It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
This is really a beautiful job you've done.

Could I make a friendly suggestion, though? As you know, Marten and the The Great Tree have been wanting to finish video recreations of the Prologue episodes. Any help you could give them would really be great.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Guys, check out the blog page again!

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, KathAveara, this is great news despite the announced delay, but everything is now clearly structured and defined by the new 'Development Stages' table, just, as they've said, like in Cyan’s own former development schedule to conveniently overview and follow through the development process ... Just wonderful ... Way to go! DIRT:Uru Live team ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:05 am 

Thank you for the heads up!

I'm really looking forward to learn about the 2 ages named..."Unknown" :wink:

Really intriguing stuff to say the least (I hope you are aware of them...) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Really excited by the scope of this project. I can't wait to make the Descent! How so few of you are managing to accomplish so much is beyond me. A time machine maybe? Elixir of superspeed? A warehouse filled with Santa's elves:? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:28 pm 

this venture makes me want to dust off the yellow t-shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm 

sideshow118 wrote:
Really excited by the scope of this project. I can't wait to make the Descent! How so few of you are managing to accomplish so much is beyond me. A time machine maybe? Elixir of superspeed? A warehouse filled with Santa's elves:? :lol:

Perhaps they got a few Bahro working with them :mrgreen: :shock:

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

sideshow118 wrote:

Heh, well to be fair the project's existed in one form or another for six years. It started as just trying to put Descent into the game, then expanded as time went on till what it is now. Descent however still remains the largest part of it all. Unlike some of the other areas we're working on, Descent we had to take all the stuff we know about the DIRT version, the Myst V, and the Uru version, and try and sort it all out and combine it all into something that's new and fun, while at the same time making sure to stay as true to the source material of the books as we can. but I think we've come up with something everyone will appreciate ;)

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:39 am 
Obduction Backer

so excited about the project. can't wait to see it realized. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 pm 

Can you give a rough approximation on how big the initial download will be? I have a pretty limited internet access and would like to know if I can download it in one go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Man I should probably update the project list on Beneath too. Been neglecting the site too much lately :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:49 pm 

Very Impressive! And great feature with the Timelines in the Blog!
Looking forward to see this "for real"...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:51 am 
Obduction Backer

cpt-jericho wrote:
Can you give a rough approximation on how big the initial download will be? I have a pretty limited internet access and would like to know if I can download it in one go.

Rough estimate? The initial download will be somewhere between 150-175mgbs I think. Most of the ages on the project list won't be available at release time. The ages are intended to be rolled out monthly like was done under gametap. So each month, hopefully, a new age will be released. Thats our plan anyway.

Which, off topic, is not the reason for the delay, but a benefit of pushing back the release date. It's taken us a very long time to get to where we are now. We want to build up enough content to at least go a few months without worrying about the release schedule and not "having" something for people to do. With Cyan and Gametap they had a team working five days a week, 8-10 hours a day just building content. The big difference being that their team was paid of course, and we're doing this in our free time because we love the game so much and want to get fans coming back into the game again.

The trade off on that is of course while Cyan could do it at a faster pace, ours is much slower. So while Cyan, at launch, wanted at least one age in each stage of their pipeline, we want to have at least four ages in Phase 4, and 3 in stage four before we release publicly. This way we've got four months of content ready to go at release time, and 3 more months that is "almost" ready. This we have a somewhat steady stream ready at launch. It'd be great if we could have 12 ages all done and ready to be released at launch but I don't think we'll be able to do that with the time frame for launch we're looking at.

Also I've updated the list again, (Third time) after it was pointed out that I missed a few so I wanted to make sure I got them all this time. Hopefully i got them all this time :D

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:24 am 
Obduction Backer

you are doing an amazing job cloe ! i am in awe !!! we are so much looking forward to this shard. thanks, thanks, thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 am 

ChloeRhodes wrote:
Rough estimate? The initial download will be somewhere between 150-175mgbs I think. Most of the ages on the project list won't be available at release time. The ages are intended to be rolled out monthly like was done under gametap. So each month, hopefully, a new age will be released. Thats our plan anyway.

That's way smaller than I expected. No problem for me to download that in one go :D
I was expecting more than 2gbs :wink:

Looking forward to release and hope I will have time at hand to do a thorough exploration 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next