It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ainia wrote:
Tweek wrote:
Yep I'm still working on Cass.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Rebuilt most of the layout yet again, got rid of having wings and opted for a layout more akin to the Ae'gura library. Layout is all done, just working on adding art and artifacts and sorting out all the lighting and animation.

*So* looking forward to seeing this too!

And while we're talking about Cass, I am *really* hoping we eventually learn more about that graffiti incident** in Tochoortahv someday... :)

**For folks who missed it back in 2009, Tweek's other journal entries relating to this Age incident are here, here, here, here, here and here.

Yep, I do plan on explaining all that :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Thank you for providing those great links, Ainia!

My initial reaction to this link is
[Reveal] Spoiler: an IC rant:
Typical old-school D'ni! They didn't believe Anna should even visit an age, much less be able to write one, but she did and it was great! Ditto for Katran. So there! Tweek, I'm sure you won't allow this incident to sway you from your mission, but just know that you have many supporters for it. Heek, I would even volunteer to take a turn on guard duty. Good luck with your work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Thank you for providing those great links, Ainia!

My initial reaction to this link is
[Reveal] Spoiler: an IC rant:
Typical old-school D'ni! They didn't believe Anna should even visit an age, much less be able to write one, but she did and it was great! Ditto for Katran. So there! Tweek, I'm sure you won't allow this incident to sway you from your mission, but just know that you have many supporters for it. Heek, I would even volunteer to take a turn on guard duty. Good luck with your work.

Total agreement with Tai' here! Apparently, many surviving D'ni still haven't tamed their cultural issues of pride...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
janaba1 wrote:
I wonder what a 'Lore' stone is, how it might be possible to recognize it as such, and why would one implement a stone in place of a personality, a trapped soul or so ? ... but maybe you've talked about that already before with Ty and/or a 'Lore' stone is sth you find in other games nowadays, but I didn't hear about that yet ... :D

The stones allow players to proceed through the story and access the various Ages. Each Age has a stone that leads to an Age called Maho. In Maho there are a tonne of stones that lead elsewhere but the stones are not all accessible in one go. At least, that's the plan.

Shorah everyone,

For folks who are curious about the Lore stones (and have plenty of time on their hands :mrgreen:), you might find a couple of my library books of interest here.

After Tweek disappeared in 2012 and it seemed he was no longer interested in Uru, I snagged his Beneath web journal entries and turned them into a couple of books. I was worried that all his wonderful work and history with The Third Path might soon become lost to us (as has happened with so much of our history over the years).

I've recently learned from Tweek that he is in the process of reviewing all his old Beneath blog entries ("in all his spare time") and rolling out the old ones once he has vetted/updated them as needed. So many of his entries concerning the Lore stones, Kehrahn and Fahets are missing from Beneath right now but are expected to show up again. In the meanwhile, you can read all those old posts in the two Relto library compilation journals (just keep in mind that as he updates/correct his old entries, I will try to update those journals to match).

If you want to view a couple of his Beneath (online) journal entries peripherally related to the Lore stones, check here and here.

Enjoy! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:03 am 
Obduction Backer

This is magnificent, this is our Ainia all over and par excellence ... :P

What an awesome tribute and honor to one of our greatest D'ni age writers and storytellers ... and what a mighty Uru/D'ni legacy you are creating and will be leaving behind one day yourself, Ainia, though I cannot conceive of it in the foreseeable future, and so, it thus remains to say thank you for continuously exploring, growing, expanding and sharing ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm 

spooky how Fehrehmto cave looks similar to a render I did in Vue a while back

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Cool work Tweek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

That's cool.

I was actually inspired by

[Reveal] Spoiler: Mellisani Cave Greece

and

[Reveal] Spoiler: this place

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is absolutely beautiful, Szark, one can almost smell the greenery and feel and hear the soft winds in the grove of palms etc., but it is a lush oasis, while Tweek's version is more like another cave, a very interesting one, in a desert like Minkata ... However, great job, nevertheless, maybe we'll see more of you too one day (?) ... :P

Besides that it is nice to glance through all the development stages and stories going along with them in Ainia's wonderful documents of Tweek's ages mentioned above and so much more of course, and when I look at your new Cass version above, Tweek, what a great progress it has undergone again already, and I wonder if you're still considering to implement and are working on the Harbingers, Restorers and Growers Wings etc. ... If I understand that correctly they're supposed to be expansions, sth like museum wings and part of Cass ... :)

Ok, that's it for now ... Seeing your new pictures posted, which inspired you, Tweek, I wonder if the Fehrehmto cave will remain a desert age ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Re:Cass - The wings as they were are no more. The layout is a circular structure with two floors now. Top floor is about D'ni and the second floor is DRC/Bahro/Restoration related. The structure of the building allows for me to add more floors if I wish in future expansions but as it stands there is just two floors now.

