It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's been a while since I've posted anything regarding progress of my Ages and whatnot.

I have a tendency to cycle through projects, working a fair amount on one Age before moving to another, and then another, and so forth. Mainly because I have a lot of projects I want to get done but also so I don't get too burnt out on a single location.

At the moment I am cycling between a new build of Fehnir's House, Fahets, and Fehrehmto (I really like my F's apparently)

Fehnir's house has received a lot of work in the new build. I've scaled the room up slightly and retextured a lot with better textures. As well as adding new lighting/lightmaps and buildings to better reflect that it is in the city.

I've also been working on a secondary room which will factor in when Ahryahn and Lehns are added.

Images are in spoiler tags as to not break the forum layout.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Fehrehmto is another Age I've been working on, very Bahro inspired. It's a small Age which will house the IC version of me's Bahro Research.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

And finally Fahets. I've now rebuilt Fahets a good 6 or 7 times, it took me a long time to be able to expand the Age in a manner that I liked. The basin from the original version is there, albeit heavily changed and there is a good more area to explore (it's about 4 or 5 times bigger than it was originally). I've replaced a lot of the textures with better versions and updated the models on the Norapods to make them a bit more plant like. There's a crap tonne of new wildlife added and I'm hoping to introduce a rudimentary puzzle of sorts. I'm also introducing FahetsCove (which you can only get to via Linking which will be small area tied to the story of the Age) and later FahetsVale which is a dangerous area of Fahets which at first will include a Pod like from the pod Ages and perhaps later will allow access to the area outside but only with a maintainer suit (poisonous atmosphere in that area).

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Still got a fair amount of work to do on these Ages, haven't finalized lighting (although Fahets will remain dark as I like the atmosphere it creates) and need to implement animations on a few things.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 pm 

Looks great.
Keep us informed on these ages.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Wow, very exciting and interesting images, Tweek. Makes me want to explore them. Thanks so much for sharing the images. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the areas myself one day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:15 am 

Nice screens Tweek! The update to Fehnir's House is great! I am curious though, IC wise where is it location in D'ni?

I am also rather astounded by Fahets! As you said it's a lot bigger and I like me a vast age full of story! I see you've put a lore stone in that forth screenshot! I love the design and am very curious to see how it works! Will this bit of story in the age be like the first step in learning about the character "Lore"?

That Bahro Stone and Spiral device in Fehrehmto make me very curious as to what we will learn when we visit that age.

Overall loving it all. :)

~Ty~

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is gorgeous, unearthly beauty, this is dazzling ingenuity and artfulness, this is excellence ... this is Tweek ... Thanks for sharing ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ty wrote:
Nice screens Tweek! The update to Fehnir's House is great! I am curious though, IC wise where is it location in D'ni?

I am also rather astounded by Fahets! As you said it's a lot bigger and I like me a vast age full of story! I see you've put a lore stone in that forth screenshot! I love the design and am very curious to see how it works! Will this bit of story in the age be like the first step in learning about the character "Lore"?

That Bahro Stone and Spiral device in Fehrehmto make me very curious as to what we will learn when we visit that age.

~Ty~

Ae'gura, I purposely tried to be vague about the location of the house.

Yeah I'm not sure if the Lore Stone will be working in Fahets when the update is released or whether I'll push a smaller update later to activate it. The stones rely on a lot of other things needing to be sorted out. Fahets would actually be the second step...Cass has the first stone in it. But yeah the plan is to reveal more about who "Lore" is and his involvement in a larger picture.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wonder what a 'Lore' stone is, how it might be possible to recognize it as such, and why would one implement a stone in place of a personality, a trapped soul or so ? ... but maybe you've talked about that already before with Ty and/or a 'Lore' stone is sth you find in other games nowadays, but I didn't hear about that yet ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Tweek wrote:
But yeah the plan is to reveal more about who "Lore" is and his involvement in a larger picture.

Data's brother? Just kidding. Seriously, though, it's a gorgeous looking Age, and I'm looking forward to the finished product!

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
I wonder what a 'Lore' stone is, how it might be possible to recognize it as such, and why would one implement a stone in place of a personality, a trapped soul or so ? ... but maybe you've talked about that already before with Ty and/or a 'Lore' stone is sth you find in other games nowadays, but I didn't hear about that yet ... :D

The stones allow players to proceed through the story and access the various Ages. Each Age has a stone that leads to an Age called Maho. In Maho there are a tonne of stones that lead elsewhere but the stones are not all accessible in one go. At least, that's the plan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ahhh, wow, awesome, that's what it is, so it is in the fifth of your pictures above ... I faintly remember seeing this on the GoW forums related to your Vaal'lin world and you've described this technology a couple years ago I believe ... So, this is your concept and there seems to be a 'Lore' behind this all, and Maho will be sth like our Nexus ... Yeah, great, thank you, Tweek ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:19 am 

Tweek wrote:
Ty wrote:

~Ty~

Ae'gura, I purposely tried to be vague about the location of the house.

Yeah I'm not sure if the Lore Stone will be working in Fahets when the update is released or whether I'll push a smaller update later to activate it. The stones rely on a lot of other things needing to be sorted out. Fahets would actually be the second step...Cass has the first stone in it. But yeah the plan is to reveal more about who "Lore" is and his involvement in a larger picture.

I guessed that Fehnir's was in Ae'gura, glade to see I was right. :) I remember Cass! I always wanted to see more of it and I think I remember you posting a screenshot of a new area in that age a while back. Are you still working on it? or is that age kind of on the back burner of your age pipeline?

Best Regards
~Ty~

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Yep I'm still working on Cass.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Rebuilt most of the layout yet again, got rid of having wings and opted for a layout more akin to the Ae'gura library. Layout is all done, just working on adding art and artifacts and sorting out all the lighting and animation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:10 pm 

Nice picture!

We will be able to see the full museum one day :D

I saw your floor plan somewhere... it might be on your Beneath blog. I hope it will make the way up to MOULa one day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Rebuilt most of the layout yet again, got rid of having wings and opted for a layout more akin to the Ae'gura library. Layout is all done, just working on adding art and artifacts and sorting out all the lighting and animation.

*So* looking forward to seeing this too!

And while we're talking about Cass, I am *really* hoping we eventually learn more about that graffiti incident** in Tochoortahv someday... :)

**For folks who missed it back in 2009, Tweek's other journal entries relating to this Age incident are here, here, here, here, here and here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 am 

Tweek wrote:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Wowzah! my good sir, wowzah! oO!

~Yeesha~