It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

That does make more sense. :)

I am a total foot wimp. I mean, I don't go everywhere in heavy boots -- my shoes are pretty light, actually. But if I got the vote, the entire world would be wall-to-wall carpeted.

(I suppose I should just add that to my list for when we learn more about Writing. Please build me one mountain range, towering cliffs and spires of granite, waves thundering against the bluff at dawn... all covered with a nice thick shag, maybe in taupe. Comfy in socks.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

These vines are kicking my tushie. You know that thing about a twisty maze of passages, all different? It's like that. You're squeezing along, getting the heck scratched out of your arms and face, and then you realize that you've pushed fifty feet into a dead end and you should have taken the previous gap on the left.

The trail, when I'm on the trail, has gone on too long to be random. I *think* I'm heading for the top of the nearest hill. It sometimes looks like there's smoke above it -- maybe my barefoot buddy has a campfire. But I have no idea how long it will take me to get there.

I'm going to keep struggling through this over the weekend. But I understand Payiferen is opening up next week, and I'm as curious as the rest of you about *that*. So I will probably give Plum Lake a break next week. I'll start a new thread if I find anything major.

Yes, I'm making a map. (Tying blazes to the vines, too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

*Something* flew overhead this afternoon. (Somewhere between my eighth and ninth wrong turn. Sigh.)

I thought it was a cloud passing over the sun, but the clouds only blow in once a "day", and that was a clear stretch. And none of the volcanic plumes were in that part of the sky. But the shadow... *felt* like smoke. Distant, ripply, not occluding much light.

When I looked up, I only saw the clear royal-blue sky.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2