It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:07 pm 

Hmm....Did ya' ever try PMing Lyrositor over @GoW? He's the French translator for GoMe, but to say it simply he's a univeristy student, so doesn't have time to translate huge pages of text at the moment.

Still, he does try to respond and answer technical questions when he can.

Anys, sorry you feel so discouraged, and that I'm not of more help on the matter.

(/salute)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor and me don't have at all the same conception of things.
In fact, I even think I have a serious different with him ... Precisely because he is a "French translator for GoMe" and he is also a member of the "Guild of Writers".

So no, I haven't really PMing him for this, but yes I have already spoke with him about this and some other "little" things...

*Cloud: You can double-clic on a file to open it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 pm 

Not everyone has the time to translate whole tutorials into another language. But you doesn't seem to be really bad in english and I am sure you are able to understand the english tutorials. If you have any questions regarding Age Building you can also ask over at the GOW Forum.

But I have to agree with you that MOULa is dying. Slowly but steady.

Christopher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:29 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Christopher73 wrote:
Not everyone has the time to translate whole tutorials into another language. But you doesn't seem to be really bad in english and I am sure you are able to understand the english tutorials.
Agreed. Even if the English isn't perfect, you've already saved others a lot of time by what you can type yourself. Native or fluent writers can make any adjustments. It's a community effort, but if we're all hoping someone else helps, no one is helping. So - TCB The Scar - if you can do something that inspires others to join your effort, you'll be that much closer to your goal. And frankly, I'll repeat what I said that people with good ideas make great volunteers who can help make the lives of other volunteers easier to live.

Also, Christopher73, nothing kills something faster than self-fulfilling prophecies of doom. If you want to fail, and say you will fail, you - will - fail. Look to where we really want to go and that's where we'll head.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 pm 

Speaking of updates, I remember a long time ago when they first announce the release of open source, the things that ran threw my mind. More then one version of Uru Live to choose from, each one with its own set of fan ages, and regular updates, new content, new areas opened up to explore. I guess what I was hoping for was the D'ni equivalent to Quantum mechanics multiple worlds interpretation where each server running open source would be slightly different, each version would have something unique and interesting, each one would have bragging rights for something the others don't have. Something that keeps you interested because its different each time you visit.

I was also hoping to find the atmosphere I remember from Gametap. but after I found 3DS Max and the Cyan plug-ins I find I have more fun creating stuff for the offline version some of it I publish and some I have not, and if people have as much fun exploring it as I do creating them all the better.

My stuff may or may not find its way to the open source version but im not creating it for recognition or prestige im creating this stuff because I enjoy it. I guess you can say its Art for its own sake (or at least its art to me) I would be more then glad to help any of the shards if they need something that I can do. But no one has ever taken me up on this offer for what ever reason and thats OK.

I guess what im trying to say is Cyan is not the only one with Uru live If I had a server and was running a version of Uru Live on it I would definitely take this opportunity to update my own version of Uru Live with new stuff that would interest fans. Cyan's not the only one running Uru Live, perhaps some of the other versions of Uru Live could pick up the slack with some updates while we wait for Cyan to update their version

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Last edited by Karkadann on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

My health is not the same as it was some months ago...
I spoke English pretty well in the past, but with my current health I have to use a translator to read English text or to write it.
To read and to write English are not the same things than to read and to write "technical English".
When I try to translate technical English sentences in French with the translator I use, I don't understand the result.

When someone who speak both languages pretty well use (or write) a tutorial, he doesn't translate it... So, the tutorials are staying in English... So, people like me who wanted to do something can't do it.
I said "wanted", I don't want anymore... It's to late.

Now, the only way I still use to help Moula is to make donations...
Maybe I'm stupid to give money for something I don't use anymore, or maybe this something is more important for me than you can think ; who knows...

I keep my ideas for my own game...
And if I don't use them, I'll put them in the (physical and virtual) trash or in a folder hidden under the (physical) trash.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 am 
Obduction Backer

While I find it a bit saddening to see that MO:ULa still doesn't have fan content on it (especially after I've seen such high-quality Ages as the ones on display on the Gehn Shard), I fully understand why. Given Cyan's current state, it is understandable that they wish to focus on things which will provide actual revenue. I'm much more interested in seeing Obduction released than I am on seeing new shirts in MO:ULa.

TCB The Scar wrote:
Lyrositor and me don't have at all the same conception of things.
In fact, I even think I have a serious different with him ... Precisely because he is a "French translator for GoMe" and he is also a member of the "Guild of Writers".

Considering that the Guild of Writers has been responsible for almost all modding of Uru in recent history, I believe you'll find it difficult to obtain French translations of tutorials if you think that the people in the Guild of Writers, the Guild of Messengers and The Open Cave are your enemies, as you've stated quite clearly in the past...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:29 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
If you want to fail, and say you will fail, you - will - fail.

