It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: D'ni Ki Photo Club
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:34 pm 

Dokaheid and me are both interested in photography. Last week she suggested to me she would send me a KI-picture and I should try copiing it. I did, and i send a picture back and she should do the same.

In trying to give each other more difficult pictures we started noticing, the whole URU environment is so beautiful and so detailed. You can make a photo-trip as in real life. Trying to find new and different angles makes you look at the Ages in a totally new and often very surprising way.

We plan on continuing our little 'in-between-new-ages'-game. But while doing this, we started thinking there must be thousands of photographers in game. Wouldn't it be nice to start a D'ni Ki Photo Club, where people can share their KI-shots, where we can have a photo contets every now and then and do other nice photographic things.

[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=CDIFOHEE[/img]

We would love to get some feedback if other people like this idear and in what way they see such a club. We for instance think there should be some basic rules.

Please post your reactions in this thread, so we know if people do like our little game and the D'ni KI Photo Club is something worth creating.

[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=NNXMWNZP[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:51 pm 

I love the idea! I took a few Black & White photography classes in college and really loved it. I 'crankout' a lot of photos for work now but nothing creative. I wanted to do a photo journal of my journey through the ages but my KI only holds 15 frames. It would be nice to have a Artist Bevin with multiple imagers to display photographers work. -Atheni33

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:00 pm 

Don't forget to check http://www.cyanworlds.com/legal_guidelines.php and get permission before you use Cyan's intellectual property.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject: Re: D'ni Ki Photo Club
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:05 pm 

Hoe KanDat wrote:
Dokaheid and me are both interested in photography. Last week she suggested to me she would send me a KI-picture and I should try copiing it. I did, and i send a picture back and she should do the same.

In trying to give each other more difficult pictures we started noticing, the whole URU environment is so beautiful and so detailed. You can make a photo-trip as in real life. Trying to find new and different angles makes you look at the Ages in a totally new and often very surprising way.

We plan on continuing our little 'in-between-new-ages'-game. But while doing this, we started thinking there must be thousands of photographers in game. Wouldn't it be nice to start a D'ni Ki Photo Club, where people can share their KI-shots, where we can have a photo contets every now and then and do other nice photographic things.

[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=CDIFOHEE[/img]

We would love to get some feedback if other people like this idear and in what way they see such a club. We for instance think there should be some basic rules.

Please post your reactions in this thread, so we know if people do like our little game and the D'ni KI Photo Club is something worth creating.

[img]http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=NNXMWNZP[/img]

Amazing! Check THISout!

:D

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Last edited by Maratanos on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

A photo club sounds like great fun.

I am but a novice at the art of camera, but would love to become better. I would be very interested. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 pm 

Tiran wrote:
Don't forget to check http://www.cyanworlds.com/legal_guidelines.php and get permission before you use Cyan's intellectual property.

That of course should be one of the rules.

But the first intention is to just place these pictures on these fora for others to enjoy; not using them in any other way.

And in the case of a contest, the only prize in my opinion is the fame and glory and perhaps placement in some sort of gallery of honour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 pm 

Unless I'm much mistaken, KI images are subject to fair use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:27 pm 

I like the reactions so far.

The link Maratanos placed in his reply, certainly shows a couple of perfect guidelines and rules to respect.

Atheni33 has this great idear about an artistic Bevin with multiple imagers to share the products of the creative minds among us.

And as for the legal aspects .. so far we do not have any plans to create (yet another) internet-site where we could (by accident) harm any rules set by Cyan. In that respect I would like to ask Cyan, to respond to this idear (here or by personal mail) if they think we are doing things they would not allow . In that case we will not continue developing this idear and/or will ask them to set the legal boundaries for us.

For now our only intention is to stimulate people to go through all the Ages once again, looking at them with different eyes, and to give them something nice to do during times they 'think' they have no as much to do as they would like by playing this little KI-photo game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:36 pm 

PM Greydragon and he will tell you that you have to contact [email protected] dot com :) The legal guys usually never read a forum unless there is trouble. Cyan is open to non profit fan work compared to like B.. err Snowstorm. *g* But you have to contact them and get permission. I suggest that you write now because it usually takes days to weeks before you get an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey guys, I just wanted to offer a link to you all if Im allowed.
I use Fraps for my photos. While they cant be shared via ki's in game since its external, you can take limitless photos while in the game. If youre planning on putting htem on web sites and such it may come in real handy.

The link is http://www.fraps.com/

they save to a folder on your pc, theres no limit, youd only have to convert them over from bmp images since the free version only lets you capture that way.
I dont think I could live without the program and it may help yall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:08 pm 

I'm using http://irfanview.com/ for screen shots and as image viewer under Windows. It's free and it can save to png or jpg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:38 am 
Obduction Backer

FYI,
applications like Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop also do excellent screen captures. When the Guild of Puzzlemakers was particularly active a few years ago, I took many screenshots in Uru CC while learning the craft. I have since deleted them all, but it was enjoyable to be 'shutterbug' in Uru.

One thing I might point out.. is that generally KI images and screen captures may come out rather dark, and care should be taken to adjust brightness and contrast before posting them to the web - keeping in mind also that our monitors all display somewhat differently.. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:04 pm 

I would be very interested in a photo club, perhaps tips could be displayed in the hood imager or classes can be given in the auditorium.

Edit: Oh, and, congratulations Maratanos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:41 pm 

What a nice idea for an "in-between-new-ages" activity. I am interested in this possible club.

Please PM me if a meeting or gathering is in the works.

Last edited by Aricle on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:07 pm 

I would love to be involved in this..but alas, MO:UL is out of my grasp as of the moment.

I am only able to play single player CC now.

:cry: :cry: :( :cry:

But I defiantly support the idea. :wink: :D

If it somehow possible for me to be part of this, but only in the single player ages?

If so please PM me, cause I am forgetful and might not check this thread again for a while.

Thanks,
Reelah

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next