It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 pm 

Jahmen's Quest Series of Clue and Story Quests: IN-REVIEW
The Jahmen's Quest Series of Clue & Story Quests has been an on-going 2 year project to build all of the content.
The entire Quests Series has now been Completed for Explorers as of the Date: APRIL 18, 2013 for Play & Review.

NOTE: I decided to LIST the changes and improvements made & being made to the Quest Series here at the start or beginning of this thread so you won't have to read through everything searching for them.
Some were made some time ago and others are the results of this forum threads feed back.

IMPROVEMENTS:
Quest’s Hood has an Imager with Posted Quest Game information, requirements and story line.
Even though explorers are told about it, not all take or find time go there to read them. Please read them.

1. Image Post about how to capture information off the Imager by taking a Ki Picture of it. That way you can read posts all at once off your Ki without waiting for and trying to read it all from the imager rotation of posts.

2. Image Post about how to run a chatlog for when playing a Clue or Story Quest and how to find and save the log file to share information with others and avoid game content loss. Strongly advised to use.

3. Single versions of “Vault Secrets” & “TREES” was made to give explorers more time to meet up with others playing before giving up. We had thought most explorers would start with other explorers they knew than alone, since they were told the Series was for Multiple players. That didn’t turn out to be the case.
The reason behind the choices of one or the other Original or Single play had to do with our tracking for the Q&A.
We will now just send out both versions and let each decide.

4. Originally the Quest Series was released in 2010 as a Real Time 24/7 event for about 6 weeks with Explore hosts doing live Q&A sessions.
Now the Quest Series has no set time limits for playing through it, if at all.
We also changed the Q&A to be either in-game as originally done explorer to explorer or by Ki Mail request the Q&A can be sent out to explorers to do.
NOTE: Ki mail messages have been lost and delayed for weeks and has caused many explorers to lose interest.
Nothing we know of can be done about Ki glitch delays and lost messages.
ALl we can do is to try and make it known to explorers.

5. TeamSpeak3 is a common gaming communication program that can be downloaded for free. We set up a Private Jahmen’s Quest Series of Games on TeamSpeak3 to provide a place for players to meet up with others and it allows hands free communication through a voice activated mic function.
We had been waiting to give our TeamSpeak3 Channel access out to explorers after they had gotten through Vault Secrets.
We will now provide access with “Vault Secrets” nyc.clanwarz.com:1109 is what you put into TeamSpeak3.
Just ask Simon Templer for the password when you're ready.
A place for those playing to meet up with others to share what they know and help one another solve the puzzles.

6. Planet Dragonia Host’s the Quest Series and provides some of the background story the Quest Series is drawn from. We set up www.PlanetDragonia.com website to eventually provide support through Hints and Spoilers.
The content for such has been made, however, we are still in the progress of learning enough Java Script to employ it onsite.

ORIGINAL THREAD POST STARTS HERE:

MrMouski recently PMed me and shared some of his own insights about his Quest making experiences and put this forth to me;

Have you ever asked yourself this question: What do players want?

He proposed why not ask them via some kind of survey or poll?

I responded back to him that as far as I knew, I and others have done that many times over the course of time.
I myself, didn't come away with any definitive information with which I could form any solid or conclusive agenda with.
And so I tried to incorporate a little of everything into a Quest Series of Quests to cover all the bases with.

About: Had I ever asked the Question: What do explorers want and like in a Quest?

Simply put, what common place theme resonates best with the majority of QUEST players in the Uru Community.

My Jahmen’s Quest Series was admittedly an overambitious undertaking with the idea to;

(A) provided new content for explorers to play after they had solved all the Uru game content.

(B) create something that challenged the community of explorers so much that it required several explorers to band together to play and solve it. Project was meant to help bring the community together as a whole.

(C) create something that provided a wide range of content from story, to varying kinds puzzle content.

I have put my Quest Series of Clue and Story Quests up for review here for two reasons;

(1) to help other explorers making Quests get a better sense of what to create that will appeal to most explorers.

(2) to help me make improvements and tweak my Quest Series to make it more fun for explorers to play.

