It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:15 pm 

Please feel free to comment.....

The Adventures of Angelmyst

Wonder why I am really in the Cavern? Well the secret is about to be revealed. Someday I will let you know what I found. Needless to say I am back and am deciding to share this adventure with you. What I found is truly wonderful, but some details have to be sorted out before I dare share it with all of you. Here is the beginning of my journey.

12/10/10

" I no longer know him, but I know you Atrus. Measure your own deeds against the truths I have taught you. If you act for self-gain then no good can come of it. If you act selflessly, then you act well for all and you must not be afraid."
pg 87 MYST The book of Atrus by Rand and Robyn Millar, Hyperion, New York

The words of Anna to Atrus, before he left on his journey down, through the tunnels to the city of the D'ni with Ghen, echo in my heart. The need, the desire to retrace those steps are why I have come to this place. I have spent months learning as much as I can about the comings and goings of those who come to this place. I long to find the way back up to the Cleft, through the tunnels. The way Ghen and Atrus came down. After hearing of Ghen, and his journey with young Atris to the city of the D'ni, I feel I have to retrace their steps. I will work when the city is quiet. Seems that explorers are few at various times of the day, so I should be able to work in secret. Very few come to this section of the ferry terminal and I can keep my work hidden in the waters of the Lake. The beginnings, may very well be my end---but so be it.

15/10/10
There are several pieces of material I can access to get a vessel to float. The DRC were very careful to leave nothing around, but my work in carpentry has taught me a few things. I can carve easily with stone, as the wood that is available is soft. Some nice tight tongue and groove fittings should hold long enough for me to get across the water. and even though the wood is wet, it will stay tight in the water. I found one small vessel, nearly completely submerged, that will not be missed by any explorer. No one pays that much attention to this shore.

18/10/10
Some one almost caught me today as I was sinking my boat out of sight. I was just about to come out of the water, when I saw him. So glad for the relto book.

19/10/10
I have decided to move my boat way over to down below the cliffs behind the Library. Very few explorers have been able to make their way down there, and the chances of getting caught are slim. An explorer has taught me well to get down there safely, and if I work behind the fallen structures I can be out of sight to all but a few who have managed to make it down there.

23/10/10
Moving the boat was easy...thankfully. I had to bail as I paddled but it is safely hidden. Now I have been able to work uninterrupted for hours. I heard explorers up above, but they can not see me. I have heard the sound of linking and suspect that someone is trying to come down here, and falling. I will sink my craft and come back another time. Do not want to be here if they succeed in making it!

24/10/10
Being so close to having my vessel seaworthy, I have to be here every day. My work on the surface will have to take a back seat. I figure 3 days of solid work will have my boat ready to go.

25/10/10
My estimates were wrong. This will be done today, especially if I get as many hours of work as I managed yesterday. I was watching the events posted, and the 27th would be a perfect day to launch. A 'heek' tournament is planned for that day, so I should be able to slip across the water unseen.

26/10/10
I have all my supplies together. If all my calculations are right I should cross the waters in about two hours. I am curious to go to K'veer, to explore it from this vantage point is almost too much to resist, but if I should run into someone, or be seen.......no, I must just head past the arch, as fast as I can go.
I have settled all my business on the surface, so they know I will be on 'holiday'. If all goes horribly wrong I have the security of my relto book. I hope I do not have to relto. I would have to make a new boat. Just pray that nothing goes wrong.

27/10/10
Off I go. I will make note of my journey when I am safely out of sight.
All clear. I saw movement on the ferry docks, but I stayed still and no one seemed to notice. I was a good way out already. Now I am past the Arch. It is as described, blotched , pitted and aged. I am enjoying the antics of some damsel flies over the water. Just hope I see nothing bigger!
I see the tiny harbor that looks like it could have been the one used by Ghen...I hope it is. Will not take long to confirm.
Yes, the scene from this point on shore is like described. I can see the island, the faint outline of the city in the distance....Yes. I have landed safely. My day light is almost gone. I will make camp and set out early. I need to be well rested. I plan to do some short explorations back and forth to be sure of myself. From the record, there are many twists and turns ahead.

03/11/10
6 days of charting. I must rest, for tomorrow I head up in earnest.

04/11/10
I am off, I have mapped as far as I dare, and feel I can make good progress. Will fill in more when I take a break.

