It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well why wait? Me/climbs up to the top of the sub and gives the wheel a turn. Let's see if this baby's unlocked.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:00 pm 

I managed to get the sub to Teledahn although the linking book got a bit warm in the processes, :oops:
all I need to do now is find some fuel.

After the linking book cooled down I went back to D'ni and noticed the sub seems to be in two places at once. I think I broke the linking book :shock:
and somebody left a donut on the hatch.hmmm chocolate filled my favorite ...thanks :P

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

My doughnut! :shock: Aarg, I was saving that for my evening in Eder Kemo, just me, the gentle rain, and a chocolate-filled pastry. What more could an explorer want? Oh well.

You say you need some fuel? Humm. Wonder if this thing runs on lake pellets? I have a few...explosive recipes... that could probably send that sub into orbit. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:41 am 
Obduction Backer

I wonder if the container to your left might help?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:44 pm 

@Karkadann: Feel free to park this at the docks in the GoMe Hood anytime!

On an unrealated note, found this will researching other things:
http://3dconceptualdesigner.blogspot.co ... t-vii.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey Nev'yn, looks like you discovered the Venalem harvester! :)

[A snip from an earlier post here:]
Last March, Ainia wrote:
For those interested in Venalem, there is a thread here that had an interesting discussion about the Age and its ink harvesting operations. You can even visit denDwaler's recreation of the harvester on the fan Age Rell-too. As janaba1's photos toward the end of the MOULa thread show, it's quite a sight. You can even go swimming and see it up close and personal. :D And for the truly adventurous at heart, you can explore each of Rell-Too's incarnations by downloading each here (Note: I see that most of the early ones are no longer available there, but some can still be found in the GoW thread posts). It's truly fascinating to see the collaborative work done on this Age by many of our own Writers. The harvester was added toward the end of Rell-Too's restoration.

An updated location for all the Rell-Too incarnations is here (with heartfelt thanks to Jojon for his work on this!!).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:15 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler: out of game
I often thought about adding to Rell-Too however their are some compatibility issues between Blender and 3DS Max and I would need to collaborate with someone who is more familiar with these issues then myself.

As far as moving this Sub to an additional age I still need some Fuel diesel oil or even sesame oil might work also Im not sure I wanna take the chance of shoving this monstrosity threw another linking panel.

Between the editing in the linking book to accommodate the size and structure of the sub and the fact that the book was kinda warm when I was done suggest an issue I had not taken into consideration. The GoW did tell me not to edit the linking books, use whats available. and their's still the sub in Lake D'ni I'm trying to figure out. If I move it again I might end up with 3 subs a burned out linking book and a lot of unanswered questions.

hmm I can find some fuel I may be able to pilot the sub to Bevin if its in the same lake

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: out of game
I often thought about adding to Rell-Too however their are some compatibility issues between Blender and 3DS Max and I would need to collaborate with someone who is more familiar with these issues then myself.

As far as moving this Sub to an additional age I still need some Fuel diesel oil or even sesame oil might work also Im not sure I wanna take the chance of shoving this monstrosity threw another linking panel.

Between the editing in the linking book to accommodate the size and structure of the sub and the fact that the book was kinda warm when I was done suggest an issue I had not taken into consideration. The GoW did tell me not to edit the linking books, use whats available. and their's still the sub in Lake D'ni I'm trying to figure out. If I move it again I might end up with 3 subs a burned out linking book and a lot of unanswered questions.

hmm I can find some fuel I may be able to pilot the sub to Bevin if its in the same lake

[Reveal] Spoiler: Out of Game Info
I don't wish to spoil the fun but I feel the need to point out to you Karkadann that the above info is not canon friendly. Neither one of those subs could have been added to the age through use of editing the linking books. Changes to an age can only be made by editing the Descriptive Book for an age, and I do not believe anyone currently has access to Teledahn's descriptive book, and I know for a fact no one has access to Earth's Descriptive Book. In addition adding man made objects to a Descriptive book is entirely dangerous and unpredictable and took Atrus a better part of 50 years to get right by the time of Myst IV.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Hmm. Could it be dismantled? Then could we carry it though a linking book one small piece at a time?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
I managed to get the sub to Teledahn although the linking book got a bit warm in the processes, :oops:
all I need to do now is find some fuel.

:D I took the original comment to mean Kark had found a way to transport the sub through the linking book, maybe the way you are suggesting Stone. So maybe the linking book got a thorough workout with all those trips and so almost overheated?

Karkadann wrote:

Or maybe not...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 am 

ChloeRhodes wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Out of Game Info
I don't wish to spoil the fun but I feel the need to point out to you Karkadann that the above info is not canon friendly. Neither one of those subs could have been added to the age through use of editing the linking books. Changes to an age can only be made by editing the Descriptive Book for an age, and I do not believe anyone currently has access to Teledahn's descriptive book, and I know for a fact no one has access to Earth's Descriptive Book. In addition adding man made objects to a Descriptive book is entirely dangerous and unpredictable and took Atrus a better part of 50 years to get right by the time of Myst IV.

Lemmy try that again
I never meant adding a man made object to an age using the descriptive book I meant editing the linking book so the linking panel can accommodate the size and structure of the sub, somewhere along the line something went wrong as I was trying to move the sub from one age to the next and for some reason It left a copy of itself behind cuz of my bad grammar and spelling?

It was originally supposed to be stuck in the ice of a Curling age, I guess I got side tracked, but thanks for the info Chloe I was never into the story as much as I was creating stuff that usually don't fit into the story

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 am 
Obduction Backer

[Reveal] Spoiler: Some stuff on Linking and Descriptive Books
The linking panels for the books are not described within the book and thus cannot be edited. They are known as Descriptive Box's or Panels. They appear as blank pages in a blank book. Once the age has been described into the Descriptive Book, they slowly turn into a black swirly void. Finally, once the age has been linked too, the black void becomes the Linking Panel we are familiar with. It is for these reasons that editing the Descriptive Book once one has linked through is so dangerous. Prior to linking you can edit it all you want because a link has yet to be established. Thus the description bounces from limb to limb on the Great Tree. But once you link through its like tying a rope to the branch. You can wrestle the rope up and down the branch little by little with a tug here and there. Pull on the rope too much, you break the branch or the rope. Thus the Descriptive Box's are part of the process that goes into making a blank book, and why most linking books have the same size descriptive panel. However, nothing suggests that you couldn't have attempted to link through with the sub, and the sub was just too large and thus ended with the effects you mentioned above. You just wouldn't have edited the book to resize the panel as that's not how the linking panel works. It's not described in the book at all, it's a part of the book.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:29 pm 

OK then I tried to link from one age to the next with the sub, the sub was to large something went wrong and it left a copy of itself behind. but now I need twice as much fuel, hmm unless I can do the same thing with a jerry-can

either way its not gonna be open source so im not to worried

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
On the other hand, remember how the spaceship linked to the Selenetic Age in Myst. Is something like that possible (IC) for the submarine?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

TOOO wrote:
On the other hand, remember how the spaceship linked to the Selenetic Age in Myst. Is something like that possible (IC) for the submarine?

No, there were two spaceships, one in each age, but identical like the gear and the boat. Atrus linked the materials to the Selenitic Age and built one there in addition to the one on Myst.

Founder of MYSTAges
Self-declared Bahro Historian
Member of Mystitech Productions