NOTE: Because the Quest Series has no time limit for playing through it, it allows explorers to stop and start, quit and come back as they please.
Therefore, I won't be putting forth all the names of the explorers that started playing my Quest Series regardless of where they are in it presently or when or how long ago they started. NO STATUS GIVEN

I fully expect to get some very straightforward brutally harsh opinions.
At the risk of any ego I have being completely destroyed, I am willing to subject myself to the observations and opinions expressed.
I think what MrMouski was trying to say to me, is that even though it would hurt to get a reality check on what just exactly explorers truly do like and want to play in the way of Quests.
It is something I am willing to take on for the sake of improving and So . . Here here we go. . .

MY EXPLORERS PLAYERS LIST:
Note:
The Explorer players LIST doesn't include everyone and so if your name isn't on the list or if your name is on the list and you feel it should or shouldn't be, Please don't feel slighted, insulted, hurt or upset…

The intent here is to provide a base list of explorers who started playing and a place for them to express with whatever they feel will help frame what the Quest Series flaws and short coming were for them or share what they liked too.
THERE IS NO Right or Wrong answers here, since it's individual opinions based upon personal likes and dislikes preferences.

LIST: Misty Waterlily, Jackie Bullet,
A'pryl Myst, Enders, Fairy Myst, jgs, Melynn, Poppytree, SandDigger, SinterKlass, Shapira, Z'epher, J. Bean, Zesty & Kirk of Xeniphers, Altemyer, Kefrith, Karyna Myst, Stumble, zftm, Elva, Colon, Lyyne, Ethrel, K'hibu, Skydiver Susa'n, Mouski, Christine, Rocketdog, Teodri, angelmyst, AgeExplorer, Altrad, AudreyL, Timami, Susorette, Beobachter, Wori, Abjab5, L'sahna, Mr.Stick, AOEC, Asera, Carl Palmer, cleo, adi, OneZero, Sotuknang, Lyyne, Goren,

NOTE: Two 2 explorers have fought their way through the entire Series to last CITY LIGHTS Clue Quest! Yay!

Jahmen: I'll start off by sharing what I think I already know to be true.
Most explorers prefer to play Quests alone.
Most explorers like a Quest they can solve in a short or reasonable amount of time, about an hour or less.
Most explorers don't like Quests that have extremely difficult requirements such as; combo jumping, climbing or complex puzzles.
Complex puzzles defined as: requiring the gathering and sorting out of marker text clues to figure out the puzzle or to solve the mystery.

NOTE: This NEW TOPIC is a REVIEW of Jahmen’s Quest Series.
Please post comments that are related to your experience in playing any of my Quests.
Followed by comments related to referencing other Quests with brief statements.
I don’t want the Topic to become about every-other Quest made and played, but to focus here on the positives and negatives experienced in playing Jahmen's Quests so others like me can improve and learn from all the feedback.
Hopefully the feed back will allow me to improve my Quests Series of Quests.

Quote:

ADDED REFERENCE: WHAT YOU AND MOST DIDN'T KNOW:
My Quest Series of Stories and Clue games were a 4 week real time event that ended long ago.
I created several NP (Name Player) Avatars to interact in IC (In-character) play within the Quest Series Story Game Theme.
Clue Quest game puzzles (Clue Quests are markers with text clues to math, letters to words and words to sentence, etc. . . puzzle solves) to get Journal Story Reward Quests as they progress thru solving them.
The Story Quests are the rewards like Yeesha pages for solving the Clue Quest puzzles.
I'm have presently been finishing up the last Clue Quest to complete the entire Quest Series of Quests.
Thanks to all those persistent in playing the Quest Series.
[NOTE: NO EXPLORER OR PAIR OF OR GROUP OF EXPLORERS HAVE PROGRESSED PAST CLUE QUEST "JALAK GEMS" TO DATE. WHY?

QUEST SERIES of GAMES
HOW IT PLAYED!

START: Quest's Bevin Imager Posts
Were Taunts at Players to generate interest in the
Lost Bevin & Age - Clue to Simon's Quest Game

Simon Templer’s Journey Journal Quest [Kadish]
Was Clue marker Texts to Name Player ( NP )
END: Simon's Journey Journal Clue Quest

NP X-Xxx'x Journal Journey [Minkata]
Introduction Journal Story to Jahmen
END: NP X-Xxx'x Journal Journey Story Quest

Imager Post Added: NP Imager Post - Drama
To encourage interest to ask for more . .

