It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:51 am 

Shorah!

Here a complete guide to my quests on MOULa. I took all the information I had put on the forum board already concerning my 167 quests and put them all in one file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0079qzgiry2prd3
(Note: Do not pay attention to the awful look in Mediafire's viewer of my PDF, I can assure you the file is really well made. It's only a small 59 Kb file so I'm inviting you to download it instead of looking at it on Mediafire)

You will see that I added all the Magic Bot # of my quests in the 1st column. I think my guide will come handy to those who like skydiving in MOULa.

All the quests on the "PINK title" pages are inside D'ni Cavern (City, Hoods, Pubs, & other locations).
All the quests on the "PURPLE title" pages are inside remote ages.

Important Notice: My quests are suited for the Skydiving Client. Please make sure to install it prior to playing my quests. A very low number of my quests will work with the Normal Client.
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26610&highlight=

P.S. : Thanks to Nicoleleigh & Acorn for your kind words on my Info Central topic :wink:

EDIT: UPDATE MADE TO MY FILE, NEW LINK

Last edited by Annabelle on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Besides that the PDF file looks beautiful, even on MediaFire, I nevertheless upload PDF files, esp. those with many pictures like the 'FanAges' files etc. as zip archives ... :P

But really, you don't have to worry, Annabelle, this PDF spreadsheet looks as wonderful and inspiring as you've created it ... You make everything always so elaborate, beautiful and carefully thought out, for everyone conveniently to indulge in, explore and enjoy, very impressive ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:44 pm 

Thank you janaba! :D

You are right, it's indeed originating from a spreadsheet. I deleted all of the ones I've made in the past so I had to come back to every topics I wrote and redo them from scratch. I used my printer (DoPDF) so it kept the file tiny. I could have used the converting tool in Excel too but it would have rised up the number of Kb. This time around I'll keep my spreadsheet so I can edit it.

Talking of editing it...

I put online a new version of my MOULa_Quests.pdf file. I reviewed it and found some mistakes. I will replace the initial link with the new version. See first post for the new link. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ Annabelle
/ TrapperDave bows to Annabelle
I admire your dedication & fortitude of hard work for restoring these quests!
You made my day! :o For I was just thinking the other day, " I wish I had so & so MG that I had
before" the wipe. I thought of trying to retrace some from memory, but realized it would take
me forever. Yay yay & horray! I honor your consideration having preserved them all.
A thought has crossed my mind to start a : School of Skydivers Hood", teaching those new to
Skydiving the moves & tricks and the art of skydiving. Then holding gatherings to do one of
your quests, or other fine quests by others. I think it would be fun reviving skydiving that
all can do equally, if there would be any interest? For I have a feeling most of the new peeps
think it is magic & something they think they can't do. Climbing & jumping skydiver quests is a
challenge that in my opinion is very close to RL maneuvers, a skill to learn like rock
climbing in RL. And a lot of the time it is realistic on ledges, slopes, and ridges (walls)
that can seem true to Real Life. There is a lot of satisfaction and accomplishment felt having
completed a quest such as these. And your rewards are the beautiful glitch sights and helping
others do it. However my time is very limited now due to RL work at this time of year. Maybe
next Fall in the year 2020 LOL !!!! :) Too many irons in the fire right now. Did you ever
replicate "Mouski's Bridge to Ferry Quest"?, that Alien had asked about.I didn't see it on the
list. Would it be " The Paths to Docks" ? Thank you so much ! :) /Thumbs up high

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

TrapperDave wrote:
A thought has crossed my mind to start a : School of Skydivers Hood", teaching those new to Skydiving the moves & tricks and the art of skydiving.

Like the URU Cavern Skydivers' Hood ? :wink:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ korovev
ohhh your right :) No point in replicating something that already exists. I was unaware that
they taught classes and held events? My main thought was not necessarily a Hood, but rather the
training & on hands events. I guess it's done on a one to one basis. I don't want to step on
anyone's toes :) I had never gone to the Skydivers Hood so I was unaware what they did there.
I apologize, forget what I said :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am 

I couldn't have said it better Trapper, my friend.
We both have done a lot of climbing and a lot of falling.
It is wonderful to do.
I come into the cavern and I never see anyone do the Skydiving Marker Games.
It is such great fun. Frustrating at times, but anyone can do them if they
try and try again.
I am so excited that we have Annabelle's Games back.
I have missed these games and I am personally so grateful that we have
these precious "diamonds" back as gifts from our own Annabelle.

Hope to see the Skydivers up high very soon.

-Nicoleleigh-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, I don’t know if they hold classes there, I suppose they do.

As for nobody doing it, maybe most activity has moved to the magic Ages?

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 pm 

I think skydiving in the Cavern is like TrapperDave said: a kind of activity that could be compared to mountain-climbing or hiking in the RL. I don't think people are not attracted by the whole activity but they might be reluctant to put the effort needed to do such activity.

It always depend on how you see the game itself. My life is stressless, I'm avoiding stressful situations, I'm quite stable at my job, I'm not living far from it, all my daily activities can be done or reach within 2, 3 kilometers. When I come in URU, I don't have a heavy load on my shoulders. Now imagine someone raising 3 children, having to do 30 kilometers each day in each direction to go to work, having trouble family situation (whichever it is), etc. When that person comes in URU, they might not want to "work" again to state it simply. They might just want to "chill" in public city chatting with whoever's there or just put their brain in OFF position by using magic bots to reach whatever spot they want.

As for a skydiving school, I've been taught by other skydivers and not affiliated heavy glitchers that were there before me. I then taught to others who then taught to others, etc. There is no "official" training to go through. I built my quests in a way that someone fairly newbie in this activity could go on a journey all by themselves.

There are really 3 things that are hard to master and that might require a little bit of assistance:
1) combo jumping
2) mastering double jumps
3) understanding where you are standing at any given point, ie the collisions (visualize what is hidden from the view)

It's still important to mention it: The URU Cavern's Skydivers Hood members are not in the obligation to do skydiving stuffs. It's an open to everyone hood. I didn't check lately who were member but before the vault wipe, we were 150 members and I can say that apart 20 or so skydivers, the rest of our members were mostly standing on stable ground most of the time. :wink: