It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cavern Choir Auditions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:59 pm 

We're still nailing down the date -- it'll be sometime in late March, probably the 29th thru 31st -- but I wanted to officially announce auditions for the Cavern Choir! If you came to our concert this past weekend, you heard some of the amazing talent this group has... if you missed the concert, check out the Cavern Choir Website, which has links to a recording of the concert, program notes, and other info about the group.

We're open to singers of all backgrounds and abilities, and encourage everyone to come and try out! We'll be looking for singers in all voice parts -- baritone, tenor especially, alto, and soprano -- and we'll also be looking for some audio engineers to help with editing and mixing (Audacity is our current program of choice).

Once we've got details nailed down (how many open spots there are, definite dates and times, audition requirements, etc.), I'll reply to this thread. In the meantime, please post if you are interested in singing with us, or helping us out with audio editing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps, in keeping with your involvement with choir, you should change your name from domahreh to dorehmee. :lol:

Any chance you'll have someone singing the gallery song at your next concert?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:07 am 

domahreh wrote:
We'll be looking for singers in all voice parts -- baritone, tenor especially, alto, and soprano --

You say "all voice parts" but... No Bass?! I'm just kidding. It probably just slipped your mind, but I sing the low notes and I've been dieing to try out for the choir! I'll try to check this thread, but I'd appreciate a PM if you don't mind! Looking forward to it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:32 am 

I'm interested in trying out ... bass, but I can handle baritone and may even be able to do a low tenor part. In my chamber choir basses are routinely forced to "debass" themselves by singing along on the tenor line.

What do we need to try out? Microphone, software, etc.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:43 am 

Bass-baritone implied. ;) I'll be keeping track of names, so expect a PM when auditions come round if you say you're interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 am 

I wish I could sing. :(

Good thing the rest of you do such a good job! :D

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:19 pm 

Yay! I hated missing the concert..but I'm definitly hoping to be in for next time!

KI is 55057. I think. But don't quote me on that. I could probably pull off tenor, but some of the higher parts might be a struggle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:43 pm 

I'd love to give it a shot. I am a tenor, tried and true, although I have to admit I'm rusty. I haven't sung on stage in a few years and have found that my voice isn't as strong as it once was...I'll have to work on building it up a bit. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:14 pm 

I asume I'm still on your list of Tenors from last time we mailed about this :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:39 am 

I'd love to audition. I just hope I can still sing. Eight years since choir classes with nothing in between? hmmm.... well, we'll see. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

I would also like to audition, I'm also a tennor, and I'm also rusty :wink:

I absolutely love to sing and would be thrilled to start singing again, especially if it includes more involvement with the Uru community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:41 am 

I would love to audition for the choir. Please let me know when they will be. I will cross my fingers it won't duriing my move the end of this month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:01 pm 

The Cavern Choir is pleased to announce its second set of community-wide auditions, to be held on Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31.

The Choir is a small, select group of singers devoted to performing a cappella classical choral music from medieval through modern periods. We hold live concerts at various times throughout the year in the D'ni cavern in celebration of its people and its history, past and present.

The Choir is open to singers of all levels and backgrounds. Whether you have sung with a choir or not, whether you have sung classical music or not, you are encouraged to audition! What's more, you'll be making music history -- this is (as far as we can tell) the first multi-voiced virtual choir known to the web. Come join us on this creative journey!

Auditions are currently being held for all voice parts (soprano, alto, tenor, and bass); unfortunately, there are a limited number of spots to be filled, so we cannot accept everyone.

THE DETAILS

If you are interested in auditioning, please fill out and submit an audition form [to be posted tonight] by Wednesday, March 28. Auditions will be held on Friday, March 30 from 5-9pm GMT (1-5 pm EST) and on Saturday, March 31 from 3-7pm and 9pm-12am GMT (11am-3pm and 5-8pm EST). If you absolutely cannot make any of these times, separate arrangments may be made.

Auditions will consist of you singing a song of your own choosing, plus a few exercises to evaluate range, ear, rhythmic/melodic memory, sight reading, etc. Auditions are held over TeamSpeak in a private channel, and customarily take no more than 20 minutes each.

Please visit the Cavern Choir website or contact music director Domahreh ([email protected]) for more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:22 am 

Update: Audition forms are now available at http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/cav ... 03-07.html . Please be sure to submit your form to [email protected] by March 28, and try to fill out the form as completely as you can.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]