It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 pm 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
HarveyMidnight wrote:
Is there any estimate on when this update might be re-upped?

No, I don't think so.

I'd like to know the status of this update (more than just "on hold")
I'd also like to know (via PM if necessary) exactly what was the copyrighted content that caused the problem.
I ask, because I have shirt design(s) in that update and I can't tell if it's my shirt(s) or not causing the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:34 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The content update is currently on the Minkata Test Shard, and, without checking, I suspect that and more on Gehn as well.

Cyan, and Chogon also at Geeta Games, are busy with their respective projects, such as realMyst Masterpiece Edition and Obduction. It may be at least several months before the stars align (everyone's schedules) and we begin to talk about another update.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:40 pm 

Hmm... I will have to drop by the test shard sometime to check it out.(I am not sure about Gehn)

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lilly Looking Through is now out - and a nice little game it is too - so do you know what Chogon is doing with Geeta Games, JWPlatt? I hope this means there is going to be more content :)

As Jamie says, I don't recall Gehn picking up the t-shirts. But yes, they're available at Minkata, along with a fetching beret for female avvies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:15 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
It may be at least several months before the stars align (everyone's schedules) and we begin to talk about another update.

Several months? is this a joke? Are you seriously saying it could be a year from the content update first attempt to merely talking about trying it again?

Forgive me, but that is simply not acceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:24 pm 

Welcome in the World of MOULa. If you want new content you probably should play on the fan shards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

This thread is now almost 3 months old. :roll:
Will we get the new stuff or not?

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:54 pm 

We are going to get new content but it may be a while more. If you really want to see the new shirts in a none-testing environment I suggest you ask around on one of the other shards.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

The new content will come but only when Cyan is in the position where it has a bit of slack. The reverted update probably cost something like 2 man-days of effort once you count in the time to deploy it, discover the problems during verification, back it out, create the workround re-deploy and re-verify.

Since then Cyan has been kept fully occupied with RealMyst ME and the Obduction KS plus there was the holiday season in there. This past week or two, the Support Team, who do the verifications, have probably been busy fielding queries on RealMyst ME. Cyan have the necessary files, we just need to be patient a little longer. I think that once Cyan have got the additional resources they need for the Obduction development in place, then they'll be able to think about the content update again.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:34 am 

I appreciate that Cyan are busy people, but waiting so long for an update is simply not acceptable.
We waited a year ... A YEAR ... A WHOLE [I resist swearing, but it's how I feel] YEAR for an update that simply let us choose who to talk to while sitting and be able to move the mouse out of the window in windowed mode. THAT was not acceptable, and I'm not letting this fan content update go a year without kicking up a fuss about it.

Waiting a year not just for the update, but just for them to try to implement it again, IS SIMPLY NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way?

capitals used for emphasis, not for shouting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Whatever you like, think and want, you still need to accept the situation. To put pressure on Cyan really does not work. Believe me, if they have the time they will work on this update.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:20 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Alien wrote:
I appreciate that Cyan are busy people, but waiting so long for an update is simply not acceptable.
If you don't think it's acceptable, then what do you propose to do to help the situation? Otherwise you have no choice but to accept that what is, is. Making a noise about it doesn't change reality.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Alien wrote:
We waited a year ... A YEAR ... A WHOLE... YEAR for an update that simply let us choose who to talk to while sitting and be able to move the mouse out of the window in windowed mode. THAT was not acceptable, and I'm not letting this fan content update go a year without kicking up a fuss about it.

Waiting a year not just for the update, but just for them to try to implement it again, IS SIMPLY NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way?...

Probably not, but let's do the math. It's been less than three months since the reverted update. In three months time it will be less than six months since the update. After that, more than six months need to transpire before it will be a whole year.

As for the rest, the features you speak of were all fan produced. You were waiting not on Cyan, but on fans to donate their funding and free time towards development of such things as clickable sitting and freedom from cursor capture. The more fans like you contribute their time to learn and help with content and software development and support of those developers, the less time we will all need to wait. And to a hugely significant amount, the better we feel about helping you, and the more positive your approach, the more likely we are to have the emotional and creative energy to do these things for you while also dealing with our own personal lives. To a great degree our efforts will mirror the amount of constructive encouragement from the larger community.

Cyan has been timely in responding to updates when they have been readied by fans. But the RAD Game Tools and failed update were extraordinary events this past year - something both Cyan and fans needed to recover and learn from. Cyan is busy getting healthy again in the meantime. That's good for everyone. It's great to watch them succeed with revisiting their old games and Kickstarting a new one, honoring one's past and looking forward to the future.

At OpenUru.org, I ask folks who have complaints to come prepared with solutions, mostly meaning "How do you intend to contribute to solving the problem?" People with complaints and new ideas make great volunteers. At one time, we were trying to come up with job descriptions for positions to fill. That approach hasn't worked. We don't have the energy to work on a bureaucracy that has little prospect of fulfilling itself. Volunteers need to be inspired and not feel like it's a job. Where money is not available, it must be more rewarding than simply serving to the wishes and demands of others. The currency of volunteerism is praise, appreciation, and recognition. Hearing the recognition in words such as "Good job!" with your name attached to them every now and then goes a long way toward that. So what has worked better is allowing people to create their own positions and responsibilities. So if you see a problem, solutions that make other volunteers' lives easier are the only ones that will get implemented.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:58 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Cyan has been timely in responding to updates when they have been readied by fans. But the RAD Game Tools and failed update were extraordinary events this past year - something both Cyan and fans needed to recover and learn from. Cyan is busy getting healthy again in the meantime. That's good for everyone. It's great to watch them succeed with revisiting their old games and Kickstarting a new one, honoring one's past and looking forward to the future.

If I could rep you for this post, I would. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

My two cents:

I tryed to help by having somes ideas for new contents (Ages).
I can learn lot of things if someone help me a little...
For example, I asked for translation of Writers's tutorials in French (because I'm French :roll: ) for me to be able to build my Ages... Nothing. No help.
So, I keep my ideas for me and I don't help.

End of Ages has come, now the Myst saga is ending... And Moula is also at its end because nobody helps the others.
Speaking about the Moula futur is just a dream.
The Ending has already been writen...

It's just what I think.

*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next