It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:47 pm 

Into The Deep

I have readied all my climbing gear....I have not done any serious climbing in a while..this could be interesting.
The thought of what I discovered in the Tree, has me puzzled. I must find out what the link is between the room with the S shaped table and 8 chairs, and the three families I discovered in the Tree areas.
As always..there has to be something.
After I get down into this pit I will update.

My estimation was off. The pit was over 300 feet. I had thought about 250, based on the rate of the flares fall....something is wrong.
I feel heavy and tired...the air is dense. I wish I had something to measure it, but I am certain that the gravity is different. Every step is labored.....that would explain the fall of my flare. I found a ledge, actually had seen it near the top, probably could have walked it, but I am glad I chose not to. In places it was broken and I would have had to re set my climbing rope several times. It is not like the great shaft..it is rough and crude.
In places it is stairs, others it is an uneven ramp.
At the bottom it was overgrown with roots..this tree, being as massive as it is, has an extensive root system. A path led clearly to the right. Follow...follow...follow. It was a long path. I walked for nearly an hour through a very dreary, almost scary root mass.
I came out through a door sized opening into a small cavern made of rock and wood It seemed to be a dead end.
The walls were riddled with cracks and holes, but nothing that could be entered.
I was able to make a fire, and set up a camp. I will explore the walls.....something is telling me there is more here than meets the eyes...but now I am tired, and must get some rest.
Catch you all later.

With all of my exploring I I have come to expect two things.
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Do not discount the obvious.

Both held true.
The cavern is not what it seems. I woke in the night with the strange feeling I was being watched. There were three patches on the walls that glowed.....and I almost made a mad run for the climbing rope and got out of here...but my curiosity made me stay.
In the morning I made up my camp fire and re-lit my torches....the areas that glowed were etched clearly in my mind. I did not expect this cavern to hold any answers...and the answers were so obvious I did the forehead slap and DUH'ed myself!!! The lit areas had very distinct cracks....and as soon as I realized this I knew them immediately. The shape of.....a saw, a hand loom and a chisel was clearly seen.
No wonder he threw those tools.....I needed them...but why did he want me to have them?
What was going to happen if I accessed whatever was there?
Was this going to be a mistake?

The people did not seem to be threatening in any way. The intense look of fear, mingled with concern on their faces could not have been misread. The fear, in not knowing who I was and why I was there...for the one man obviously knew I was there...and the concern....almost as if they wondered if I was going to be a help or a threat.
Two things I know....
The area was dead, except for those cute critters in each area when the tools were present in the area. There was limited access to the areas unless all lights were on or all lights were off. If only some lights were on I could only go into areas where light was still off. In order for free access to all areas, all lights had to be on.

So.....I have no time to waste. The answer seems too obvious to ignore. I will put the tools into their respective cracks...... and see what happens.

As before I will stick to the colour order. Red was the saw, Green was the chisel and Blue was the hand loom. As I put the items into the cracks the areas glowed, as I had noticed in the night. Now, with an alert mind I can see that the area glowing is a door...but nothing happened..nothing after each tool. And nothing after all three tools were in place....what am I missing?
I searched my pack sack....ah..duh again. I had taken two chisels. I removed the one, and replaced it with the other....strange...even though the one chisel made the door glow, only this one made the doors open...and as before they just simply disappeared.

All three doors stood open before me. I examined each one from the relative safety of this cavern. All seemed fine. I saw no sign of life.
The tree areas were somewhat crude. Homes built into the wood, carved right out of the roots. They almost looked like stone. I could smell the aroma of fresh dirt and wood smells...cedar, pine and spruce, all intermingled.
Each living area seemed to be the home of one family....were these alternate living areas for my Tree families?
...I am going to go into them and detail each one. Maybe I can find clues...I hope I can find clues to who they are. I will update you later.

I spent six days exploring this age. As suspected this age is linked to the families I encountered earlier in Angels's Tree. I found the evidence I needed right off in each area. The farmers from the redwood area had this home decorated with those small green frogs. I wondered how they knew about the frogs since they were not in the age together...but they knew, and I will sort out the how later. The wood workers of the Cedar forest, had multitudes of those adorable birds carved all over the place. Also my sheep herders, had a mirad of small monkeys....no doubt that this age is linked.
I saw no sign of the people. Presumably they are in their respective ages, as I had left them. It has not been long since they left this age, I assume they left, as I gave power to their homes in the Tree. The thinks left behind are of a holiday nature. This seems to be a vacation spot. The doors to the three stand open and I can come and go in each freely. In the other ages they do not seem to be able to mingle. They are like hired workers, left to do a specific job. Is that the life they prefer...or do they want to be here?
If those ages are powered off......then they are here.....if they are on, then they are there, working. Hard to see how the two could be set to be manageable by the families themselves. There must be something I am missing. I do not want to upset the balance of their lives.
I took the tools that opened these doors.....I tried to return them.....they did not want them. Was I suppose to do something else with the tools?
How did the tools get left in the ages? Someone else was here.....that is why the fear...someone made them afraid.
When the power was on , the man did not take the tools out of the door...he could not...he threw them out. He could not......but the tools needed to be out.
I must go back to the Tree and see what I am missing. I dare not upset the balance of yet another age.
I took the tools from the walls and the doors closed. I will go back up to the Tree and see what I am missing....somehow I have to fix this age. Someone has been here and messed it up.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

great to have a new episode! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:36 pm 