05/11/10
That first day was wonderful, I am well rested and off on another trek.
Okay this is crazy, I must have taken a wrong turn.
I thought I had the tunnel well mapped, I had too much confidence in myself, if I do not find something I am going to have to relto out. I am sure I am in a branch of the tunnels leading up to the Cleft that has never been explored. I am lost...hopelessly and surely lost.
I must rest, but every where I sit is cold and hard, how much water have I left? One small swallow! Well this is it. I need to discover the way soon. I do not want to have to relto out, and have to build another boat. The chances of getting another one made unseen are slim to none.I may as well push on. My maps are worthless...paper is hardly satisfying nourishment. But a wad will give me something to chew, and to occupy my screaming salivary glands. Some are giving me a bit of light as I burn them intermittantly...I will soon be in the dark. As with my childhood games in mazes I choose to keep to the right, always to the right...and walk... walk.... walk..pushing myself to the brink.
Wait....the air, something in the air is different..... well no more keeping to the right, I must follow my nose...Ah..the smell is getting stronger, almost unbearable, I must steel my mind now.....never know what I may find. I need more light!!! As I feel in the semi darkness, I bump my shins on something....a chair!!! Praise be, a chair!!! and a table!! and several pieces of cloth!! I sink into the chair, and rest...sleep comes fast.

06/11/10
The rest was so needed. Now I need to get some more light and explore. An empty room, a cave, dark and bare save for this table and chair but off in the corner, what is that?
A book , sitting on a crate, open as if it was totally forgotten. its pages covered in dust. I carefully blow off the dust.It glows! Its visual looks good, looks to be like a control room of sorts. How did this escape the searching of the DRC? I will never know, but I will need to explore, and see what this place is. If it is inhospitable I have my relto book to escape, just hope I can do so in time.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm 

Are we allowed to post? :?:

Nice story...Since you went far back in time, we might get a lot to read :wink:

I'm eager to learn what you found when you put your hand on that mysterious book.

P.S. You've left a wooden planck below the fallen structure, I took it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 pm 

I am editing out comments, as much as possible to make the flow easier during the Anniversary read..ty.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm 

6/11/10

I link into a room similar to Jalak except closed off with 4 walls. On the floor I find a note:

The path you seek is for your making. Choose your direction and make your path. Do not fear a wall, for in your faith a way will open before you. Just Go, and trust that you have chosen well.

This is so similar to Jalak with tile pillars that rise and fall. The four walls of the room have markings and windows...I can see through the windows to a view of each direction by raising pillars to look through.....There are flags in the areas similar to those of Jalak and Minkata. I want to get there, but have no idea how. Each direction is different...are they 4 separate places?
According to the note I have to make paths?? but how???

Okay I just spent the last 4 hours raising pillars and failing. Now I am tired..and hungry. I have noted the view from each direction.

North (or I think it is North) I will call it North for I can see snow-capped mountains.Image
South...As I will call it....it has a garden with what looks to be fruit..I want to get there!! I am hungry!!! It also has a hut I can see in the distance, on a lake with a boat.
I wish I had of had that boat!!
West...Looks rather wild....kinda scares me to think what I may find there.
East...Fields upon fields...quite the farm. I can see what I believe to be farm machinery.

I am stuck in this four walled room until I can figure out the riddle of the note. Now I am tired, and even though hungry I must get some sleep. It is 22:35 by my KI...so glad I have this tool. I lay down on the hard floor and look through the pictures I have taken of buds back in the city. Oh I hope to bring back good word to all my dear friends.
Good night...if anyone ever reads this.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 am 

7/11/10

Okay I have been up since the “crack of dawn” but it is hard to tell if it so since this room as such has no real light. I have checked through the windows of each direction and each seem to be in a different time of day. I will have to rely on my KI to know the time of day. I am going to concentrate on the South wall. I hope I can figure out the note's meaning. I am hungry.

The note:

The path you seek is for your making. Choose your direction and make your path. Do not fear a wall, for in your faith a way will open before you. Just Go, and trust that you have chosen well.

