It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~Memory Lane Game~
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:17 am 
Obduction Backer

marker #16 will be named after Larry LeDeay, the player who found it first. congrats LARRY LEDEAY !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #17: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

please PM me with the correct answer and a screenshot or a KI picture in the game of your avvie standing on the spot. [ skills matter. difficult markers will be named after people that can reach them :wink: ]
NOTE: do not post here ! contact me only through PM or in the game. thanks

P.S. to set markers up NO bots or magic has been used. only skill.

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:22 am 
Obduction Backer

since i haven't received any pictures re marker #17 (except from Annabele of course), Annabelle suggested to name it after SHELLSHOCK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #18: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

please PM me with the correct answer and a screenshot or a KI picture in the game of your avvie standing on the spot. [ skills matter. difficult markers will be named after people that can reach them :wink: ]

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:31 am 
Obduction Backer

NOTE:

to get the marker named after you you don't need to:
- be my friend
- know me in the game

you need to (on the top of being able to prove that you could reach the location of a particular marker):
- be an explorer deserving of the honour (not a griefer)
- be respectful of the creators of this game and the other players

this game is a tribute to all wonderful MOULa players and explorers - past and present. it is not about me, or anyone in particular. it is about US. i really hope you enjoy it !

thank you for playing and keeping the cavern alive !

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:09 am 
Obduction Backer

marker #18 will be named after elva, the player who found it first. congrats ELVA !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #19: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

1st clue re marker #19: still in Ae'gura, close to the tent. actually you have to get up the tent first to reach this one wink :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Were you intending for this game to only be playable by skydivers? As it stands, getting an avatar up to the places the last few markers have been requires skill that only a very small percentage of explorers have. It cuts down on your potential player group drastically.

There's another flaw in the rules. The "one marker named per customer" rule discourages people from playing again. There's no incentive to go for more markers after getting one the first time.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

hello larry, our intention was to offer a challenge to ALL players and to give ALL players a chance with this game. there will be just a few difficult markers among many easy or medium ones. our intention was to include beginner level players through medium to very skilled ones, seasoned ones with offering different levels of difficulty.

this game is not a competition and it is not about how many markers one can get. its intention is to include as many players (names) as possible and give everyone an equal chance which is one marker per person.

you are free to continue playing as is everyone else. what is actually preventing you ? but once you get your name on the marker, lets give many other players a chance to get their name on one as well.

and have in mind that what you see as flaws are simply how this game is to be played. you are free to create your own with your own set of rules.

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I noticed that you haven't had winners for the last few clues and just wanted to point out reasons why that might be. With marker 19, that's three in a row that only a handful of very skilled players could possibly solve, and the "one per customer" rule discourages those few from playing again. I believe those two reasons explain why you didn't get pictures for 17 and 18 at all. Why would you post three expert level markers in a row anyway?

What's preventing me from playing again? The same two reasons. I'm no skydiver. I've never gotten up to the top of the tent in Tokotah Courtyard on my own, even though I've tried something like a dozen times. What's preventing Annabelle from going for it? She has the skill, but she already has her name on one of the markers, and that "one per customer" rule is probably inhibiting her from going for another.

Basically, I think it's a nice game, and the idea for it was good. But it's dying.

BTW, I sent this as a post instead of a PM so that other people could give their opinions as well.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

actually , you are wrong. Annabelle has been playing from the very beginning and is still playing and so are many other players. if not for the 'one marker per person' rule she would take all the markers and it would be a game dedicated to Annabelle, lol. so thus the rule.

P.S. i suggest we continue this conversation in private so as not to clog this thread

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #20: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #21: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

PLEASE NOTE: marker #20 has not been taken yet.

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:51 am 
Obduction Backer

marker #21 will be named after Wamduskasapa, the player who found it first. congrats WAMDUSKASAPA !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #22: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

please note that marker #20 has also not been taken yet so you may choose which one to take.

1st clue: the 3 background panels are slightly different in every such place ...............

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:01 am 
Obduction Backer

marker #22 will be named after Jilp, the player who found it first. congrats JILP !!! btw Jilp is a 7 years old girl. and i think that makes her a 3rd generation of MOULa players. congrats little one !!!

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #20: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:03 am 
Obduction Backer

marker #20 will be named after BlindMullet, the player who found it first. congrats BLINDMULLET !!!

MEMORY LANE marker quest: MARKER #23: where is this marker ?

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next