Paraphrasing JWPlatt's statement and applying it to Lyrositor's last paragraph (previous post): If you say you have enemies, and you repeat on every tribune that you have enemies, you - do - have enemies.

It's a contruction of the mind. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

I asked for translations before having this kind of different with some peoples.
But "I'm not the only French who would like to have translations!"...

The GOW and the GOM are not at all my enemies...
It is members that makes Guilds, as it is peoples that makes society.
It is what people do that makes them who they are.
yes, there are some members I don't like in those Guilds...
But can we really like everybody? I don't think.

To have many hats on the same head is not a good thing.
What will happen if the President is also his 1st Minister and all others of his Ministers?
There is a word for that...

Anyway, it doesn't mater now.

Alea jacta est.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
It's a contruction of the mind. :wink:

/me looks up 'contruction'

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

TCB The Scar wrote:
To have many hats on the same head is not a good thing.
What will happen if the President is also his 1st Minister and all others of his Ministers?

Thanks for another chance to beat this drum:

It is true that to have many hats on the same head is not a good thing, but perhaps not from the same point of view you would expect. If the President has no ministers for his inspired mission, he has no choice. The President may be a person with a vision who wants to see something done, takes responsibility for it, and perseveres even when there's no help. The only solution to the complaint is for more ministers to volunteer. I am certain they would be welcome. The President can't be blamed for circumstances which would otherwise be resolved by the efforts of anyone who essentially and ironically complains there should be more people involved.

I understand you have health matters, so this is a general idea. It's not directed at you but at the misconception that there are more people than hats available. The circumstances should be considered. And from a positive perspective on the side of light, maybe some appreciation for those who really do too much for their own good - because it wouldn't get done if they didn't - is in order.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
While I find it a bit saddening to see that MO:ULa still doesn't have fan content on it (especially after I've seen such high-quality Ages as the ones on display on the Gehn Shard), I fully understand why. Given Cyan's current state, it is understandable that they wish to focus on things which will provide actual revenue.

The heck of it is that new content, particularly new Ages to explore, would no doubt increase donations. If explorers knew their money was going towards something tangible in the near future...or something they themselves could directly contribute to...they'd be more inclined to donate, I'd say.

Lyrositor wrote:
Considering that the Guild of Writers has been responsible for almost all modding of Uru in recent history, I believe you'll find it difficult to obtain French translations of tutorials if you think that the people in the Guild of Writers, the Guild of Messengers and The Open Cave are your enemies, as you've stated quite clearly in the past...

This. We, along with the other Guilds, groups and shard owners, do this out of the kindness of our hearts. I would argue that the Guild of Writers, The Open Cave, OpenURU.org, anyone who's ever opened and run a shard, and every single person who has ever programmed, done mod work, held a party or event, created a bot to entertain people, created marker games, and anything else for URU anywhere in the past is the ONLY reason we are here today and the game is still online after 11 years and two shutdowns. Regardless of personal feelings towards individuals, let's not forget that one fact.

If we don't snap immediately to attention when called, it's not personal...it's real life. We all have interests, friends and other such things outside of URU that require us to be there instead of here.

That being said, I say we be polite, but firm, in our continued requests for Cyan to get fan content into MOULa. It's really the only way the game will survive at this point, IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:27 pm 

Within the MOUL community there have always been those that do things and contribute to MOUL and its community. There has also been a fraction of the community that wants things done for them or done a certain way. The later group seems to mostly be unhappy and complaining. The prior group seems to be having fun and enjoying MOUL and life in general.

The unhappy group always has reasons why things would be so much better for all if the doers would just listen and do things the unhappy group wants done.

The happy doers sometimes listen, sometime shift what they are doing, and some times debate the ideas presented. But, they keep on doing what THEY WANT to do, which may or may not have anything to do with the ideas presented by the unhappy. It seems even years latter now, those that I would consider having been part of the happy group are still around, still contributing and still having fun.

Those unhappy complainers eventually move on leaving MOUL. I suppose they go looking for some other group somewhere that will listen to them and hope will do things for them. You know, do things RIGHT.

There are numerous other groups in the community and often people are in more than group, but the two I mention are pretty clearly defined and have been with the community since the beginning. I don’t expect that will ever change.

All that is possible is for a person to decide is how they will or won’t participate. Based on their participation others will categorize them into one group or another.

Doobes attributes MOUL’s continued existence solely to the fans. I wouldn’t go that far, but I do see fans as probably the single largest contributor to MOUL’s lasting this long. In general we can say ‘the fans’. But, more specifically I too believe it is those that do something that have kept MOUL going. Even if it is just as small a thing as letting Cyan know the game is enjoyed and a person would like more.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow...I wish I could quote you, Nalates, in another forum topic, but I won't..nicely said

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

It's always fun for the spider to have a fly for lunch.
It's never fun for the fly to be the lunch of the spider.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next