I am in!!!!! The path that opened seems to be staying that way. I have walked out a bit from it each time, and it has not closed. I figured I had better go into the most hospitable looking age, just in case I could go no farther.
It is as beautiful as the small glimpse led me to think.
I will set out how I gained entrance in a separate journal. If others come here, it will serve them well.
I found fruit trees and am enjoying what tastes like a peach, but it is green and nearly heart shaped. I can not begin to get enough!!Image
Can not get it all down in my KI.....the sights are wonderful.
My Ki is not working fully. I had the thought of sending a picture to my good friend Glendor, as a thank-you for teaching me how to get down to waters edge behind the library, but my buddy list is totally blank. I have no neighbors, no buddies, obviously no age players, and not even anyone in ignore! I can take pictures and write notes. It seems like the KI has more room, must be an effect of the Buddy section not working.
I am going to head over to the hut, and see what I can find. I have seen no sign of life, other than a few bugs and birds. Thought I heard a growl though so I am carrying a stick. I can see the lake from this hill, and I judge it to be about 1/4 mile walk. Everything seemed much closer through the window in the wall. I think the glass was magnifying or telescoping to be more exact. No matter 1/4 mile is a nice walk.
It is nearly 12:00 KI time. Good thing I packed a few of those fruits in my bag. The hut is small but beautifully built. It has a deck all around it and a walk way down to the dock. I am going to rest inside for a bit.
Oh...I was tired . It is now 15:35 KI time. In the hut I found a very comfortable bed. It is all one room with a curtained corner to give a bit of a private sleeping area. There is a wonderfully built S shaped table. Looks like it would have sat a least 12. The top and bottom curve of the S is flanked with bench seating. There are separate chairs in each nook of the S. Interesting. I am going to go down to the dock.
This boat is fine craftsmanship, but obviously home made. It has been out in the elements for quite some time but it is still very strong.
There are instruments that look like fishing poles, but not like any I have ever seen before. They are about 1 foot wide and 1 foot long, and carved with hand holds on each side. Off the end there are 4 fingerlike poles. There is thick line coming out of the hollow of each 'finger'. This is not for catching any fish I have ever seen! Wonder what lurks beneath these waters?? There are several buttons on the main body of the tool. I will fool with it later in the hut to see if I can figure it out.
There is plenty of bug activity, and I saw the ripples of several fish jumping. I wonder how long they have been left free from the fisherman?
I should go back to the hut and look around more. It is starting to get dark...only 17:15 KI time. Wonder how long the days are . Will have to make note of the times.
As primitive as the first impressions seemed I found several mechanisms that are far from primitive. They have been neglected, and are in need of repair. Wonder if I can get things working. I found a book...well several books, but one is a journal. I will tuck it away to read when I have time. Others are cook books, and what seems to be a song book. So much....but it is near dark, and even though the Ki says 20:20 KI time I am tired, and there is not enough light to see much. Maybe I can find some answers tomorrow.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:43 am 
Obduction Backer

love it angelmyst !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 pm 

8/11/10

That by far was the best sleep I have had in a long time. This age is so peaceful. I was wondering why the big table and only sleeping quarters for two people. In my investigations I have discovered that this was a place for fishermen to come for the day to catch fish to take home to their families. The journal is more like a guest log and the entries are names dates and places or origin. There are people from places I have never heard of. Strangely enough there are no names from A'gurea. I would have thought there to be. Makes me wonder who these people were and why they ceased to come here.
Okay, during a quick trek to the orchard I have discovered a few other wonders of this age. While wandering through the orchard I found I was being followed. One bee, then two... three and soon I had a swarm behind me. Then all of the sudden they flew off. Nothing seemed to startle them and I can not figure out why they left, I was able to get some to follow me again but I have no idea why they disappear. Much like some crazy fireflies I have had the pleasure of encountering. I also discovered, behind a gate, the hives, but I could see no way to open the gate. I certainly would like some of that honey.
After getting back to the hut I spent the morning reading everything I could. Most is in D'ni, some is in English, and other is in another very strange language. I managed to get the power on, and will outline this in the journal that I am keeping to explain mechanisms of this age. With the power on I now have lights and a cook stove. The lights are very beautiful. Hidden in the ceiling until the switch is activated, were wonderful golden globes. They are shaped like a man's bow-tie....and several are suspended in a row. They give off different colored light in different areas of the hut, and I have found that the light is perfectly adjusted to what you would need in that area. Bright light, in a clear white in the kitchen work space, a medium blue light in the seating areas at the table and at the comfy couches, and a lovely green light in the sleeping area. The cook stove is also a marvel. It is instntly hot and instantly cold. The surface reacts to the cooking utensils, nothing else. I tried placing several things on the stove and nothing else makes the heat turn on. Wonderful safety....I put an empty pot on the stove...no heat, only got heat when I had water in the pot.
In the afternoon I went down to the water and messed with the fishing pole. The buttons work a retractable spool system inside the handle. The line shoots out at an amazing speed, with a very tiny hook. How it could catch anything I could not have imagined but it does..and I did!! A fish...well guess you could call it a fish. It was a ball, so spherical I laughed. Its eyes were flush with its purple head...body..whatever, and the pink fins were so feathery I could hardly understand how it could swim.....but swim it could and fight.... as much a fight as anything I have ever caught! I could see no gills to speak of. I cleaned it, which was a feat of some dexterity, and cooked it up in some cooking oil I found in the kitchen. I bravely ate it, and am feeling no ill effects.....it and the fruit I picked this morning were a wonderful supper. I am going to head to bed. I will explore this age one more day and then I am heading to the “Jalak room” as I am going to call it and see if the other 'doors' open like this one did.
Goodnight my dear friends...how I miss you all.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:41 pm 

