It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nominate a Fan Age
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:39 pm 

While we wait for the medium that is gonna be used to add fan ages to MOULa and various programs being produced to convert and export existing ages made with Blender to the new game engine I figured we can get another part of the task started. Keep in mind the age hasta be appropriate for the story of Uru, hasta fit within the cannon, hasta be free of any copy write issues, and the author/author's of the age hafta be reachable so she/he/they can be prompted to submit her/his/their age for inclusion to MOULa, assuming she/he/they agree to do so.

Now their are over a hundred ages to choose from and not all are appropriate for MOULa for any one of a number of reasons, so if your age does not get chosen its not necessary a reflection on its quality, however Cyan is a business and as a business they havta be careful what they put on their servers due to the legalities involved. Also you must understand that we do not have free choice and the option to take whatever ages we like and put them into MOULa. We can wait for the author(s) of the age to first offer or submit their age for consideration, but we can also encourage the author to submit their age if their work is worthy and meets all the criteria. Based on what little I have heard I believe we will have plenty of time to sort threw the ages and whittle them down to what Cyan is willing to except.

So be proactive, get involved and lets get this party started, or at least part of it

Edit to proof-read......kinda

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Nominate a Fan Age
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

For those who didn't stumble upon those yet, you can get a quick overview of what is available through two comfortably to glance through simple PDF files by downloading them here ... Enjoy ... :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nice work janaba. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aww ... thank you, tommyap ... :)

Though those illustrated lists might be helpful and serve as a first impression, I'd suggest to explore the ages which have been taken into consideration through 'means' available on the Guild of Writers website ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

You may want to have a look here, too.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:45 pm 

Id like to Nominate Jonah Hood if the author can be found and they approve

E=mc2

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:12 am 

Jo'nae Hood is a lot of fun--pretty and with a lot of puzzles. Unfortunately the Writer is hard to contact, I've been trying to get in touch with him to publish images of his Age to the DevART site.

"Lost Stonehenge" is frequently updated and is a beautiful, yet simple Age that could serve as a good starting point. It's small, but fun to explore, and has a relto page for added benefit. "Serene" also fits into this category, though it doesn't have a relto page. "Vothol Gallery" is a spectacularly detailed age, though small.

"DRA Office/Adrael" and "Ashream" are both large, well-realized ages with an appreciable level of puzzles. Adrael is a little rough, perhaps, but still fun.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:39 am 
Obduction Backer

and also the recent Elodea from Dulcamara :wink:

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:00 am 
Obduction Backer

janeerah wrote:
and also the recent Elodea from Dulcamara :wink:

definitely! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

... Maybe we should start with the /finished/ ages, like

Fahets
Fehnir's House
Fens
Kaelis' pub office
Relativity
Serene
Tre'bivdil
Vothol Gallery

And others

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:12 pm 

One of the issues with Relativity is even though it was started in AutoCad & Max it was finished in Blender, it needs to be converted to be useable for the new game engine, We kinda shot our selves in the foot on this one, because its a little more complex then it looks, and any one will tell you the more complex something is the more things there are to go wrong.

It is possible and their are some unsubstantiated rumors that some body is working on it for one of the open source shards but so far there just rumors based on a few hints.

Are best bet would be to start with the ones that are already in MOULa format. Unless we have a Escher fan in Cyan with an age importer for Max its highly unlikely to happen for Relativity. Also some of the additions to the original structure may cause copy write issues if we dont get a license from the M.C. Escher foundation it may never be on any of the Open Source shards. But if it can not be converted to the MOULa format theirs no use getting a license

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

lunanne wrote:
... Maybe we should start with the /finished/ ages, like

Fahets
Fehnir's House
Fens
Kaelis' pub office
Relativity
Serene
Tre'bivdil
Vothol Gallery

And others

Plus, Fehnir's House, Tre'bivdil and Vorhol Gallery are already in MOULA format.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:38 pm 

Fens is "finished" but it will likely go through a major revision in the times to come. Enjoy it as it is while you can.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
One of the issues with Relativity is even though it was started in AutoCad & Max it was finished in Blender, it needs to be converted to be useable for the new game engine, We kinda shot our selves in the foot on this one, because its a little more complex then it looks, and any one will tell you the more complex something is the more things there are to go wrong.

It is possible and their are some unsubstantiated rumors that some body is working on it for one of the open source shards but so far there just rumors based on a few hints.

Are best bet would be to start with the ones that are already in MOULa format. Unless we have a Escher fan in Cyan with an age importer for Max its highly unlikely to happen for Relativity. Also some of the additions to the original structure may cause copy write issues if we dont get a license from the M.C. Escher foundation it may never be on any of the Open Source shards. But if it can not be converted to the MOULa format theirs no use getting a license

Blender ages made with pyprp can be converted, although with difficulty, which is why so far it has been limited to ages that have been chosen to be released on Gehn. I'll do a good word for Relativity :)

Edit: Actually according to Hoikas it isn't finished yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:00 pm 

lunanne wrote:
Edit: Actually according to Hoikas it isn't finished yet?

Eh, these things are kinda' relative.

*buh-bum-bump*

:P