It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NaNoWriMo in URU
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 am 

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong forum section. Please move it if it's in the incorrect location!

Now, I know there are a few people -- at least in the past -- who take part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month ie November http://nanowrimo.org/) in which the goal is to write 50,000 words in a 30 day month. During the summer, there is what is Camp NaNoWriMo (http://campnanowrimo.org/) and you can get your own word goal to write during a designated month. This April, I've been plugging away at a 30,000 word goal.

Something I like to do, is to link into MOULa on my PC desktop and chose an Age that suits my mood or a certain scene that I'm writing, link to it and then type away on my laptop. If I'm relaxed, I like to go to one of the Eders. If I'm writing about something mysterious, then I might go to Kadish's vault and sit on the lit floor. Right now, I'm writing a scene that takes place in the desert (windy, dry, hot), so I'm having my character stand or sit in Minkata.

Does anyone else do this too? Or something along those lines.

(Also, really glad to be back. It's been a long two years since I've been able to login to MOULa.)

Atier KI#: 11273431 (Soon to change)
ATR KI#: 13663143 (Soon to change)
The Cavern is Image

Post subject: Re: NaNoWriMo in URU
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:46 am 

Hi alswaiter, and (kind of) welcome back!

I am participating in the NaNoWriMo events regularly, too! (Though I know none of the other Wrimo's here, so far.) I just signed in for July camp, by the way! Did you?

Hm, no, I never wrote a novel or anything while sitting in one of the Ages at the same time..., though I can imagine the Eders could be ideal for such. As well as some other places, according to the mood of the scene... But I did sometimes hear one of the soundtracks while writing, especially if there was any exploring of abandoned places in the story...