9/11/10

My curious nature has gotten the better of me. I decided to go to Jalak room today and try another wall....to gain access to another age. As I hoped the puzzle remains constant, and the way opened as it did to the South. This time I went East, as it looked to be a far more complicated area.

After wandering around, I found nothing to raise alarm, also no one, as I had expected. It is a farm, complete with farm machinery, farm house and a barn. The fields are massive.
A conveyor belt system that runs through the fields but the conveyor is not working..needs power or repairs, or both.
I explored the house and barn. In the barn are notes as to proper working of belt...weight of shipping allotments....if you load too many vegetables onto belts they are released through a chute and go into what looks to be a compost pile.
I was able to access this this compost pile, it has been sitting for a long while. It has the richest soil I have ever seen.
I also met some'one' If you could call it that. I noticed, when I was walking through the fields a little critter that looks like the inside of a sliced cucumber. It flies, like a butterfly and hovers about me as I get near the vegetables. I have obviously come to this age at what would be harvest, for there are ripe vegetables for the picking. When I picked a vegetable, the little critter flew off toward the barn. If I did not follow, he came back and hovered.That is when I decided to explore the barn and saw the notes on operations of the machinery. He is cute, and so far harmless, I have named him Gordon.
There are many machines to investigate. I decided to wait a bit and check out the house. I may make this my home base instead of the fisherman's lodge. I am not sure if I will be able to transport the fruit and fish from there to here. I may have to go back and forth to keep my diet varied.
Gorgon did not follow me to the house.
After exploring the house, it has the same feel as the fisherman's hut. There is a guest book, like this is a bed and breakfast of sorts. Some of the names from the guest book in the fisherman's lodge are the same as here. I wonder if these are 'vacation' spots. There are 5 comfortable bed rooms. Four are basically furnished with no personal belongings about. The other is obviously the room of whoever lived here. It would seem that they disappeared in a hurry, things are in order, as they would be for an ordinary day's work. Unlike the order you would leave things if you were going to be gone for an extended period.
The kitchen is a marvel, like that of the fisherman's lodge. I will go into detail tomorrow. After having a meal of the vegetables I picked in the field I am very sleepy. KI says 22:45.Yup bed time...but it is still light, this age has long days.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: AngelMyst's Story
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am 

AngelMyst,
Your Story has a wonderful beginning of origin to it that moves us through our own imaginations view conjured up from our collection of the details of your descriptions that allows us to journey along with you. I like how it is growing in depth with each age now shared and leaves us with the anticipation of those remaining. It's quite captivating and a wonderful share.

Thank You, JahmenMyst

P. S. You have us hooked and must now complete the journey to the journey’s end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:42 pm 

10/11/10
It is late.I spent the day exploring this age and found several things. I am very tired from the day so I will list them and go into them in further detail when I have time.
1. The conveyor system leads into a room that I was able to gain access to. There was a linking book to the 'Jalak' room. It would seem that the vegetables can be transported, but I did not test my theories.
2. Dear little Gordon hovered about me as I wandered through the field. If I picked a vegetable he would scoot to the barn. He is so cute, and is some company.
3. I heard animal sounds off past the main field. Sounds like cows, but with a 'grr' sound to the 'moo'. Was not inclined to find out what they are, not until I have some way of insuring my safety.
4. I found a journal hidden under the bed in the main bedroom. It is written in D'ni. The sense of danger was evident. Something scared these people off. I have not discovered what, the journal does not say. The last entry says that they were on alert, ready to leave if the need arose....obviously it did.
5. I found that the vegetables are very filling. The spices in the kitchen seem to be just for them. All I tried taste good. They seem to be the only food source in this age, unless the animals I heard are food as well.
6. There is no indication in the barn that any animals were kept there. Okay.......I am scared. Being alone here with unknown animals has me on edge.
7. This age has about 20 hours of daylight at this time. No way I am going to keep up this pace.
Good night.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:50 pm 