QUEST’s “Vault Secrets” Clue Quest [Kadish] Note: Made an easier more explorer friendly version.
NP gives out this 2nd Clue Quest Game Puzzle
Marker Clues lead to Q&A NP host explorer? & NP host explorer?
END: Quest's Vault Secrets Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 1 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
NP gives Players Q & A for Journal 1 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 1 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 1 Journal Quest Story

Jahmen’s 2 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
NP gives Players Q & A for Journal 2 Quest Story
& "TREES" Clue Quest Math Puzzle
You completed Jahmen’s 2 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 2 Journal Quest Story

CrashOveride’s “TREES” Clue Quest [Multi-Age] Note: Made an easier more explorer friendly version.
"TREES" Clue Quest leads to NP host explorer who gives Players Q&A
for Journal 3 Quest Story & "JALAK GEMS" Clue Quest Puzzle
END: “TREES” MATH CLUE QUEST:

Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
NP gives Q & A for Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest Story
& gives out 3rd Clue Quest JALAK GEMS
You completed Jahmen’s 3 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest Story

KI.’s “JALAK GEMS” CLUE QUEST [Multi-Age]
Clue Quest Puzzles of Letters to Words, Words to Sentence
& Math Solves for Final "Secret Word" Marker location find.
NP host explorer to receive answers.
END: “JALAK GEMS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 4 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
NP Receives; Completed Words Sentence for
Jahmen’s 4 Journal Quest Story 2008
You completed Jahmen’s 4 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 5 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
NP. receives "Secret Word" for Jahmen's 5 Journal Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 5 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 5 Journal Quest

Quest’s “ROCKS” CLUE QUEST [Multi-Age] Note: Available 4-1-2012
A New Twist Clue Quest Puzzle of Optional Numbers to Sentences Message,
Number Words to locate NP "Name Player" host explorer, Sentences Word Numbers to
solve number basics to "Secret Word" Marker locations.
END: “ROCKS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 6 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
NP Receives; Completed "Secret Word" Session of Secret Word
for Jahmen’s 6 Journal 2010 Quest Story .
You completed Jahmen’s 6 Journal 2010
End: Jahmen’s 6 Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 7 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
for Jahmen’s 7 Journal 2010 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 7 Journal 2010
End: Jahmen’s 7 Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 8 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
for Jahmen’s 8 Journal 2010 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 8 Journal 2010
End: Jahmen’s 8 Journal Quest

Kyrie’s “Kirel Lights” CLUE QUEST [Single-Age]
Clue Quest Puzzle based on my New Twist on in-game data for "Clue Word & Sentence” Markers.
Journals have a NP host explorer Q&A solve session.
END: “ROCKS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 9 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
NP Receives; Completed "Q&A" Answer Session to Puzzle for
Jahmen’s 9 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 9 Journal Quest

Kyrie’s “CITY LIGHTS” CLUE QUEST [Single-Age]
Clue Quest Puzzle based on my Newer Twist on in-game data for "Clue Word & Sentence" Markers.
Journals have a NP host explorer Q&A session consisting of Explorer giving their Puzzle answers.
Added: I-Spy's Secret Files Puzzle Code game for unedited Journals 11 & 12.
END: “CITY LIGHTS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 10 Journal Quest 2010 [Minkata]
NP Explorer Receives; Completed Explorer Answer to D'ni Kings Puzzle for
Jahmen’s 10 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 10 Journal Quest and Quest Series.

Jahmen’s 11 Journal Quest (Spy Edited Version 2013) [Minkata]
NP Explorer Receives; Completed Explorer Answer to Kings Spelling Puzzle for
NP Receives; Acquired Puzzle Codes.
Jahmen’s 11 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 11 Journal Quest and Quest Series.

Jahmen’s 12 Journal Quest (Spy Edited Version 2013) [Minkata]
NP Explorer Receives; Acquired Puzzle Codes from Explorer.
Jahmen’s 12 Journal 2010 Quest Story.
End: Jahmen’s 12 Journal Quest and Quest Series.

The Original Series was ended with the 5 Journal Quest Stories due to the planned "REAL TIME" playing time restraint.
There were 10 Jahmen's Journal Quest Stories Originally written in total for the Series and 8 Clue Quest Games planned. The Quest Series now has been Completed with a Total of 12 Journal Stories and 6 Clue Quests

Last edited by Jahmen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:45 am, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject: NO REPLIES
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 pm 

What does it mean? 53 Viewers so far with a Reply count of ZERO!