Re:Fehrehmto - The image posted earlier in the thread is an earlier progress shot. The "cave" area has more plantlife and the water/waveset put back in place. The goal for the pool was to have wildlife grow up over time with new updates being pushed that would have trees growing and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
Re:Cass - The wings as they were are no more. The layout is a circular structure with two floors now. Top floor is about D'ni and the second floor is DRC/Bahro/Restoration related. The structure of the building allows for me to add more floors if I wish in future expansions but as it stands there is just two floors now.

Re:Fehrehmto - The image posted earlier in the thread is an earlier progress shot. The "cave" area has more plantlife and the water/waveset put back in place. The goal for the pool was to have wildlife grow up over time with new updates being pushed that would have trees growing and stuff.

Wow, sounds awesome, thanks for the update ... :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:30 pm 

Makes me wonder if that cave I used was inspired by the same pics Tweek. I really like what you are doing and it fits so well with Uru. This is the sort of thing many of us have been waiting for to help continue Uru and to keep it alive.

Janaba thanks yeah I was referring more to the cave than anything else. ;) Seeing more of me could be on the cards but since leaving Uru I have developed more artistic and modeling skills all in the hope of making my own ages. Unfortunately my time these days is limited due to trying to set up a tutorial online business centered around Daz Studio.

For so long I have had an idea in my head for years now and even if I just make it for myself or at least do some concept renders I would be happy. I would prefer making ages as a team effort and many years ago Theremin and I tried to get a team together but failed. We even tried to convey that our ideas were just that ideas and stressed we didn't want to make one person vision but more of a team effort of collated ideas but that still didn't sway people. We have a backstory fleshed out to drive the ages in what they might have looked like etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah this is a bit of a problem. There aren't a lot of people in the community who actively build stuff, those who do already have their own projects and ideas they are working on so taking on someone else's ideas adds more work and slows their own stuff down.

Aside from this Intangibles stuff, I don't work with others because of my own stuff. I have a good 8 or 9 Ages/areas to build for what I'm working on and thus far I've only got about 45% of it completed. I'd not be working on Intangibles if it wasn't about the Ages it's about.

Now this is going to sound a lot harsher than I actually mean it (and not specifically directed at you Szark), but if you have an idea for an Age you want to see formed...do it yourself. That is going to be your best option for seeing it come to fruition. Blender is free, the GoW has some good tutorials on the Wiki you can soon get something going.
I jumped into it, taught myself how to build Ages and 6 months later I released the first version of Fahets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:02 am 

No that is not harsh at all Tweek but realistic. I know Blender well with rendering with Cycles and know a bit about modeling in Blender too. All I have trouble with is wiring as I would like to do stuff the PRP doesn't do. I also have good Photoshop skills for texture making so I am getting to a stage where I can do most stuff myself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm 

I´ve always liked your ages, Tweek, and what I´ve seen in this thread really blows my mind! I can´t wait to visit these ages and experience their story!

This said, I have a small question - I really liked for example the old Fahets, the one which was rather small with a sunny sky - any chance, we could see that one too, as - say - an alternate version of the "real" Fahets?

Will the rectangular room that was Cass be included in the new version in any way?

I´m really happy that you still are part of the community and still building ages, because I´ve always felt your ages belong to the best ones done by a fan, on par with many of Cyans ages.

Looking forward to updates!

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Funny you should mention this. I do actually have a mechanism in place for players to see the older version of Fahets. It won't be exactly the same however, it does have new textures and better Norapod models. I also plan on introducing a cool little feature to the Age as well if I can get it working (still researching that).

As for Cass. The old rectangular room is still there, it is actually the Link in point for the Age. Like Fahets there is a means to access the burnt room as well (the burnt room is actually quite important to the story).