It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:56 am 

Ah, I have them now now. I was overcomplicating things, as usual :P. Very much a matter of seeing it 'appear'. I think the most useful part of what I wrote was simply noting the contemporary nature of the codes.

Old MOUL KI: 13986530
MOULa KI: 02058741

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:49 am 

For anyone who wants a reasonably revealing hint and is at the head-against-wall stage:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Look carefully at the OP. Notice things. Think of the codes. There is a link. The codes will bring the secrets online.

Last edited by Narym on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 pm 

If you guys figured it out, go ahead and post it. here and on Reddit and on the Cyan Forum threads. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 pm 

Oh, I think I'll drop one more huge hint, but I will say one of the things at the end of the tunnel is a video.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
If you're still stuck, have you tried rumig-ing through some of the internet's favourite places? ESPECIALLY if you're on Reddit?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:58 pm 

Code:
> SLAM IPAD INTO FLOOR FOR OWN BLINDNESS
Done.
>

Because I thought, "surely it couldn't be this, how would our D'ni friend be able to know this code?" Apparently I was wrong. Also this is apparently the only kind of clue I'm able to make sense of (eventually), both in the Obduction ARG and here. Apparently I also make frequent use of the word "apparently".

Though I must say this looks very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:12 am 

Apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5TGN7eUcM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:29 am 
Obduction Backer

dgelessus wrote:
Code:
> SLAM IPAD INTO FLOOR FOR OWN BLINDNESS
Done.
>

Because I thought, "surely it couldn't be this, how would our D'ni friend be able to know this code?" Apparently I was wrong. Also this is apparently the only kind of clue I'm able to make sense of (eventually), both in the Obduction ARG and here. Apparently I also make frequent use of the word "apparently".

Though I must say this looks very interesting.

:D

The codes were added by the fellow who found the journal and translated/posted its contents on reddit. So no, the D'ni could well be ignorant of our online world.

Or not. ;)

My own theory is that the events in question happened significantly long ago but that our D'ni has remained on the surface since. And when ToasterLoading posted on reddit about finding the journal, Relto/barshki saw it and then posted here... I guess he wanted our little community to know about his history.

Who knows, maybe he's even among us now?? Which would be awesomely cool! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 am 

Oh, I think the cat is well and truly out of the bag now. I don't know, I was kind of pleased with my slightly cryptic clues :D

I think the clincher was Toasterloader saying that his final Reddit journal posting that he had put the code in to show what happened after. Up until then, it was reasonable (as degelessus, and myself, and others besides, I'm sure, did) to assume that the persona had put the code there - given he knows little about our world, it would not make sense for him to understand about the online world, or know how such codes would work.

Even if you want to argue the D'ni Relto Twitter account, IC, is supposed to be the D'ni guy, as well as the persona Relto on these boards, and not strictly speaking Adam, the Twitter account presumably came into being much much later after this journal was 'lost', after when any such code could have been put in by the original writer.

So I was assuming a cypher, because what other code would an D'ni use? But obviously we needed to think much more contemporary.

It's funny, isn't it. The D'ni used books to Link. We use...

:)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:51 am 

For people who haven't figured out the puzzles, or who just want the goodies, the codes open up a way to a poster and a trailer.

Poster and Trailer

Definitely very cool! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is probably the most awesome stuff I've seen in a while ... Wow! ... Wow! ... Wow! ... :P

The sceneries, the atmosphere, the 'Linking' animation, D'ni city, the music, and of course the promising, impressive poster ... Is that you in the film, Adam, and is that sth we can look forward to, or is this 'just' an amazing creative expression of your passion (I mean, when I look at your website I see that you're a professional)? ... However, this is sheer awesomeness and feels appropriate for an icon and legend like Myst and 'The Art' of the D'ni ... :)

Thanks for sharing those gems with us, Narym ... :D