It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Last week, I posted and mentioned a new Linking Book that I'd found. (See http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8238 .)

I apologize for leaving you all hanging like that. I'm sure you understand -- a new Age is intoxicating. I've spent a lot of the past weekend just sitting, trying to take it in.

Lacking any D'ni signposts -- or any sign of D'ni presence at all -- I'm calling the Age "Plum Lake".

More soon.

Last edited by belford on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:20 pm 

Wheres this linking book you talk of, Where is its location?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:53 pm 

velvetam
<cough>[spoiler]FanFic[/spoiler]</cough>

P.S. Can't wait belford! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 am 
Obduction Backer

If it's fanfiction, surely it has no place on what is a completely OOC forum...

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:50 am 

Islander wrote:

Oh dear... :roll:

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:09 am 

Don't care it's jaw dropping good. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Footnote: Yes, I considered whether this forum is the right place for this. I decided that, first, this is *not* a rigidly OOC forum. (The "ethics" thread is solidly IC. And there are plenty of posts saying things like "Guild meeting tomorrow" or "I met Nick today"; I don't think it even makes sense to classify them as IC or OOC.)

And second, the DRC forums are poorly publicized. Fewer people read them. They're not the main place discussion happens. I would rather play this out here, and if it's the boundary of what the forums are for, well, I'm okay with stretching the boundary.

I have added "fanfic" to the subject line (and to my previous "Linking" post). This is not an apology. Like "spoiler", it's a warning that some people want, and adding it hurts nothing.

Finally: While this is starting out as a simple set of journal postings, it will not always be that. I have ideas about community involvement which I will get to in due course. Please be patient. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:55 am 

Hot diggy dog that was great expression I dont care if its posted in wrong spot or not keep em comin in spots sure to be read so as to share with all /bow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:55 am 

belford wrote:
Finally: While this is starting out as a simple set of journal postings, it will not always be that. I have ideas about community involvement which I will get to in due course. Please be patient. :)

Oh, now I get it; I was wondering why you didn't just post this on Zarf and link to it. Anyhow, looks cool. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:34 am 

Lovely! I look forward to reading more.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:37 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I'm finding it pretty interesting myself, and am looking forward to seeing where it goes. A bit of diversion here and there is not necessarily a bad thing, IMO.

Since this topic ic clearly marked 'Fanfic', then those who do not wish to read it are welcome to move along. :wink:

So, with that said.....When can we expect more? :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Velvetam asked, where did I find this Book.

I told you: I found the Book under some rubble in Ae'gura. An *instance* of Ae'gura (a "fresh" one, off a Bevin I just set up). It was -- okay, fine, it was under the collapsed corner of the Library walkway. Don't feel you have to rush off to look. That area has been ruthlessly picked over by explorers since early 2004, with no result. I have no idea why a Book would show up *now,* in just one instance. Maybe someone hid it there. Maybe instancing is more variable than we think.

But, like I said, it doesn't have any Yeesha markings *or* DRC stamp. It's not fixed in place, and it's the wrong size to fit in my Relto shelf slots. And, significantly, the Age isn't programmed into the Lattice. My KI just blinks "riltagamin, riltagamin" like a blitzed VCR when I'm there. (I have no idea how I register to everybody else.)

So I'm not handing this Book over to the DRC just yet, and I'm not opening it up to the public. I'm going to be selfish for a while. Sorry! You want to explore, find your own mysterious secret Book. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Islander wrote:

I rest my case yer Honor....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I will have a more complete report in a few days. I'm still finding my way around. The lake is at the bottom of a broad valley; I can see slopes rising in all directions, most steeply towards that volcano. But beyond the lake shore, the brush gets very thick. (It's a nasty sort of sharp-edged vine. Tough, too. Not thorns, exactly, but you can't just push through them.)

Those footprints? I'm certain they were recent. The lake shore holds prints well, but there's a light rain occasionally, and the prints would have washed out if they were ancient. Annoyingly, the ground is only soft *near* the lake. My mighty tracking skills petered out thirty feet into the wirevines. There is a trail, sort of, but it's narrow and almost impossible to distinguish from random gaps in the brush.

They were bare feet, by the way. They looked small, but then I have big feet. Could have been anybody. Well, anybody willing to run around the City in bare feet. (Which, by the way, freaks me every time I see it. Don't you people ever *stub your toes*? As you *run* across the *cracked stone pavement* and *fallen rocks*? Or up the enormous stone steps? Ow ow ow!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

As one who is always barefoot I can tell you that very good calluses can work wonders. And I have gotten more graceful, so I don't smash my toes into as many things anymore. Plus not having to replace another good pair of boots because my sweat has eaten the leather is a financial benefit.

There are some tough spots though. The steam vents in Eder Gira are a serious challenge! The metal gratings in Teledahn are not so nice either. Then you go someplace like Tsogahl and feel the grass through your toes and it makes it all worth it! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next