought here: what if the blue rug really is a pool - or rather, an aquarium, with a plexiglas (naraglass?) cover and some kind of aquatic life in it? I realize it'd be a lot of extra work, though.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:21 pm 
Well, Aquatic life can't be that hard to do... We have three Kemo fish in Eder Kemo, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm 

an aquarium might be better done separately and added later as a .prp file

Looking better and better Matt, as far as adding the linking books are concerned I might need some help, I'll see if I can dig out the python files, Im hoping their gonna be compatible with MOULa the only one's I have used are the UruCC pythons

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 pm 

I've always liked aquariums, but I'm inclined to set aside the aquarium concept as something that could be used in a separate age later on.

Don't get me wrong, it's a creative idea, but I get the feeling that the more gets tacked on to Sevkor, the longer it'll take to actually release the age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am 

Any news on Sevkor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:30 pm 

Still working on Sevkor.

I'm in the process of making a series of adjustments... and setting everything up for realtime use.

I will make an effort to test the age in Uru:CC by the end of the month.

Once that goes well, I'll be organizing and sending the content to Karkadann... we'll see how things go from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good to know things are still progressing. Thanks for the update Matt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:49 pm 

You're welcome, sideshow118.

I've got a collision mesh and baked lighting now... and am in early stages of trying to get some version of this into Uru:CC.

Running into a problem where PyPRP fails if any of the materials are mipmapped, and though I tried to register a sequence prefix for Sevkor (11001) I was told I 'didn't enter the name of the age' even though I quite clearly did.
:roll:

Also making other tweaks like shutting off shadbuf settings and trying to position the link-in point so that the player links in in the right place.

I am still running into issues with the mipmapping bug as there are a LOT of materials in the scene and whenever I think I've turned off mipmapping on all of them, I discover another I missed. :shock: :lol:

So yeah. I'll tell you when I have it running in Uru:CC.

And not long after I have it working... I'll post a video screen capture so you can see what it looks like in Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 am 

matthornb wrote:
Running into a problem where PyPRP fails if any of the materials are mipmapped, and though I tried to register a sequence prefix for Sevkor (11001) I was told I 'didn't enter the name of the age' even though I quite clearly did.
:roll:

have found this in my unsorted memos :
<< (You might want to avoid numbers in the 10000-29999 range, as they are sometimes dished out by ULM or UAM.)>>

possibly it helps :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Why are you turning mipmapping off? You should not do that except for in very special cases. If you turn it off for every texture you are going to very quickly exceed the realistic texture budget an Uru age should use. If mipmapping is not working, you should ensure that you have correctly followed the installation instructions. Paticularly the part about installing PIL.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 71  Next