It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:39 pm 
That's it. I'm doing this.

I've just come from yet another meeting. Concerned Explorers Against Immoderate Activism or something. I don't think anyone knows for sure what they're against, just that they're against it. As usual, no-one from the DRC was present. As usual, the meeting degenerated into name-calling and quibbling over details. As usual, nothing was settled.

Explorers. Ha. It is to laugh.

I'm ready. I'm doing this.

I wish I could say it's a dark moonless night as I link into Gahreesen, but of course Gahreesen doesn't have night.

In my pockets, two heavy duty garden sacks. In my hand, a crowbar.

It takes me a while, but the metal of the cupboard door finally yields. Those cupboards have been sneering at me since I first arrived, flaunting glimpses of their treasure. Ha, take that, cupboard boy.

Fifty-two random Linking Books go into my sacks. One for each of the hoods on the Nexus list, one for my hood...and one for me. I think I fancy being an explorer.

As I start my rounds, like a sort of Cavern Santa Claus, I think I know why Prometheus stole fire from the gods.

It wasn't that he cared about mortals much, or that he hated the gods.

He just got fed up with all the darn meetings.

Post subject: Ok Santa Zander...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:44 pm 

IMHO.... Santa Zander :)

Be careful where you leave your goodies... I mean really, what if some of those linking books lead to prisons, cages, dark pits... I mean really, do you think they'd just leave a complete set of Linking Books in a locker that could easily be broken into.

Have you already dropped some of those treasures off? Have you checked the hoods where you put them? Are the members still around, or is there a sudden depopulation on the rise? And, what if you are the one that suddenly caused the GZ to awaken? What if something that had been bound in that locker all these long years suddenly awakened? What if some poor would-be explorer used one of these Linking books and found a prison age and let loose something or someone we'll all regret? What then?

Oh Zander, Santa.... what woes may you have brought on the explorer community... will you go down not as the Prometheus of Explorers, but rather as the Pandorazander of uru :)

lost in a dark place without outlet... earthwiz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 pm 
:lol: :twisted: nyahahahahaahh....

As I understand it, the cupboards were where visitors' (and possibly prisoners') Linking Books were stashed during their stay. They're more likely to be people's home Ages.

Anyway, all I'm doing in this story is providing the Books. What people then do with them is entirely up to them. This piece could be a springboard for further stories like belford's--an alternative to finding a Book the DRC missed.

Anyway, exploration's about taking risks. We have Maintainer suits, KIs and Relto books. If we just want to be safe, we can always go have another meeting... :twisted:

Thanks for commenting, earthwiz.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]