It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr, as I read it Mr Magic is saying that he could send an announcement cavern-wide, but that nobody has asked him to do so yet.

Besides, isn't that what /autoshout does already?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:18 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

/autoshout is to let everyone in the same age hear you.

In the sense that this thread is using it, "cavern-wide" means all ages, everywhere. i.e., not just the Cavern.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I see. I would call that "game-wide", and I've not seen any sign of that occurring. But it is the sort of thing the Guild of Messengers could use, for instance.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
AlanD wrote:
I would call that "game-wide", and I've not seen any sign of that occurring
Mister Magic wrote:
following server recovery, the robot has sent a message to all players online at the time this message was sent.

AlanD wrote:
But it is the sort of thing the Guild of Messengers could use, for instance.
No, they shouldn't. No one should. I was being facetious when I suggested it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree. No game-wide messages except from Cyan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:11 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree that game-wide broadcasts should be the sole domain of the server administrator (in this case, Cyan).

I also understand that it was a one-time bug. Just... please on everyone's behalf, don't let it happen again. The Magic hood and bots ARE neat stuff, and it would suck if Cyan took it away because of a mistake or misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am 

I would like to summarize what has been said in this topic so that you understand my position.

1 Before the crash of seveurs Magic Treasure had sent a message to all players in the "Fabulous Magical Treasure", and them alone.

2 After the reopening of the server, I tested if the new Magic Treasure was well operational.
But what I had forgotten is that the list of players had changed and so, some have received this message although they are not members of the FMT.
So it was a mistake I repaired by submitting this list to zero.

3 From now on, again, only players who contact MP Bots receive messages. If you no longer wish to receive them, put my bots on ignore list.

4 I proposed there several months ago, if you had an important announcement to make, a robot could send, to all players on line, this message.
This announcement would have been temporary. It was just a proposal and not a desire on my part to do that.
But there is another possibility, that should satisfy everyone.: This is the system of "News letter" sent only to those who want to stay informed of important events. Any player who wants to know what will happen in the coming days, send a command to the robot (eg NEWS) and receive this information in the form of KI email. I think, with the support of the guild of Messengers, it would be a great tool to use in the cave: "The newsletter of the GOMe in live"

5 My robots are not there to annoy anyone. They were created to offer, those who wish, new puzzles to solve, while retaining the spirit of Uru in its existing ages.
I ask each of you, not to criticize my work before visiting in company with the robots, those magical ages.
There is enough room in the cave so that every player can express his talent: creation of new ages, Skydiving, musical Encounters, dances, study age, learning the D'ni language , chat room, spectacular effects created by the "gray hats" and also interactive games with robots.

Which must remain intact is the spirit of Uru: Visit, solve puzzles alone or with others, help new players and those who have difficulty in solving riddles.

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Thank you, Mister Magic, for addressing our concerns. I appreciate that you took the time to clearly explain things. I'm afraid it's human nature for people to fear, or at least be disturbed by, things they don't understand and I'll admit that was the case here for me. OHB faced similar reactions to his bot, but the way in which he quickly addressed each and every concern that was posted (and did so with great humor) allowed his bot to weather the firestorm of criticism. I am glad you're doing the same.

Finally, I just want to acknowledge that I am aware that your hard work with your bots has created many new activities for the cavern and contributed greatly to entertaining the explorers and keeping the cavern active. So, thank you for all do you for Uru. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Agreed. The bots are great and do a great job! You've done some excellent work and are to be commended!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 am 

OHB wrote:
Agreed. The bots are great and do a great job! You've done some excellent work and are to be commended!

After having played Fantastic Magical Treasure for a few days, I second that statement.