I recently texted again with a fellow explorer to discover:
Maybe My Quest Series of Quests biggest hurdle for Explorers to play is as follows:

An Out of the Box - Multi-Explorer played Series of extremely hard Clue Quests made to challenge several explorers playing together to solve the Quests in sequence with an interactive Questions & Answers (Q&A) sessions test at the end of every Clue Quest to progress forward to the next Story Journal and Clue Quest.

Explorers just don't want to get involved in something that takes that much time and commitment to do and finish?

I have been told by some that they have had trouble scheduling to meet up to do the Quests together and that sometimes their partner bails on them.

Quote:
Quest Series has no time limit.

Explorers can’t find or don't know enough other explorers well enough to schedule time together to work on a Clue Quest of puzzles?

Quote:
Even if in different time zones, I had hoped explorers could share the text marker information with one another from running chat logs.
I do try making explorers aware to remember to retrieve the files before they get lost to the default run off after 3 logs made.
I figured explorers would and could save and send NotePad log files to one another of what each had to help assemble the puzzles for an easier solve. That would help bridge the gap between time zones. They wouldn't have to actually be in-game together playing all the time, if they didn't want to or couldn't.

Perhaps just maybe the Clue Quests are too hard? or are the Story Journal Quest rewards not interesting enough or worth bothering to do for the Clue Quests?

Are the interactive Q&A sessions too hard or to hard too get to and through time wise?

Explorers don't want to have to do all the Great Zero Marker Missions to get their Ki upgraded to show coordinates for markers when in Ae'gura City?

I really would like to understand what is holding explorers back from playing and what causes them to quit?

Last edited by Jahmen on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm 

Your conclusion figures.
Even MOUL when $10 a month made me very regular at the end I could not have bound myself to a play schedule with a group. Ihave a family for starters. At the time there was a group of european players that i played with alot, but now most of the friends I have in URU are from the US and I have to stay up to midnight to meet some, and on weekends I play around 6am to meet others. But I can't commit myselt to be in at any given time.

I did play a marker driven clue story awhile back, but given that those who were in the cavern for hours at the time had finished by the time I was just getting in to it, and that I want to socialize some part of every logon... By the time i finished, the game was forgotten by most.

I like to 'frolic' and behave in URU, but I have to be able to say 'bye' at an instant.

So this is a response to your analyzis, I still think about how to respond to the topic...

Post subject: Re: NO REPLIES
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:43 pm 

Jahmen wrote:

You are looking at the numbers and posted your 2nd post ... 22 hours after your first post. Some of my posts can take days before reaching 50 viewers. You really have to cool down a little :wink: .

I will say again what I told you for the online game (it applies to the forum also). Some explorers come daily on forum to read, some come daily to read & write, some come once or twice a week, some come one or twice a month, some come only when they can, and some never come at all.

On some busy days like yesterday... I had 20 subjects to read. Even myself, I didn't go through each of them. I took 30 mins just for this forum. Now ask a guy who comes once in a week to read through 50 subjects if not more, you have the figure...

EDIT: After reading thru all of your 1st post on this thread

I'll have to think a little bit before answering your questions. You already have most of my answers because I always told you what I thought. I'll do it shortly I hope. I have many things to attend in RL as well as in-game.

Post subject: Re: NO REPLIES
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:22 pm 
Jahmen wrote:

Hint: Wait for your thread to reach one reply before posting on it again.

Post subject: REALLY?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am 

Annabelle wrote back . . .

Quote:
You are looking at the numbers and posted your 2nd post ... 22 hours after your first post. Some of my posts can take days before reaching 50 viewers. You really have to cool down a little .

OK. . . OK . . . I admit I’m overly anxious about hearing from others about my Quests Series and so had hoped for some feedback and replies out of at least the first 50+ viewings.
Uh so My Bad? 8)

DLordofTime wrote back . . .
Quote:
Hint: Wait for your thread to reach one reply before posting on it again.

LOL Like there is some unwritten rules of posting etiquette I missed here? :shock:

Dude, my repost posed additional Information & Questions to maybe help explorers help me to better focus in on improving my Quests Series with.

The thread post is a topic review for my Quests Series to get feedback on.