11/11/10

Woke this morning to a driving rain. Does not look like I am going to get much exploring done today in this age.
I am going to try the link to the Jalak room that I found at the end of the conveyor system. Will update later.

15/11/10

I made it back. So much to write, and catch up. I had no time to make a single note in my KI the past 4 days.
When I linked through the Jalak book I came into the Jalak room, but something was not right. The two doors I had opened were still open, but the other two were open as well and when I looked through the doors..... the scenes had changed. All I saw was destruction in each of the ages. I had no idea what to do. Dare I go in again??? After deliberation I thought to go into the first age I had explored. As I stepped through the open door I was met with a terrible stench. The orchard was rooted up and....the smell. Death, the smell of dead animals....or dare I think people. This did not happen very long ago!! What had I stumbled into? I found several animal carcasses....not fully decayed... I had not seen these animals when I was here ......and in the fishing hut....oh it was too horrible to tell. I found a shovel and had a burial service. Two lonely mounds now sit near the shore. I believe them to have been the caretakers of this place, a couple, probably man and wife. I am so saddened to think of it... but I am puzzled. How did I come here to no one around and such a peaceful setting just days ago? Where were they when I was here? The thought sickens me...was this my fault? I had left the doors open....did I let something in?
Then I heard it...the grrrmoo sound I had heard in the second age I went into. I have never ran so fast in my life. I ran blindly, jumping over the twisted trees. I saw it behind me. A critter much like a small cow, but with fangs. I made for the door, and was able to pull it closed behind me. I lowered the pillars and sat in the darkened room and cried. I fell asleep in my tears. When I awoke, I had thought of using my relto book and just leaving. My curious nature would not let me. I had to find out what I did wrong. One thing was certain, I had to shut those doors.....but I had to make sure everything else was safe. I checked my KI. 23:12. I closed the doors, but stayed in the Jalak room.
In all of the chaos, I had missed a full day. I had been running on adrenaline, and slept for nearly 12 hours. On the 14th I decided to go into the second age I had visited, the one where I had first heard that animal. I had seen no sign of life there, but I had not seen anyone in the orchard age either. Were they simply hiding, or had they left?
With the pillars raised correctly, I made towards the door. Very hesitantly I headed in and this time I closed the door behind me. The fields were ransacked. I smelled no stench, that was good, and I heard nothing. Also.... no sign of Gordon. I headed to the barn and checked out the controls. It was there I saw Gordon. He was in a cocoon of sorts.
The rain?? Did it signal the beginning of Fall? I breathed a huge sigh of relief, for there was no sign of loss of life there, and my dear little Gordon was safe.
After some thought on the events this is what I concluded. My leaving the doors opened made it possible for the other doors to be opened from the inside. That animal that caused so much destruction, certainly was not native to either of these ages. It was my fault. I should have shut the doors. This age has a linking book to the Jalak room, most probable that the orchard does as well, I just did not find it. On leaving the doors open I allowed the animals from the West or the North to come into these ages. The notes in the journal about danger...they were written recently??? Was the danger me??? I have such a feeling of guilt.
I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house. I did not hear a noise from outside, nor did I see any sign of any people. I am hoping that since it seems to be fall they were gone. With the long days of this age, maybe it has short seasons. It would be entirely possible for them to be gone for the winter. I at least hope so. I was able to get some sleep. I will need to go back to the orchard and find the Jalak book for that age....if my assumption are correct, the fruit should be able to be transported through a linking book.
To the dear couple I caused to lose their life, I am so sorry. I will do all I can to repair the damage I have done but I know I can never fix my mistake. Sorry.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:43 am 

:cry: darn you David Guetta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:53 pm 

sorry I do not know the connection so your comment is lost on me.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Keep it up angel, nice reading :!: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 pm 

Very nice reading. :D
I now look forward to each new portion of the adventure.