It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is a magnificent idea! I'm going to have to dig into my albums. :D

And if it's not too off-topic, what are everybody's favorite views to capture? I bet just about everybody has captured the following:
1. Kadish Tolesa: THE view. You know the one.
2. Eder Gira: THE view. You know that one too. :lol:
3. Teledahn, from the stump.
4. Gahreesen: the "I made it!" view
5. Ae'gura, looking down the Great Stair to Kerath's arch
[spoiler]6. Er'cana: the End of the Age.[/spoiler]

Every single one of my avatars has taken those and certain others - but it's amazing how different they are.

One snaps like a tourist. I imagine her carrying one of those disposable cameras (only now she has a digital KI, but she uses it just the same. :wink: )

Another takes great pains to get the composition just right and has been known to wait half an hour for the butterflies to be "just so". She carries a high-end Nikon and lenses and filters and all the bells and whistles. She mutters and groans at the darkness of KI images and spends hours color correcting her best shots.

Another one is always on the watch for unusual camera angles and points of view. She tries to look at familiar things and reveal them in a new way. She's always looking back or looking up or trying to get under things or into corners where she's never been to see what new visual images she can find. She knows where to go to get a self-portrait with her face, instead of her back, to the camera. :wink:

Then there's the one who started out only taking pictures of things that might be clues, needed for future reference. Then she got into collecting Bahro drawings and D'ni architecture and visual design, all systematically catalogued.

Well, okay, it kept me busy until Uru returned! :D

By the way, Print Screen (capture) and MS Paint (paste and save) work just fine. I usually have Paint open in the background ready to grab an image. If you hold still for a few seconds the cursor circle will fade away. Otherwise, it will be in the picture. This doesn't seem to happen if you use the KI.

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2