Climbing up was a lot harder than going down. Having the gravity different really threw me off. The only thing that made the climb bearable was that I was able to use the existing ledge and reset my climbing rope. The similarities between this and the Great Shaft are amazing. There must have been some D'ni influence to this place. This is a very large age. All of the links within it are not linked with books. The mist veil and the moss veil are links, separate from books, but links none-the-less.
Once I was back in the room with the S table I decided it was time for a rest. Nothing seemed changed since I was here last. If the families need to come here they have not been able to do so. I must figure out why. The key must be the tools. My mind was racing. I could not sleep. Investigations are necessary.
I started to search every inch of the table. The three chairs closest to the control panel had a difference to them, small, but noticeable after examination. Two differences actually, the chair and the table tops. The chairs had seats that seemed to be pressure sensitive. I was hesitant to sit in them, not knowing what would happen. I sat.....tentitively. Nothing in chair 1..2...but # 3 caused the table top, which was the other difference, to glow..in the shape of a chisel. I retrieved the chisel from my packsack that had worked in the cave. The other one I had left behind, as it was not the working one. I sat again, and when the glow was on I placed the chisel on the glow.
The chisel melded into the table!
I sat amazed. Then all of the sudden an alarm sounded, the recessed 12 lights on the walls flashed red, and the chisel popped out of the table top!!
Obviously as in other places, I needed all three in place for something to work. What was it about this chair, that worked for me. This was the chair of the woodcarvers age. The man and wife and two boys. Whose chair was this?
The man in this age was large, probably about 200 pounds. The woman was my size.
Was this the woman's chair?
In order to test my theory I needed some weights.
I had to go back to the caves and fill my packsack with rocks. The two older people in the red area were slight of build, and all of the other adults in the areas were large. In the blue area I would say very large, probably 250 pounds.
I may need a lot of rocks if my theory is right.
....but now that I have thought this through I need some rest.
If I am going to get 100 pounds of rocks I need to be rested.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 pm 

Okay, I have approximately 100 pounds of rocks, with nothing with which to weigh them, I had to make a guess. I have carried 100 pound bags of chicken feed, so I know how that weight feels.
To get all the tools on the table I was going to have to move fast. I set the tools close by their spots, set the bag of rocks close to blue area chair, and readied myself to move from chair to chair and to then set the bag of rocks alone on the red area chair, as it was the older ladies chair, and she was small...maybe 100 pounds.
Okay...trial...sit in green area chair...place chisel....move fast... grab rocks.... sit in blue area chair... place hand loom ...move fast.... place rocks on red area chair and ....alarm sounded, the recessed 12 lights on the walls flashed red, and the chisel , and hand loom popped out of the table top!! Not fast enough.

Repeated this procedure...too many times. Came to the conclusion that I need more rocks. So.......off I went to get 150 pounds of rocks for the green chair. If I only have to move to place rocks from off my lap in blue area chair to red area chair then I should be fine...whew, just thinking of doing this makes me tired.

Back....This better work of I just may....no, I can not forget it. I can not quit. Someone has made the lives of these people one of continuous work. I have to set it right.

I set 150 pounds of rocks in the green area chair, and set the chisel close by. I needed to see how long the glow would stay on to get the tools in place. They stayed on....until I moved the rocks, so that will help the time problem. I replaced the rocks and readied the chisel, the table glowed. I then readied the saw by the red area chair, to place it as soon as I moved the rocks., after the hand loom melded.......so confusing. This would be like trying to do an Eder...would be better with three people...of course it is meant to be done with the three inhabitants of the ages, the three ladies. I readied the loom by the blue area, and proceeded to try my experiment.

150 pounds of rocks on green area....me and 100 pounds of rocks on blue area...hand loom in... 100 pounds of rocks on red area...saw in...run to place chisel in...whew...wow...it worked!!!! The 12 lights came on, this time green, red and blue, 4 of each, on each of the three walls. Also...in the center of each wall a door opened. I could see through to each of the areas. The blue spruce, the redwood, and the cedar, all open, all alive...this was a direct link, separate from the little room I had found earlier. This link was for the people...the other....was for the creator...or the destroyer!!
I had remade their link. I went to the stairs that led to the base of my Tree and stood in the doorway. Slowly, one by one the people came into the room, and looked puzzled at the mess I had made. The one man looked right at me, as if he could see me, but by the reaction of the others I knew that he could not. He gave a slight smile and a nod. A thank-you.
I made my way back down the stairs......and then climbed back down into the deep to see what effect was there. As I was climbing I realized something...I did not have the tools, I was not going to be able to open those doors....of course...they needed them...but how do they get here??? surely they do not climb down this hole!
I was soon to have my answer. I walked through the cavern and I found myself at the door to the little 4 foot room with the furniture pieces...the room that I had originally accessed the three ages. I stood trying to piece it all together. This room is one-and-the-same somehow, with the deep hole cavern. As I stood in there trying to piece it all together the people came in. Behind them I could see the smooth walls of the tunnel that led from the control room, the same place I had come through just minutes before, was different from the vantage of the control room as opposed to the deep cave. I took the old chisel out of my back pack and laid it on the floor. The man from the green cedar age picked it up, and with that same smile, put it in his pocket. He then pressed the green map light, which I had not noticed was lit, and each in turn pressed their map light. The doors opened and they went into what was now the living ages I had found through the cave walls. The power in the tools, they gave life, they made these people's existence full.
Content that I had set things right I headed out, I was going to go through the caves, climb up the cave, and head out the door through my Tree....but the tunnel was not my cave anymore....they had opened the door, and the tunnel was their reality, was their age. It led back to the control room, and to a shock for me. My entrance to my tree was blocked. I could not get out. The same smooth black walls that made up this room covered the doorway!!!!

I tried everything I could think of, and at the last I finally had to relto out. Sad... I will try to get back to this spot, but my exploration has already taken me down another path....watch for Angelmyst's Adventures ,to continue.

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:57 am 

End of fourth adventure.

KI #03313934