And all you can comment to me about is my over anxiousness? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 am 
Well, since I don't know what makes a good marker game, yeah, pretty much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 am 

Well, I played one of your quests a long time ago.
I don't remember the name of it. Someone sent it to me, so I tried it.
I have talked with a few of my friends who played it, but they never finished it.
I wish I remember the name of it.
All of us did not enjoy it at all.
Please, no offense meant stating this, because I am sure some may like your quests.
Hopefully, they will, since you say you have spent such a long time on them.
Good luck.

Post subject: Thank You! For Real.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:05 am 

Nicoleleigh, absolutely no offense taken at all. I totally understand were you are coming from. 8)
I play other explorers Quest's and find to that some either are just too hard or not something that interests me.

While I appreciate the time you took to comment, I just wish you could have remembered something more helpful to share.
Without even knowing the name of the Quest, I can only speculate.

:roll: So, I will venture to guess the reason why you didn't like or finish it was that it wasn't likely the first Quest in the Series :?:
NOTE 1: First Clue Quest in the Series is made easy enough for most average single explorers to play through it.
NOTE 2: You hadn't receive any up-front information about the Quest Series requirements whereby, explorers must have played through all their Uru in-game content first to gain the required skill sets and have gotten the final upgraded calibrated Ki ability to read marker coordinates with.
(It was; all-Green & Red Markers and all Marker Missions completed)
NOTE 3: You possibly/ probably didn't know it was a Multi-Explorer Quest to play, as in not meant for a single player to play :?:
Likelihood is, you hadn't come into the Quest Series through the proper channels placed in Quest's Hood to know and receive the basic requirements and instructions to play it.
Thus the bad experience and dislike, although you still could have not liked it. :x

That those who sent it to you had probably got it themselves out of sequence and with out any understanding about it.
So they were clueless and hadn't themselves received enough of the warnings to how to play it successfully.

Likely hood is that you or none saw to start out from Quest's Hood image posts to a story line or knew to find Simon Templer who had the first Clue Quest in the Series to start you off with and so he explain the situation of play.

Simply put, you most likely got a more advanced and difficult Clue Quest in the Series to play meant for several explorers by then to be playing together.
And also, without any of the beginner storyline knowledge, there would be little if no fun at all in it as the Stories are the meant incentive and rewards for you to play it. Otherwise, just a bunch of hard markers to get with text in them you had little of no context of to make any sense of any of it at all.

Unfortunately, that's the down side of the Quest Series I have no control over how explorers get started in my Quest Series.

:cry: Sorry you and the others didn't like it or had a bad experience.

Last edited by Jahmen on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:06 pm 

That's why I don't share your quests with others even though I have them in my repository avatar. I've been asked to share them and I always said "No".

----

On another note: it takes all kind of people to make the world goes round

Some will like your stuff
Some will like your stuff and will be pleased to come to you and say: "Awesome stuff! I like it really much!"
Some won't be interested
Some won't like your stuff
Some won't like your stuff and will be pleased to come to you and say: "I don't like your stuff!"
Some will just breath air and that will be very "brain demanding"...
Etc.

What can you do?... Ignore the "won't like your stuff" groups. The others are harmless and the firsts are your "target market".

Example:
You all know Michel by now, I hope... The creator of MagicBot and MimiBot... "Yeah ok! I know the guy!" Good...

He made a serie of quests in french combining skydiving and puzzles and a complex gameplay with interaction with the "gamemaster", himself.

His serie have been played ENTIRELY by 3 groups: 2 groups of 2 (male/female) and 1 group consisting of myself. 5 people made it through entirely. That's it... No more, no less. It took 5 months for the 1st group to start playing.

He might have been discouraged but he did it. His serie is very well made. I enjoyed playing it.

Bottom line of all this is:
No matter how many will enjoy your series, that's rewarding!

I have buddies I share my quests with even knowing they won't play them, I don't mind. I have buddies I share my quests with knowing they will spend hours travelling through my routes and grinding teeth while playing them.

I make routes: going from A to B.

Some like, some don't (so what!, I ain't doing my stuff for the latter). I make them because... because that's what I enjoy the most, making a quest that's not a "hard work", that's pleasing. If people like them after their release ... well I'm glad.

:D

Post subject: Thanx Annabelle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 am 

Annabelle sums it up with. . .
Quote:
Some like, some don't (so what!, I ain't doing my stuff for the latter). I make them because... because that's what I enjoy the most, making a quest that's not a "hard work", that's pleasing. If people like them after their release ... well I'm glad.

