It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 63  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I say Cave of Wonders, regardless of what might be on the pathway there. Cause a cave of wonders ought to be full of wonderful things, such as treasure or miracle potions or even large blue animated genies that sound like Robin Williams. Besides, the Bridge of Destiny crosses over the river of the dead, so one should help us avoid the other, amirite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 am 

:lol: you got my Aliden reference. Oddly enough these references are important AFTER you beat the game! So the cave of ,wonders then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:46 am 

Yes! To the Cave of Wonders!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:48 pm 

You go to the cave of wonders....

As you approach the Bridge Of Destiny you notice that the field turns into desert and the bridge is over a canyon with a river far bellow, the train heads over the bridge and ....

You feel a jolt and are knocked unconsis!

You wake up looking directly at the sun!

You can not feel your body AT ALL! You get up and notice YOUR... BODY... IS... LYING... DEAD... BESIDE... YOU :o --- {insert scream here}. Now please take whoever wrote the Hickerhickers Guide To The Galexy and DON'T PANIC!

It appears that you and the party are GHOSTS!

Nearby is the river, around you is the recked train, in the distance is what appears to be a pinball machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 pm 

AHHHHHHHHH... Hmm... This ain't good at all. My Relto book was supposed to make me immortal! :evil: So... can we fly? How fast can we go? Would it take us forever to float over to the pinball machine in the distance? Or maybe float up to the bridge and find out what went wrong?

I feel a strong desire to haunt whoever engineered that bridge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 pm 

You can fly and it is easy to get to the pinball machine but the bridge will take a little longer. You find it difficult to hold physical objects, so your inventory is empty(except for the coin which is now glowing and floating near Rhee). Also ghost can't link, so your need to find a way to bring yourself back to life.

Oddly you see no way to "pass on" too the next world, probably because your jurny is not over yet.EDIT: In other words the ending has not yet been written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

*cracks her ethereal knuckles*

It just so happens that I am EXCELLENT at pinball. I'll try to pick up the floaty glowy coin and see if I can rack up a high score on the pinball game. maybe that will help? if not, well, might as well try to do something more exciting that moaning about our lost lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm 

You approrch the pinball machine... it is a very fancy Heavin And fiery abyss machine with a flashing neon sign that is flashing "Continue?". You insert the coin... you see a flash of bright light and are back in your bodies on the train which is crossing the bridge.

The train heads over the bridge and .... you are inside the cave. Blue light is reflecting off the walls but the track is still being suspended above the ground. So was that real or was it a dream? I would say you decide but you no longer have the coin.

The track goes right ahead of you in the distance and uh-oh! there is a ramp up and then a large gap of missing track, you quickly pull the lever to stop the train JUST BEFORE THE GAP! There is ramp down on the other side of the gap.

What do you do, now?

Oh, I guess you get the steam achievement "fight destiny" for using that continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

let's look round the cave a bit to see if those chests of treasure or Robin Williams genies are anywhere to be seen?

We also have a third lever we've not tried yet - the blue rubbery one with the picture of the bridge. I reckon it'll give the train a coating of flubber so we can bounce across the gap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm 

Life is just one great game of pinball. We spend our lives bouncing thither and yon, but in the end we all must go down the drain. We just have to hope we have a coin for continue. :P

Yeah, the third lever sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm 

Acorn1 wrote:
We also have a third lever we've not tried yet

*** Oh, yah I forgot about that. ***

After you used the continue, the lever is now pulled forwards(before it was pushed back). However when you touch the lever you feel a weird feeling and are forced to let go off it. Jamie comments that if Cyan's interpretation of events in Myst and Riven where 100% accurate to what we see, then maybe the stranger could help us, after all he must have been [sci kick*] as he pushed buttons and pulled leavers without every using his hands :)

*** The third lever can not used but is there to indicate that your fate with the bridge of destiny is now over and you can use the bridge as much as you want without anything bad happening ***

*** Also without a continue coin I can't actually bring you back to life again and I'm not mean enough too end this adventure by you dieing, so don't worry about that. Even if you fail certern actions you will not die.***

* how DO you spell that word?

P.S. Thanks Rhee for commenting about the disk giving us extra continues back in DLT rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

* psychic - not easy to guess!

re the 3rd lever - ok, explanation noted thanks Jamie, but I liked my flubber idea!

Good to know that in this COMEDY adventure there will be no more DEATH :twisted: :roll:

So we still don't know how to get across the gap - unless one of the logs with coloured tape might help us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 pm 

Acorn1 wrote:
unless one of the logs with coloured tape might help us?

I don't know about ONE OF THEM! Remember the coloured logs will make the train go much faster then intended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

which might help us jump the gap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 pm 

This sounds... safe. Let's do it!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 63  Next