It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:33 pm 

Personally I'd prefer having the pods in a single book as well, it would make more sense that way. To be honest I don't expect it to change though, unless Uru receives another kind of Great Scream/reboot.

Though some people say that there are ancient tales of a place beyond the Shell, where the four pod books unite, and... [REDACTED]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
I'd suggest it is a byproduct of game design not Bahro/Yeesha magic.

Is there really a distinction? Aren't those really just two names for the same thing? One is IC, one is OOC.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok, I can live with Bah'ro magic.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 am 

Quote:
And again, it only works if the books is a "Journey" age. But if its a normal age than will it not get an icon?

Well I would say no. I actually never understood why we got the Jalak book on our shelf actually for that very reason. I mean, it didn't have anything to do with the quest. Unlike the pods and Minkata which made sense.

Tweek wrote:
Because Linking Books don't have multiple Linking Panel pages...regardless of whether it is the same Age or not, lore wise the areas should have their own Books.

Tweek is spot on here. Plus, remember guys that some of these pod ages were set to be expanded upon. I know Negilahn was going to grow. So we would of eventually left these pods and gone into the wider worlds. A good way to look at them is setting the stage books. Sure they are small now but eventually would of become larger worlds and made you feel better about having four of them on your shelf.

Quote:
As for the two empty spaces in the city books section, I always imagined they could've been for Delin and Tsogal. That wouldn't work the way they are currently though, as only one of both ages belongs to your hood. Thus you would only ever have one of the two on your shelf. And they would have to be magically deleted together with your hood book.

I really wanted those books on my shelf as well... I was never a fan of hood only for those ages either.

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Ty wrote:
Quote:
Plus, remember guys that some of these pod ages were set to be expanded upon. I know Negilahn was going to grow. So we would of eventually left these pods and gone into the wider worlds. A good way to look at them is setting the stage books. Sure they are small now but eventually would of become larger worlds and made you feel better about having four of them on your shelf

I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here but, other than speculation amongst us fans, I've never once heard that we were supposed to "leave the pods" in anyway by anyone from Cyan or the DRC. I know there was speculation about it based on the "Vika" age looking similar to the outside of Negilahn but than Cyan confirmed that the Vika age was never more than a test bed age that they had made during engine development to test outdoor areas. Speculation about it in MOUL began because of the numbered plates for the pods. It was thought they were trap doors, led to a underground system for traveling all sorts of weird things. Then the map came out and it was revealed that they were indeed just plates with numbers meant too correspond with their associated number on the map.

The expansion of Negilahn would have probably been limited to the addition of more creatures once the Bahro war had subsided, this would have allowed players to see more than just the Urwin and .Monkey but also some of the other animals that Negilahn was going to be home too.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:00 am 

ChloeRhodes wrote:
Ty wrote:
Quote:
Plus, remember guys that some of these pod ages were set to be expanded upon. I know Negilahn was going to grow. So we would of eventually left these pods and gone into the wider worlds. A good way to look at them is setting the stage books. Sure they are small now but eventually would of become larger worlds and made you feel better about having four of them on your shelf

I hate to be the one to burst the bubble here but, other than speculation amongst us fans, I've never once heard that we were supposed to "leave the pods" in anyway by anyone from Cyan or the DRC. I know there was speculation about it based on the "Vika" age looking similar to the outside of Negilahn but than Cyan confirmed that the Vika age was never more than a test bed age that they had made during engine development to test outdoor areas. Speculation about it in MOUL began because of the numbered plates for the pods. It was thought they were trap doors, led to a underground system for traveling all sorts of weird things. Then the map came out and it was revealed that they were indeed just plates with numbers meant too correspond with their associated number on the map.

The expansion of Negilahn would have probably been limited to the addition of more creatures once the Bahro war had subsided, this would have allowed players to see more than just the Urwin and .Monkey but also some of the other animals that Negilahn was going to be home too.

Really? Well if that's true I stand corrected. Still, I'd like to think it would've. I mean, it makes sense to expand in those ages. :)

~Ty~

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
If I were making my own version of Uru, I'd make the Pod bookshelf book into a reward that you get when you've completed the puzzle.

If I were making my own version of Uru, everything would be extremly simplified to this:

Books with "Yeesha's Mandala" have been tampered with by Yeesha and can add books to your bookshelf.

Books without her stamp do not get added to your shelf, and you just link through them normally.

Bahro stones add pages to an existing book on your shelf.

You'll note with the exception of rule 2 the other rules are currently in affect in present day Uru :D

Ty wrote:
Really? Well if that's true I stand corrected. Still, I'd like to think it would've. I mean, it makes sense to expand in those ages. :)

It does make sense to expand in that age. Thats why there's 9 other pods listed just on that one section of the Pod Map. and at least 25 pods in total. :wink:

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chloe: Sane and consistent behavior?! Hallelujah!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:11 am 

Quote:
It does make sense to expand in that age. Thats why there's 9 other pods listed just on that one section of the Pod Map. and at least 25 pods in total. :wink

25?! Good grief, when D'ni observe they don't mess around. :shock:

~Yeesha~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 am 

sometime I wish we could have visited those other pods :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I wonder if Cyan had that planned....

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:01 pm 

Does anyone know how many books can fit on your bookshelft?

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Jamie Marchant wrote:
Does anyone know how many books can fit on your bookshelft?
There appears to be 18 slots on each level, so 36.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 am 
Obduction Backer

I always liked the idea of having additional symbols for the tabs in CC but it should be the pod spiral symbol for the pod books, the zigzag with circles symbol for Minkata. And Jalak? I suppose I'd just give it a simple square symbol.

In general I like the CC book layout a lot more than MOUL's. It makes the most sense to have the Cleft book first, followed by the main bahro pole quest ages. After all, they are important ages and are (usually) first accessed from Relto itself.

But really, the biggest problem for me with the MOUL layout is those two blank spaces for the 4th and 5th books (and then they put Myst in the last spot of the bottom shelf for some reason). I really don't like having those holes in between possible-to-attain books.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Those two empty slots look terribly deliberate, don't they?