We all like it when others like what we like, make or do. It validates us and our efforts in making are made more fun.
I believe most of us who make Quests for others to play, do it because our talents and abilities compel us to, regardless to if the others ever play them.
It comes from a need to express our creative ideas.
Additionally, I believe we all have ego's and enjoy knowing something we have done is appreciated. :roll: Human Nature.

Quote:
That's why I don't share your quests with others even though I have them in my repository avatar. I've been asked to share them and I always said "No".

And I thank you for that Annabelle.

However, if I may ask, did you remember or were you able to tell or direct them to how they can start the Quests Series :?:
How to get started by directing them to Quest's Hood Imager posts or by Ki message sent to Simon Templer Ki #07297522 :?:

Most of us I feel understand the subjective nature of Quests being made of all kinds of various styles and types.
That they are hit and miss depending upon explorers tastes. In the mean time, what I was really hoping for in this thread post Review was explorers to post something more specific to their experience in playing my Quests Series to what they liked or didn't like that I might fix & improve it with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:24 pm 

You shouldn't get discouraged or desperate. I understand that you have put A LOT of effort in this quest series and you are so eager to share it with fellow explorers and see them complete it and get feedback and you sure expected more, but you forget how [email protected] TRICKY it is.
For various reasons..

First of all, as mentioned above, it is hard to find a partner, or a team to play together.
Because your games are so demanding and nerve wrecking, it has to be people you REALLY get along well with. Or you won't talk to them again after you progress on the quest a little. :P
Then because of the time difference, we don't all have buddies from our area, it's not easy to have with them the amount of time needed to play your games on a regular basis.
And then because it's a game, not work!!! I refuse to make a schedule and force myself to make X progress per day, sometimes I'm in mood for marker games, sometimes for just glitching, sometimes just for chatting, sometimes I only want to park my avvie and do nothing but stare at the scenery.

Then it's the quest itself.. It starts with the easiest game you could ever have, then the next one is significantly more difficult, then the next is a pain in the @ss! Difficulty level increases at insane proportions here!
This is not the kind of game you can have for breakfast, you need time and space to make your efforts, then fail, then retry, then get tired, get angry, then stubborn until you finally finish it.

You know yourself the amount of explorers that reached a certain level, and you know what it took them to reach it. So you shouldn't be complaining here, you should be patient and wait for them to get in the mood to continue, if they ever. Because you have created a monster here and you know it yourself!!
And no, it's not their fault because they didn't pick the "easy single player version". Since you tell yourself that teams could rather play the hard one. You could first of all skip your formalities and hand both to them as well, if they ask you for it, out of safety or curiosity, or, because, it's a game anyway, it's for fun!

As for me, I haven't really been in mood to continue for over a year now, my quest buddy too. Trees really sucked the life out of us, because of the counting, and a couple of the choices you made when creating it (Er'cana trees name for example, and the fact that we spend 99% of the game looking for something specific, and the last one was something totally different. That felt like a cheat, to be honest. Or because my nerves were wrecked after the last meeting with Jack Flash :P ). Anyway then we tried a few times with Jalak gems, dunno if we'll ever complete it.
I know I got angry and quit, once because my ki froze and the game reset, then twice because I got angry with the game itself. It is not fair nor helpful to the player AT ALL when there is no consistency between the number of markers that correspond to each clue, especially in a game so big! You can't have one marker per clue for 10 clue markers, then 3 for 4, then a dozen for one or two, then I dunnohowmany because I stopped... ;) In fact, player feels they're being taken advantage of. Or this is how I personally felt... The options are so many, visible and not visible parts of an Age, how am I supposed to know if I'm doing well or not? And it's not a handful of markers like in Vault Secrets, we're talking about an UNKNOWN number here, I keep getting and getting markers and my ki still blinks purple!!!

OF COURSE I've had a great time playing so far, and I'm so curious to see what's next, but you too should step in our shoes for a few and ask yourself if people are really able to deal with ALL that you're asking of them, AND as fast as you expect it of them. We need time. And we don't want an anger and patience limit test, just a game to have some fun with our friends!!

Thanks for reading! ^__^/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:28 pm 

I could not have said it better, Adi.

Marker games or quests should be fun. I refuse to get angry or tear my hair out just to have fun.
Frustration is one thing, but getting totally burnt out on a quest or whatever they are called now, is very "not fun".

Annabelle''s games are difficult at times, but I seem to get a little further each time I play one, even the most difficult ones.
When I get to a certain point in her games, I just giggle and say "YES".

Like I have said, Jahman's quests just don't have what I like.

Some will, however, will adore them and have the best of time. I am glad that some like them. And I am sure there are many.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:01 pm 

Thank you for the feedback.

adi, I'm sorry you found the Clue Quests and Q&A to be upsetting. I didn't know. :oops:
I have made many changes in response to your expressed opinions over a rather long period of time as you know.
Obviously, it was never my intention to make you or any explorers angry or frustrated to the point of getting so upset. :(
I will only say, thank you for playing and for all the feed back and encouragement you have given me.

adi and many older explorers playing probablly haven't been back to Quest's Hood to check on/ for the up-dated information Image posts to the improvements that were made and implimented. So they have probably missed many of the improvements made since they started.
I understand for many explorers, my fixes will be too little too late!
For that I am truly sorry for. :oops:

In fact, it seems the bigeest problem The Quest Series faces is that even when explorers all get told about Quest's Hood and to go check the image posts there, they don't for some reason. And so they miss out on the starting story line and key updates to help address the problems and fixes made from those that came before them.

I made the Clue Quests to be challenging for several explorers playing them together.
And they do progress in difficulty fast because I had thought by the time they got to Jalak Gems they would have several explorers working with them.
Sharing chatlog Clue Quest data to work out the puzzles together was my idea being 2 or more heads are better than 1.

As for the counting, that was why I put confirmation markers in my clue quests to confirm counts.
Counting the Trees can be very tricky. :shock:
I know, because I had to count them about ten time each when making the Quest to be certain I got it right.
Playing alone or with others who don't play very often can make it far more difficult, frustrating and simply NOT fun! :x
I understand that.

Explorers that have played as a team of 2 or more, all seem have been able to play through fairly easily without to much trouble.
I undertsand now that few explorers are able to commit to and find time for playing a Series of Quests over a long period of time.
That was why I encouraged explorers to find other explorers already interested and playing to help make it easier by playing it together.
Quest Series has no time limit.
And I have tried to encourage explorers I track and know to get with one another.

My attempts to enourage explorers is often taken the wrong way and taken as pressure or as if there was a time limit.
It can be difficult at times for me to guage when an explorer has given up or just taking a break.
What may seem like proding or presure, is me trying to to track and guage explorers as they play through so the explorer hosts can be there and ready for them when they are ready for the next Story and Clue Quest.
I have lost may interested explorers playing through due to Ki glitches in delivering me their Ki mail sent weeks later after the fact. Again, I'm sorry for that frustration also.

I have tried to keep improving the Quest Series as I get more feed back and so. . .
Quest's Hood has a Image post on how to run chatlogs when playing the Clue Quests to help explorers avoid reset game woes.
Additionally, I also set up a Team Speak channel for explorers playing to find others playing and to help them share Clue Quest information together. I had been giving the Team Speak Channel access out after "Vault Secrets".
I can now see that maybe I should give it to them at the start?

I keep adding and changing things to the Quests to help refine them and to make them easier and more fun to play.
Why I had remade "Vault Secrets" and the "TREES" Clue Quests with a single player versions.

Even if in different time zones, I had hoped explorers could share the text marker information with one another from running chat logs.
I do try making explorers aware to remember to retrieve the files before they get lost to the default run off after 3 logs made.
I figured explorers would and could save and send NotePad log files to one another of what each had to help assemble the puzzles for an easier solve. That would help bridge the gap between time zones. They wouldn't have to actually be in-game together playing all the time, if they didn't want to or couldn't.

I do Understand now that my Jahmen's Quest Series of Clue and Story Quests are not for most.
I had intended to make something for the community and for explorers to have fun together playing.
I see I have yet to achive that goal. I will endevor to improve on the Series as best I can.

P. S. Again, thank you for the feed back to help me make it a better experience for future explorers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:50 pm 

Jahmen wrote:
adi, I'm sorry you found the Clue Quests and Q&A to be upsetting. I didn't know. :oops:

No worries...^^ But ask Jack!! He will probably remember :-P

Will get back on the rest later.